*The* Pedalboard Thread

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I had a chance to work on my pedalboard yesterday. Both power supplies are attached, all the pedals that go before the amp are in place and all the wiring has been tided up. I'd show you but I can't even get Photobucket to take new pics now. Grrr.

A quick question - How on earth do you take off the rubber sole of a Marshall pedal? That thing has been welded on!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
@Wade Garrett

TBH, no idea - those rubber footprints are solid

you could try putting some masking/ electrical tape over the base before putting on the velcro?
I'll give that a go, I've got some decent gaffa tape that could work out. I tried for about 15 mins yesterday on my Reflector to take the rubber off and got nowhere! Those things are built like tanks! I though Boss pedals were solid but the Marshall ones are military grade!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
@Wade Garrett

another velcro tip - put electrical tape over any labels on the base of yoru pedal before putting the velcro on. the velcro adhesive will not drag the labels off when you remove the tape
Cool, I'll make sure to do that. I'm looking forward to finishing putting the board together. I'm weirdly exited about the bottom of the board, I only had orange cable ties to tidy things up nut it ended up looking pretty funky especially since I used some orange card to help mount the power supplies.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I wish the guy who I bought my Japanese dd3 did that, it's no longer a blue label lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Bad one. There's 4 80's Japanese Boss pedals here between Kerry and myself. I haven't used any of them on my board because I didn't want to mess with them, doing anything other than using them as they are felt like sacrilege! All rubber and labels will be staying put.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
i mixed up my board

one thing that came from it was - the tele with the Albus and the Cool Cat sounds a dead ringer for Brian May's tone on One Vision. which lead to a small change in the routing tonight to get the delays working in a different way...

rout :

wah
thorpy fuzz
keeley compressor
tuner
klone
plimsoul
thorpy albus
elady
pickle vibe
cool cat chorus
-> split
1 : red repeat -> trelocopter
2 : fender delay -> shimverb
-> stereo into HOF
-> stereo out
1: Jet City
2: Tiny Terror

should be fun...

Neilybob100

I believe this is version 39! Lol

Sold the HOF and replaced it with a HOF mini and Flashback mini. More ZCouplers added and Tone City all in a pretty line.

Shame to have to make it messy by adding in the power cables.

Two lines running. One into the front of the amp. guitar->Wah->ODs->Distortions->Noise Gate->Amp and the other through my effects loop Flanger->chorus->delay->reverb on my Jim Root Terror.

Still planning to cut down the overkill of OD and distortion pedals but I'm still playing and trying to work out what like

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I've got something reassembling a pedalboard again :) I went back to a templeboard in the end, didn't realise I had pedalboard OCD and cable management of the pedaltrain drove me scatty. I need to sort out my modulation but that's fine I don't use it often anyway :)

Satisfying!

Speedin Bob

Getcho Groovy Face ON!
I've got something reassembling a pedalboard again :) I went back to a templeboard in the end, didn't realise I had pedalboard OCD and cable management of the pedaltrain drove me scatty. I need to sort out my modulation but that's fine I don't use it often anyway :)

nice and tidy. Well done!