*The* Pedalboard Thread

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
1591143667009.png

New board build underway. No power or cables atm. I might need to check out the Morningstar stuff for midi switching the Strymons and EVH. Maybe also get their non-midi-midi switcher if there is room.

Not happy that the bigskys knobs hit the lid of my case the way they do. So might move it down in order to help with that, but don't know about how awkward that could make it to hit the switches over the Timelines knobs.

As for the pedals, I've considered swapping the strymons for a Dark sun or a Flux Echo (whenever that comes out). However if something like the Morningstar works out I'll leave the strymons.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
View attachment 39196

New board build underway. No power or cables atm. I might need to check out the Morningstar stuff for midi switching the Strymons and EVH. Maybe also get their non-midi-midi switcher if there is room.

Not happy that the bigskys knobs hit the lid of my case the way they do. So might move it down in order to help with that, but don't know about how awkward that could make it to hit the switches over the Timelines knobs.

As for the pedals, I've considered swapping the strymons for a Dark sun or a Flux Echo (whenever that comes out). However if something like the Morningstar works out I'll leave the strymons.
Very nice !

Baggy

Right my compact pedalboard in its final form (ish)

Chain is as follows

The flower pedal is a diy bjfe sparkle face with a foot switchable all on preset

The upside down anime girl pedal is a DIY dual pedal of mad professor sweet honey overdrive and a a 1981 inventions drv

Boss bf2

Black sparkle pedal is a 1776 efects cardinal tremolo v2 (kit only) vactrol based harmonic tremolo, was a dog to build this as the original vactols I got were faulty, and they ain't cheap, but it's sounds lovely if not a bit subtle

Strymon volante, well after being a long time analog delay user, I am very impressed with this pedal. My wife got me this for my 40th from a shop closure sale. By god am I glad she did, I know it's been said by others but, it does make you play all sorts of stuff and really drags you in. I've even started to play ambient which I never do lol

TC polytune mini

Last pedal is the space themed one. This is a 1776 rub a dub deluxe Belton brick reverb with a super hard on boost wired in to the mix so i can dirty up the verbs

The bottom 3 pedals where painted by my two eldest daughters as they like to get involved with my daftness :)

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Right my compact pedalboard in its final form (ish)

Chain is as follows

The flower pedal is a diy bjfe sparkle face with a foot switchable all on preset

The upside down anime girl pedal is a DIY dual pedal of mad professor sweet honey overdrive and a a 1981 inventions drv

Boss bf2

Black sparkle pedal is a 1776 efects cardinal tremolo v2 (kit only) vactrol based harmonic tremolo, was a dog to build this as the original vactols I got were faulty, and they ain't cheap, but it's sounds lovely if not a bit subtle

Strymon volante, well after being a long time analog delay user, I am very impressed with this pedal. My wife got me this for my 40th from a shop closure sale. By god am I glad she did, I know it's been said by others but, it does make you play all sorts of stuff and really drags you in. I've even started to play ambient which I never do lol

TC polytune mini

Last pedal is the space themed one. This is a 1776 rub a dub deluxe Belton brick reverb with a super hard on boost wired in to the mix so i can dirty up the verbs

The bottom 3 pedals where painted by my two eldest daughters as they like to get involved with my daftness :)

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk
Very tasty and very tidy. Great job man, that's a sweet board.

beans & rice

Yeah, so things basically change week-to-week. My mini pedal board and the others were dismantled once I figured out everything would work better in the right place, rather than in the places I wanted them. So I've reworked the 3 planks to all be something different and that seems to be working well.
For now. :p

The more time I spent with some of them it made sense to shift things around.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
It's that time again, and way less stressful than the last time now that I know what I'm going to do with this board
Currently waiting on a tonne of cables to wire this together. But in the meantime, what goes here?:

1594020337789.png

Is it

A)The Mobius to have the trio but not have delay infront of the amp.

B)The Cinco Cinco and leave it as is to make the mounting of the cinco cinco more stable than being under the board. It's a midi cinco cinco so the clearence under the board seems to be a bit difficult but could be rigged up

C)The Hall of Fame in the same Morning star loop as the flashback to have delay and reverb infront of the amp

I've got a few things I could opt to put there, also could play with positioning to see if I could get a tumnus in the same loop as the SP Compressor so I could have a klone depending on the type of amp I'm playing through. Also I have a few Fuzz pedals that could be cool on here...

Edit: I think I might of thought on something to solve this, if I'm lucky anyway lol

Last edited:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
It's that time again, and way less stressful than the last time now that I know what I'm going to do with this board
Currently waiting on a tonne of cables to wire this together. But in the meantime, what goes here?:

View attachment 39413

Is it

A)The Mobius to have the trio but not have delay infront of the amp.

B)The Cinco Cinco and leave it as is to make the mounting of the cinco cinco more stable than being under the board. It's a midi cinco cinco so the clearence under the board seems to be a bit difficult but could be rigged up

C)The Hall of Fame in the same Morning star loop as the flashback to have delay and reverb infront of the amp

I've got a few things I could opt to put there, also could play with positioning to see if I could get a tumnus in the same loop as the SP Compressor so I could have a klone depending on the type of amp I'm playing through. Also I have a few Fuzz pedals that could be cool on here...

Edit: I think I might of thought on something to solve this, if I'm lucky anyway lol
Why do you want your delay in front of your amp? And why would adding the Mobius make that impossible?

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Makes it sound messy and blurs the notes together for effect, and space. Edit: That said I think I could be able to make it work by moving the SP
Ah ok. I always found it hard to get decent delay sounds back when I had mine in front of my amp. ( I was using a single channel amp with no loop). In the end, I was only able to get good sounds with Analog Delays.

DrHankWanfordSnr

Makes it sound messy and blurs the notes together for effect, and space. Edit: That said I think I could be able to make it work by moving the SP
Vai uses delay(s) before gain (and after). It changes the way the echoes sound as they reduce in volume (delay before - echoes get cleaner, delay after gain stays same as echoes get quieter). Its good to have options !

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
Vai uses delay(s) before gain (and after). It changes the way the echoes sound as they reduce in volume (delay before - echoes get cleaner, delay after gain stays same as echoes get quieter). Its good to have options !
100% :D
I didn't actually know that about Vais' rig. I need to look into that now that you've told me to see how he has it setup

Also trying to see if I can get away with a mini tuner. Or ultimately if the Morningstar MC6 could function as a tuner. I found a post from 2016 of them beta testing it recieving tuner signals from a Axe FX but that's all I could find. Going to message them asking/suggesting it in some way.
If I get this right I could get a lehle mini dual to make it capable of being a stereo rig/have amp switching, and add a strymon mobius. The flashback is what I have now for delay infront of the amp, but I'm gonna try and snipe out one of those Horizon devices Flux Echo pedals for that slot. Would surely do what I want in front of a bit of dirt, while also be quite nice into the front of a clean channel.
Test fitting with a Ditto as a stand in mini tuner, the problem is it all fits, just not when you account for jack plugs. The times when you wish you would have got the mini Zuul or mini sub'n'up.

We'll make it work. The stry-fecta and it being a stereo board is too sick to not make happen.

Edit:
We got proof it can be done! :cloud9:
1594031060059.png

Again so replace the Flashback with the Flux Echo, and the Ditto with some kind of Mini Tuner. Tell me that ain't hot :hot:

Last edited:

DrHankWanfordSnr

100% :D
I didn't actually know that about Vais' rig. I need to look into that now that you've told me to see how he has it setup

Also trying to see if I can get away with a mini tuner. Or ultimately if the Morningstar MC6 could function as a tuner. I found a post from 2016 of them beta testing it recieving tuner signals from a Axe FX but that's all I could find. Going to message them asking/suggesting it in some way.
If I get this right I could get a lehle mini dual to make it capable of being a stereo rig/have amp switching, and add a strymon mobius. The flashback is what I have now for delay infront of the amp, but I'm gonna try and snipe out one of those Horizon devices Flux Echo pedals for that slot. Would surely do what I want in front of a bit of dirt, while also be quite nice into the front of a clean channel.
Test fitting with a Ditto as a stand in mini tuner, the problem is it all fits, just not when you account for jack plugs. The times when you wish you would have got the mini Zuul or mini sub'n'up.

We'll make it work. The stry-fecta and it being a stereo board is too sick to not make happen.

Edit:
We got proof it can be done! :cloud9:
View attachment 39414

Again so replace the Flashback with the Flux Echo, and the Ditto with some kind of Mini Tuner. Tell me that ain't hot :hot:
The chap himself made a nice video for Boss on pedal order.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Although I my preference is pretty much the same as what is considered the standard of how to order pedals, I still believe you should order them by ear. Whatever sounds good and works for you.

I like Wah first, then tuner, then octaves and Phasers. Then drives and distortions in order of amount of gain from low to high followed by modulation, delay and reverb last.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
As promised, here's an updated image of my Pedaltrain Classic Junior board with the Victory Kraken Preamp installed. I elminated my Wampler Catapulp, MXR Uni-Vibe and T-Rex Quint Machine to be able to fit it on. At first I thought I would get rid of the tap tempo, as it takes up a lot of space for what it is, but it turns out I really do use it a lot, so it got to stay. I was afraid the Kraken would be too tall to have it on the bottom row. I wanted it there, because it's what I step on most out of all pedals, switching between clean and hi gain. I didn't want to be reaching over a row for that. By taking of the rubber feet (the bottom has it's own set of screws to hold it in place) it's a nice height and I can still reach everything. The phase and Saucy Box are not used that often. The Reverb and Delay are used more, but I can reach them quite easily. I also got a Fame Junction Box from Music Store in Cologne. These are usually doubly the price at the least, but this one is only €20,- and it's technically the exact same thing as the One Control ones.

I'm also quite happy with my cable management on this one. The Rockboard flat patchcables are cheap, but sound great. No noise and no tonesuck. Also the flat plugs make the board look even tidier. The power unit is a Carl Martin Pro Power V2. I opted to use Rockboard Flat 9v cables in stead of the cables it came with. They have so many lengths, it was easy to make it look even tidies without needing to tiewrap everything together.

20200708_123007.jpg
20200708_122936.jpg

DrHankWanfordSnr

As promised, here's an updated image of my Pedaltrain Classic Junior board with the Victory Kraken Preamp installed. I elminated my Wampler Catapulp, MXR Uni-Vibe and T-Rex Quint Machine to be able to fit it on. At first I thought I would get rid of the tap tempo, as it takes up a lot of space for what it is, but it turns out I really do use it a lot, so it got to stay. I was afraid the Kraken would be too tall to have it on the bottom row. I wanted it there, because it's what I step on most out of all pedals, switching between clean and hi gain. I didn't want to be reaching over a row for that. By taking of the rubber feet (the bottom has it's own set of screws to hold it in place) it's a nice height and I can still reach everything. The phase and Saucy Box are not used that often. The Reverb and Delay are used more, but I can reach them quite easily. I also got a Fame Junction Box from Music Store in Cologne. These are usually doubly the price at the least, but this one is only €20,- and it's technically the exact same thing as the One Control ones.

I'm also quite happy with my cable management on this one. The Rockboard flat patchcables are cheap, but sound great. No noise and no tonesuck. Also the flat plugs make the board look even tidier. The power unit is a Carl Martin Pro Power V2. I opted to use Rockboard Flat 9v cables in stead of the cables it came with. They have so many lengths, it was easy to make it look even tidies without needing to tiewrap everything together.

View attachment 39439
View attachment 39440
Cool.
Also. Ninja cabling...... Very nice.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
By the way, the angle of the image makes it look like the Kraken is overhanging on the bottom. When I looked back at the image, It shocked me. But I checked the board and it actually lines up nicely on the bottom. The angle makes a lot look crooked, but in real life it's straight. Weird.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.

View attachment 39439
View attachment 39440
Very nice, and solid clean cable management!

How's the Kraken pre? What amp do you typically run it with, or going direct?