*The* Pedalboard Thread

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Very nice, and solid clean cable management!

How's the Kraken pre? What amp do you typically run it with, or going direct?
Thanks! The Kraken is amazing. I run it in 4 cable method with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112, which I have modded with a Celestion Neo Creamback speaker, because the stock speaker is absolute shite. It's ok for cleans, but makes every distortion sound like a fuzz. Basically when the Kraken is off I use the cleans from the Fender. When I turn it on, it bypasses the Fender's pre and put the Kraken straight through the FX return of the Fender. It makes that small combo sound immense. I considered buying the Head with a 2x12 before actually hearing it, because I was afraid the 1x12 would not do it justice, but it's beyond amazing. I tend to have the Reverb on the Fender on 1 or 2 for a little bit of space as well.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
Sweet rig sir!
I run it in 4 cable method with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112, which I have modded with a Celestion Neo Creamback speaker, because the stock speaker is absolute shite. It's ok for cleans, but makes every distortion sound like a fuzz.
I sold mine for that reason lol, I don't for the life of me remember what speaker it had, and mind you I wasn't using it for Kraken like tones, but I did not get on with the stock one either.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Thanks! The Kraken is amazing. I run it in 4 cable method with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112, which I have modded with a Celestion Neo Creamback speaker, because the stock speaker is absolute shite. It's ok for cleans, but makes every distortion sound like a fuzz. Basically when the Kraken is off I use the cleans from the Fender. When I turn it on, it bypasses the Fender's pre and put the Kraken straight through the FX return of the Fender. It makes that small combo sound immense. I considered buying the Head with a 2x12 before actually hearing it, because I was afraid the 1x12 would not do it justice, but it's beyond amazing. I tend to have the Reverb on the Fender on 1 or 2 for a little bit of space as well.
Sweet.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Sweet rig sir!

I sold mine for that reason lol, I don't for the life of me remember what speaker it had, and mind you I wasn't using it for Kraken like tones, but I did not get on with the stock one either.
I put a Vintage 30 in it at first, but that made the amp waaay too heavy. So I opted for Neo as it's basically a Creamback 65 which I used to own and really like a lot.

beans & rice

Got the Digitech CF-7 today. At first I figured I got duped and was sold a faulty pedal. It wouldn't come on at all. It flashed when I plugged it in but that was it. :(

I picked it up and turned it over, plugged it back in and it worked. :)
Tested it out and ran through everything and it all worked fine. Then I did some kajiggering and repositioning of pedals, and it stopped working. :mad:

I figured out that the battery attachment was flopping around underneath and stopping the pedal from being pressed all the way. Phew! :D I packed it in place with a wad of paper and everything's groovy now. :cool: It's a good pedal, I like all the options packed inside. It's now in the spot that the EHX Electric Mistress chorus/flanger had on the primary plank. That has moved to the spot the 3rd Dimension had on El Planko Dos, with that moving to the other group.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Got the Digitech CF-7 today. At first I figured I got duped and was sold a faulty pedal. It wouldn't come on at all. It flashed when I plugged it in but that was it. :(

I picked it up and turned it over, plugged it back in and it worked. :)
Tested it out and ran through everything and it all worked fine. Then I did some kajiggering and repositioning of pedals, and it stopped working. :mad:

I figured out that the battery attachment was flopping around underneath and stopping the pedal from being pressed all the way. Phew! :D I packed it in place with a wad of paper and everything's groovy now. :cool: It's a good pedal, I like all the options packed inside. It's now in the spot that the EHX Electric Mistress chorus/flanger had on the primary plank. That has moved to the spot the 3rd Dimension had on El Planko Dos, with that moving to the other group.
Those Digitech pedals are underrated. I remember particularly liking the Hot Rod and Tone Driver pedals as well. Great sounds.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
Your feet from 10 years ago also popped up. Funny. 10 Years ago I also had the Metal Muff, the Polytune and the Cryaby first in my chain. I think I added an NS2, a chorus and a phaser later.
Haha just notice that. Don't think I own any of them now except the wah. Is a pre PCB wah sounds great but I wouldnt gig with it any more.