*The* Pedalboard Thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Since Kerry went to bed I found I had some time on my hands so I finally got around to putting the second half of my pedalboard together. Except for one pedal that's in the post and some cable tidying it's done! It's set up with the pedals that go in front of the amp on the lower half of the board and the loop pedals up top. I did it like that because I do occasionally play around with the amp distortion on the 5150 lunchbox but since I usually get my dirt from the Marshall Guvnor I can hook up the bottom row to the top row and go into the front of any clean amp (which is what I did tonight to test the board, very low volume into a Blackstar HT-1 in the lounge).

I'm looking forward to getting to know it better, I haven't played that much with some of the pedals on there so it's going to be fun.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Since Kerry went to bed I found I had some time on my hands so I finally got around to putting the second half of my pedalboard together. Except for one pedal that's in the post and some cable tidying it's done! It's set up with the pedals that go in front of the amp on the lower half of the board and the loop pedals up top. I did it like that because I do occasionally play around with the amp distortion on the 5150 lunchbox but since I usually get my dirt from the Marshall Guvnor I can hook up the bottom row to the top row and go into the front of any clean amp (which is what I did tonight to test the board, very low volume into a Blackstar HT-1 in the lounge).

I'm looking forward to getting to know it better, I haven't played that much with some of the pedals on there so it's going to be fun.
Pics or it didn’t happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I wish I could post pics! I have to send them to Kerry on Facebook messenger and wait till I get to work to access the links to post pics here at the moment. Photobucket seems to hate me for some reason, I gave up on getting it to work. I am reeeeally looking forward to the technical issues on this site being sorted out!

Baggy

This should be it for now lol. Signal chain is as follows :)

Bjfe sparkle face fuzz
Mad Professor sweet honey overdrive (fuzzdog)
Tc polytune
Bjfe honey bee (diy, will probably be replaced with a bluesbreaker)
Crowther hot cake (fuzzdog)
Boss bf2
Aquaboy MN3005 delay (mad bean pedals)
Strymon timeline
Cardinal tremolo v2 (Not finished yet lol)
Dead astronaut fx chasm reverb.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
This should be it for now lol. Signal chain is as follows :)

Bjfe sparkle face fuzz
Mad Professor sweet honey overdrive (fuzzdog)
Tc polytune
Bjfe honey bee (diy, will probably be replaced with a bluesbreaker)
Crowther hot cake (fuzzdog)
Boss bf2
Aquaboy MN3005 delay (mad bean pedals)
Strymon timeline
Cardinal tremolo v2 (Not finished yet lol)
Dead astronaut fx chasm reverb.

Nice and tidy, I approve!

Baggy

Spent some time with new board today, I've got yo tell you I'm not convinced by the timeline. It sounds good and all but there is just too many options to piss about with for me. I work with complicated stuff for my job but I just require instant gratification in my hobbies. No rash decisions I promise :). The boss bf2 is awesome though, exactly what I wanted, really pleased with it.

Tankman

Finally got my pedalboard where I want it to be:

I realised during brandpractice that putting the expression pedal next to the Catapulp was a dumb idea. Everytime I used the expression pedal, I would knock the topleft knob open. That's bass. A lot of bass. I'm going to rearrange the board and have the expression pedal all the way to the left.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
I realised during brandpractice that putting the expression pedal next to the Catapulp was a dumb idea. Everytime I used the expression pedal, I would knock the topleft knob open. That's bass. A lot of bass. I'm going to rearrange the board and have the expression pedal all the way to the left.
But...but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Right then, miracles do happen, I've finished my pedalboard! Kerry told me out of nowhere that she was going out to watch a football game with one of her mates so I found myself with time on my hands. I added the last pedal and cleaned up the wiring underneath. Check it out:

IMG_20190301_205424055.jpg
IMG_20190301_205544739.jpg

It's Pedaltrain Classic Jr with two Caline CP-05 power supplies. Going into the front end of the amp are:

1. TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini
2. Digitech Drop
3. Mooer Wahter
4. MXR Smart Gate
5. Ibanez Mini Tube Screamer
6. Marshall Guvnor

And in the effects loop:

1. Kokko Phaser
2. TC Electronic Corona Mini
3. Marshall Vibratrem
4. TC Electronic Flashback Mini
5. Marshall Reflector
6. TC Electronic Ditto Mini

The power supplies also give me the added bonus of a cool light show!

IMG_20190301_210303993.jpg
IMG_20190301_210413163.jpg

I'm buzzed that it's finished and actually working. It's my first ever board and it's been a good experience, I just hope I don't buy any new pedals for a while!

Last edited: