*The* Pedalboard Thread

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Somebody was inspired today. In the past I’ve used the RedRox as a preamp for the clean set JTM45 and not in the chain for the AC15. The AC15 has a master volume so I can set it crunchy and hit it with and overdrive to break it up more. That is until last night I rand the RedRox into the Vox and loved it! So I messed with the signal chain and decided to add a couple pedals while I was at it.

Flow goes Friedman Wah -> Demogorgon Fuzz -> Laney TI Boost -> F pedals Edstortion ->RedRox -> Radial ABY where it splits with channel B going to the stereo delay and AC15, while channel A goes up to the Morning Glory -> Tate FX Boost -> Micro Chorus -> Wraith Reverb -> F Pedals PhazeVibe -> Stereo Delay ->JTM45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beans & rice

Latest incarnation. I like me some chorus. :D :p
If I ever get my other amp back I'll swap the MO2 and the CE3 and try the stereo output on the chorus. I should've just put them there to begin with, and the 3rd Dimension and CE3 would be buddies.
Well, now I kind of have to or it'll bug me.
Okay, just imagine those two swapped and that's what it'll look like in about 2 minutes. :bounce:

pboardv6.jpg

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Is ther a limit to how many treadles you can have ? 2019-09-28 14.12.03.jpg
In my defence....Richtone Music is too close to my house. New(used)Boss Expression pedal to go with the (actually slightly better) Behringer copy of the same pedal - to work the vol and wah and such in the digital fx/amp things/Hog. The rest of the pedals are in a loop of the Helix..... and the wee Van Halen cheapo tuner measure the notes coming out of the pitch shifter area of the board...... just for the heck of it. The ABY take a send from the Helix, and outputs it to the physical amps.

........and this cheap mofo (£11.50ish delivered from ebay) works the patch up/down of the Kemper (2x momentary switches and a TRS socket). But there isn't space on the board. 2019-09-28 14.09.56.jpg

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I'm considering a bit of a re jig of my pedal board.

IMG_20191020_175411973.jpg

The Vibrotrem, phaser and Guvnor are coming off. As much as I like the Wahter having it on the board makes it uncomfortable to use so I think I'll take that off too and go back to using my Wylde wah but have it to the side off the board.

If I can sort out the ticking noise I get when using the external tap tempo switch with my Boss DD7 I'll replace the Flashback. I'm considering a TC Electronic Mojomojo instead of the Guvnor.

I'm also considering getting a different reverb pedal instead of the Reflector. It's a good pedal but it's the only reverb I've ever owned so I'd quite like to try something different.

There will be a few empty spots to try a few new things too.

DrHankWanfordSnr

I'm considering a bit of a re jig of my pedal board.

View attachment 37558

The Vibrotrem, phaser and Guvnor are coming off. As much as I like the Wahter having it on the board makes it uncomfortable to use so I think I'll take that off too and go back to using my Wylde wah but have it to the side off the board.

If I can sort out the ticking noise I get when using the external tap tempo switch with my Boss DD7 I'll replace the Flashback. I'm considering a TC Electronic Mojomojo instead of the Guvnor.

I'm also considering getting a different reverb pedal instead of the Reflector. It's a good pedal but it's the only reverb I've ever owned so I'd quite like to try something different.

There will be a few empty spots to try a few new things too.
The ticking - try powering the delay with a battery to see if its digital noise to ground from the pedal getting onto the shared ground of the pedal powersupply. I have my digital pedals on a separate power supply to the non-digital (Whammy, Hog, tuner, GR55) to avoid the noise they all add.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've been watching Incubus Rig Rundows all weekend. Man, that really brings back the itch to build a huge board with single effects. But that's just not practical. I have to try really hard to remind myself that my HX Effects can do all of that.

DrHankWanfordSnr

More pedals is often the solution....
Takes own advice

NPD(s) on my board...... Freqout (impulse purchase), Whammy DT (impulse purchase), Boss Sy-1 (intended birthday present I've been trying to buy for the last 2-3 months)
2019-10-31 14.26.22.jpg

I'm glad I added a second power supply to the board as the first half of the signal chain is super power hungry. Gtr>Helix>FXloop send>Freqout>Sy-1>Hog>Whammy>Wah>Pinnacle(s)>Zendrive>return to Helix. The wee pedals are connected to the rack for switching and such, the 2x monster Exp pedals.... are exp pedals. The eagle eyed will spot the Digitech FSX3 - optional extra - which changes the preset on the whammy (could have made one but it was roughly the same price as the parts to make one...... kerching!). So many of the pedals overhang the edges that we're now at 'one in - one out'. Or we make a bigger board. Or add a 2nd tier.........

Last edited:
The Pedal Board is finally done - it took an entire weekend to get it all pedals stuck down but most of the time was taking running 50ft of DIY boss patch cables - CRAZY amount of cables required for the ES-8 - things people don't warn you about :D

But no sooner had I got my pedal board all working - my FRFR speakers packed up.
And I tried BIAS AMP 2 on the PC and fell in love with it. I've not powered on the board since then... but the board has an FX Loop (which the sacrificial MT-2 is plugged into) so I can 4-way-wire an amp if needed ;)
I'm eyeing up KALI monitors for replacements; so once they arrive I should be more active on the board.
And I'm seriously considering getting BIAS Mini Head.... but everyone seems to have simultaneously run out of stock.

DrHankWanfordSnr

The Pedal Board is finally done - it took an entire weekend to get it all pedals stuck down but most of the time was taking running 50ft of DIY boss patch cables - CRAZY amount of cables required for the ES-8 - things people don't warn you about :D

But no sooner had I got my pedal board all working - my FRFR speakers packed up.
And I tried BIAS AMP 2 on the PC and fell in love with it. I've not powered on the board since then... but the board has an FX Loop (which the sacrificial MT-2 is plugged into) so I can 4-way-wire an amp if needed ;)
I'm eyeing up KALI monitors for replacements; so once they arrive I should be more active on the board.
And I'm seriously considering getting BIAS Mini Head.... but everyone seems to have simultaneously run out of stock.
That wiring......so neat.......... [faints]

Neilybob100

Brilliant, best that's a great feeling. I now have something to aspire too.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I recently sold my HX effects, and bought everything I used in the HX as a single effect. This is the result. I still had to wire the power on the picture, but I did that yesterday. Everything works great. I'm using the Church of Andy toneprint on the HOF for a bit of an Ambient type of sound with cleans. These pedals are really inspiring. The Gonkulator was bought because I just really wanted it. It might get replaced on the board by something like a Fulltone OCD or a Digital Delay. Not selling it, though.

Pedalboard.jpg