*The* Pedalboard Thread

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Andrew F, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Neilybob100

Neilybob100 Well-Known Member

It just landed there.
    I knew I want those together but didn't have an opinion in which one would go before the other.

Should a gain pedal go before or after an overdrive pedal?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Robstafarian likes this.
  2. drittal

drittal Well-Known Member

There is no right or wrong answer. Try it both ways and keep it how you like it best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tetanus and Robstafarian like this.
  3. SemiCullen

SemiCullen Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays

[​IMG]

Most recent iteration of the board. My re-structuring was brought on by my purchase of the Keeley Filaments pedal. After recently moving things around in my office/music room, I was using a small board with just five or six pedals, but then I had the Keeley Bassist and Compressor plus pedals sitting next to my bass amp and I was thinking about consolidating everything to a smaller board. When I got the Filaments I decided to A/B it against my Friedman BE-OD (which was sitting where the Filaments is now) and go ahead and make the big board.

Signal chain: Polytune > BOSS NS-2 >(in the NS-2 effects loop) Crybaby mini > Precision Drive > Filaments > Earthquaker Acapulco Gold > Mojo Mojo (/NS-2 effects loop)> Keeley Bassist > Keeley Compressor Plus > JHS Muffuletta > Wampler The Doctor > Mooer Ensemble King > Digitech Drop > Mimiq

There were some pedals I would have liked to have on the board, but didn't have space for. I opted for the Filaments over the Friedman because it's a new toy and it's a bit more versatile than the Friedman, but the BE-OD just sounds so good it was a shame not to have the space for it. I also had to leave off my Strymon El Capistan in lieu of The Doctor. I prefer having them both since they're both different delays, but oh well. Finally, I left off my Hall of Fame because my amp has reverb.

4. drittal

drittal Well-Known Member

Less is not more, more is more. Lol! Need to add a second board? Like MtG, a side board. Lol

beans & rice and SemiCullen like this.
  5. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

That's a very cool board, nice one man.

SemiCullen likes this.
  6. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Stop, don’t, come back.

7. Tetanus

Tetanus Well-Known Member

Nice board.
    I think the drop should be at the beginning of the signal chain to feed it with the cleanest signal to make it easier for it to react correctly ?
    But if it's working for you...

SemiCullen likes this.
  8. SemiCullen

When I first got it, and looked up info on it, I thought everyone said it worked best at the end of the chain, but, sure enough, after looking up more info, everyone's all, it should be in the beginning. Guess I got some re-jiggering to do.

Robstafarian likes this.
  9. SemiCullen

I am very glad I headed your advice. It had been sounding quite muddy when activating the Drop. So today I finally decided to take the time to swap things around and it sounds SO much better.

Robstafarian likes this.