*The* Pedalboard Thread

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Andrew F, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Tetanus

Tetanus Well-Known Member

I'm thinking what and how to hook up on my pedalboard.

I almost never use my Wah with this band, might will change, probably for solos (yes, yes, like Kirk Hammett, i know i know :cool: :rolleyes: )
    I can't use my HM-2 either... well, unless we play Blinded by Fear from At The Gates :D but i don't think i will bring this pedal with me every time just for that one song.
    And I don't use the amp's footswitch either...

But as my missus pointed out I just have to load my gear into the car... don't have to carry it so...
    I either get everything on my board again, or I might need to make a mini board...

decisions decisions...:rolleyes::ninja:

2. ShinyChocobo

ShinyChocobo Well-Known Member

I'm getting really into pedals atm, what pedals (and guitar and amp) do you have and what kind of music do you play?

3. Tetanus

with my drummer buddy we would like to play mainly metal, old school death/thrash, some modern metal-core, hardcore stuff as well.
    My amp is a Randall RD45, and I'm renting a Marshall 4x12" with celestion v30s at the rehearsal studio.
    Guitar? this is changing all the time. :) At the moment I got an Ibanez S320. (i think it's a 320, but i might be wrong about the number) and loaded with a DiMarzio X2N (aka Chuck Schuldiner) Pickup.
    BUT(!) i'm just about to go and check a Jackson RR3R (MIJ) and an Ibanez XP300... I might buy one of those if they feel right. Will see...

I used to have an EHX EastRiverDrive (TS clone) but the boost function in my amp sounds good enough for me. Although I'm missing how the TS's tightened up the bass on the front end. I would use the Zoom MS50g in the FX loop with some EQ settings to tighten up the bass response a bit so the Kick drum and the guitar tone would not mash up as much.

ShinyChocobo and Robstafarian like this.
  4. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufustarian” Staff Member

The ParaEQ would be great for that.

Tetanus likes this.
  5. Tetanus

:) I've already saved a setting with a paraEQ. :hug: