The Pro Wrestling Thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I personally hope this is a wake up call for WWE and they start upping their game. Something needs to happen.
I get the feeling they won't have any choice before too long. I read something about the third hour of Raw getting a gritty look, from what I understand the ratings of that part of the show has been suffering for a while now.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I just watched a video of AEW chants on RAW. Vince must be fuming!
Apparently Sami Zayn also namedropped AEW during a segment and WWE edited it out on the YouTube video. I do have to say, the Brock Lesnar segment with the boombox was great. Eventhough I am sick and tired of Brock, I did chuckle at his dancemoves. Good stuff. I also like the intensity of Dolph Ziggler. They do really need to stop having Kofi come onto RAW each week with the whole wildcard thing. It takes away from Smackdown.

Wuzza

long time lurker
I stand corrected. (although that's still a pretty big influence :)) NXT has the Cornett approval.
I actually watched a TNA PPV that was on at the weekend (old free one) after conversing in this thread. I quite enjoyed it, not having watched anything since about 2005...

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I stand corrected. (although that's still a pretty big influence :)) NXT has the Cornett approval.
I actually watched a TNA PPV that was on at the weekend (old free one) after conversing in this thread. I quite enjoyed it, not having watched anything since about 2005...
I enjoyed TNA when I was watching it, it's been a long time since I've seen it though (around Aces and Eights time).

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Anybody watching the WWE Super Showdown thing happening tomorrow? I had a day off last year during this show and sat through the whole 6 hours of it including the pre-show. It was...ok. I always enjoy a rumble match, although, 50-man rumbles are a bit much.

I must say I am quite surprised at the 24/7 Championship. It's the ugliest titel I've ever seen, but the segments are really fun. I am also getting more and more intrigued by Bray Wyatt's new gimmick. That and I can wait to see what they do with Aleister Black. He's billed from Amsterdam, but he's actually from Alkmaar, which is in my area.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Anyone seen Jon Moxley's NJPW debut yet. It's worth watching.

Yes! It was awesome!

Anyone watching AEW Fyter Fest this weekend?
Not watching again. No idea how or where to be honest, but don't have the time.

On a side note it seems WWE has appointed Eric Bisschoff and Paul Heyman as Heads of Creative for RAW and Smackdown. Changes should be notable before Summerslam. Very curious to see what's going to happen, but this is 100% a reaction to AEW.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Yes! It was awesome!

Not watching again. No idea how or where to be honest, but don't have the time.

On a side note it seems WWE has appointed Eric Bisschoff and Paul Heyman as Heads of Creative for RAW and Smackdown. Changes should be notable before Summerslam. Very curious to see what's going to happen, but this is 100% a reaction to AEW.
It's on Fite TV if you happen to change your mind and the pre show is on YouTube.

I saw the news about Hayman and Bisschoff, it's an interesting one. I know Heyman has kept his hand in the game but has Biscschoff been involved with wrestling since WCW? I'm not really up on what's been going on in WWE over the last decade or so.

It really does sound like Vince has realised he needs to do something now, exciting times in pro wrestling for sure.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
It's on Fite TV if you happen to change your mind and the pre show is on YouTube.

I saw the news about Hayman and Bisschoff, it's an interesting one. I know Heyman has kept his hand in the game but has Biscschoff been involved with wrestling since WCW? I'm not really up on what's been going on in WWE over the last decade or so.

It really does sound like Vince has realised he needs to do something now, exciting times in pro wrestling for sure.
Yes, Bisschoff was in WWE as GM for RAW from 2002 to 2005, made sporadic appearnces afterwards. He and Hulk Hogan als took over TNA from 2010 to 2012 and tried to compeye with WWE, but failed.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Yes, Bisschoff was in WWE as GM for RAW from 2002 to 2005, made sporadic appearnces afterwards. He and Hulk Hogan als took over TNA from 2010 to 2012 and tried to compeye with WWE, but failed.
It'll be interesting to see what they do, there's no denying they have both had very successful times. I was a massive ECW fan in the 90's, I loved how Heyman managed to make wrestlers that were unlikely to makes waves elsewhere into stars by concentrating on the things they had going for them and making negatives into positives. That philosophy actually had an effect on my life and I managed to use it in my musical career!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
It seems Paul Heyman's influence is already showing. He is supposedly a big fan of Ricochet because of him appealing to teens, which is a demographic the WWE has been losing on. Ricochet has won the US Championship and main evented 2 RAW's in a row now, defeating AJ Styles in the process.