*The* Pedalboard Thread

Baggy

Hey guys! I'm in need for some oppinions or advices so woul really appreciate your help!

I'm looking to expand my small pedal park a bit to give my rig more flexibility. My Randall rd20 head does good job on cleans and high gain stuff but the past nearly three years since I own it, I missed something for more vintage and hard rock stuff. So on for a plexi style pedal and I have three candidates: Ramble FX Marvel Drive, Xotic SL Drive and Tech21 Hot Rod Plexi. What would you suggest out of this three? They also indicate the money ballpark which I'm moving in and would consider ued options too... thanks for your help in advance!
Zvex distortron / box of rock, jtm45 inspired, cheap on ebay usually. You really don't have to spend massive money to get good drive pedals. The love pedal purple plexi is lovely all be it a more jcm800 type sound. Interested has anyone tried the jhs @? Sounds lovely in videos, but I've lost faith in pedal demos online now.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
@hendrixisgod

its the best amp i have ever owned - it sounds so good across all settings, though i tend to run it clean with the blackface "notch" thingout

traded an orange TT head and a Jet City JCA20 Head and cab and some money

don't regret a thing, its utterly amazing
Someone offered to trade a Rivera Chubster 40 for my Butcher head. Have you tried that one?

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
@Tankman

no - but if a chubster is anything like this, its worth a look

channel 1 is based around a hottodded marshall with a boost; channel 2 is either a fender tweed or blackface, depending on if you have the notch engaged or not

it weighs a metric f*cktonne due to transformers, etc. but it is a glorious thing

been alternating my Peerless hardtail and Maybach 60 with the Overrated Special pedal...

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
Someone offered to trade a Rivera Chubster 40 for my Butcher head. Have you tried that one?

Amazing cleans, okay crunch. You'd need a pedal to tighten up the crunch sound. It's actually really good if you just use it as a clean platform cos it takes pedals well. It's a completely different animal to your peavey. Think hot rod dulux with I think a better clean tone.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
@hendrixisgod

its the best amp i have ever owned - it sounds so good across all settings, though i tend to run it clean with the blackface "notch" thingout

traded an orange TT head and a Jet City JCA20 Head and cab and some money

don't regret a thing, its utterly amazing
It is a proper underrated amp. I gigged with one for ages in the 2000's every time I thought about replacing I couldn't find something better until the cornford mkii rolled around. I think my roadhouse 30 is better but it really needs a second channel.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Amazing cleans, okay crunch. You'd need a pedal to tighten up the crunch sound. It's actually really good if you just use it as a clean platform cos it takes pedals well. It's a completely different animal to your peavey. Think hot rod dulux with I think a better clean tone.
Thanks. I actually have a Hot Rod Deljxe which I'm using as a pedal platform right now, so I really don't need another. I upgraded it with a Neo Creamback. Sounds amazing now.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Ditched the board and power supplies and went back to what got me loving the guitar in the first place, Drive and Wah (now with a fuzz boosting it into pure tonal filth).

Very liberating, inspiring, and the Fuzz sounds so much better (dare I say warmer?) using a battery rather than mains power.
View attachment 37066
I've heard quite a few people say they prefer their fuzz running on a battery.