*The* Pedalboard Thread

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
How many expression/ volume pedals is too many ?
I have a really strong urge to get another expression pedal.
"No, YOU have too many expression pedals. !!!!1!!1"

2020-01-10 19.30.52.jpg

NB/PSA - the Behringer FC 600 vol/exp pedal is available for £50-60 new (that one was £20 used), and is just as good as the Boss FV500H its copied from (its a dead ringer internally and in construction). But its 2 cm longer.
Technically I now have 4 volume pedals (there's also Little alligator), but these 3 bad boys are dual function and include an expression output (they have a dual potentiometer inside, one half for volume, one half for exp). They're all TRS Exp pedals, but will work with TS (turn the min vol knob to max). The Helix/Kemper get 2x, and 3rd gets swapped around between the rack and the Sy-1.

beans & rice

Found a 16"ish plank of 1x4 in the shed today, sanded it, rounded the edges and rolled some Velcro down it. Makes it much easier to work with on the arm of the couch, with anywhere from 2-5 pedals on it, rather than the weighty hunk that had 10 on it that I made recently.
It was fun putting a board together, but it was impractical for my needs. I have a spot on the bottom of the coffee table where I can stack pedals and swap out as desired.

I need to find that sweet spot to get the acoustic simulator and the multi overtone to play together nicely. I know there's going to be a really cool sound coming from the two of them together eventually. :p

DrHankWanfordSnr

Found a 16"ish plank of 1x4 in the shed today, sanded it, rounded the edges and rolled some Velcro down it. Makes it much easier to work with on the arm of the couch, with anywhere from 2-5 pedals on it, rather than the weighty hunk that had 10 on it that I made recently.
It was fun putting a board together, but it was impractical for my needs. I have a spot on the bottom of the coffee table where I can stack pedals and swap out as desired.

I need to find that sweet spot to get the acoustic simulator and the multi overtone to play together nicely. I know there's going to be a really cool sound coming from the two of them together eventually. :p
Tone plank - the new name for pedalboard ?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
My brother found three if my teenage pedals in my parents attic. I remember the Ibanez, I bought a nostalgic replacement a couple of years ago, but I have no recollection of the other two. I'm assuming I bought them off someone in school.

IMG_20200224_175907995.jpg

Do any of you know anything about them? I've not plugged them in yet so I have no idea if they are any good. It'll be fun finding out!

Neilybob100

My brother found three if my teenage pedals in my parents attic. I remember the Ibanez, I bought a nostalgic replacement a couple of years ago, but I have no recollection of the other two. I'm assuming I bought them off someone in school.

View attachment 38335

Do any of you know anything about them? I've not plugged them in yet so I have no idea if they are any good. It'll be fun finding out!
Ooooh exciting!!

Plug 'em in, plug 'em in!!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Neilybob100

View attachment 38335

You must have plugged them in by now?! How'd they sound?

DrHankWanfordSnr

So. In order to distract me from the new boiler shenanigans (£3000 give or take a tenner), I've made a satellite 'tone plank' for my Kemper/Helix. The pedalboard is an inexpensive used one from Richtone).

IMG_20200229_131153.jpg
It is (from left to right) Helix expression pedals 1, 2, and 3 and toe switch (the Van Halenesque ped switch), then the 4x Kemper footswitches (2x dual switch Moskey pedals). Cable management is improving (honestly it is). The Helix outputs midi CC to control the expression stuff for the Kemper (vol+pitch/wah+morph), the footswitches do patch up/down, + tuner/fx off. Also - the Helix likes TS, those 3x Exp pedals are TRS....until you turn their min volume knob all the way up.... then they're effectively TS (this saves you opening them up and swapping the pot).

The toe switch is the best though. It activates the tone-plank loop in the Helix AND triggers the Helix to send a midi instruction to activate the FX loop in the Kemper. (NB - the command centre of the Helix is soooooo useful)So one press - and my tone-plank is in a loop of the helix - and if the kemper is on.... in one of the FX slots. Click it again, and its all gone (which is cool as you can hear the effect on the sound of the cabling - and compensate for it).

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
new toy added to the living room board - EHX Mod 11

this thing is outrageous for the price. hi quality effects, loads of parameters to work with, easy to get great noises

i have moved everything around to have the PSU off by itself. having a pedal on it was convenient for space, but some pedals were hellish noisy when mounted on it

my Thorpy Fuzzface is still there, off board to the right

IMG_20200308_160557799.jpg

SImonK

wondering around
Well if anything there seems to be more time to stay at home playing guitar at the moment - thought I'd come back and visit here after a few years. Nice thing with having been absent for a bit is I have some new kit to talk about:

Decided to treat myself to a new rig a few months back to fiddle around with some drive pedals, and which was relatively portable to take to friend's houses for jamming/small gigs:

Pedalboard.png

Also wanted to get something lighter than my Blues Junior (which I keep breaking) to plug this all into so went for a class D pseudo-valveamp into the rather excellent BareFaced 1x10:
Amp.png

Neilybob100

new toy added to the living room board - EHX Mod 11

this thing is outrageous for the price. hi quality effects, loads of parameters to work with, easy to get great noises

i have moved everything around to have the PSU off by itself. having a pedal on it was convenient for space, but some pedals were hellish noisy when mounted on it

my Thorpy Fuzzface is still there, off board to the right

View attachment 38439
Looking good.

Same compressor as I have. Can't beat it.

Which Thorpy fuzz you got?

Neilybob100

@Neilybob100

this is it on the left

a while back Mr Thorpe sold some one offs he'd built on ebay - versions of pedals he knocked together

the blue one is a Fuzzface circuit

the green one is a Zendrive

they are bloody marvelous

View attachment 38509
I missed out on one of these early Thorpy pedals.

Got the Thorpy The Veteran now which is amazing.

how do you like it?
I haven't fully dialed it into my rig yet, but first impressions are good. I created an unboxing and first impressions vid on my Youtube channel just to capture a bit of an organic tone. I think half the magic in new pedals is what we hear when we first plug it in! Feel free to check it out (In my sig). It's a great pedal but it took a long time to get it!!

But, I do like it and I think once I've played it at gig volume and can hear it with my full rig I'll really love it.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
So, now that I have an amp with an effects loop again, and no built in reverb, it was time to redo the pedal board.

Here's the rough plan:
Pedals.jpg

Here's the rougher implementation:
Pedals2.jpg

Now that I have the Revv, I could probably do without all those dirt pedals -- maybe just the Precision Drive and the Demogorgon fuzz -- but I love dirt pedals. I try and dial them all to get fundamentally different sounds, but I think the Filaments may go. It's the one that feels most redundant now. The Keeley Super Mod Workstation is doing the job of a couple of pedals I couldn't fit on the board, mainly my beloved The Doctor lo-fi delay that I just couldn't make room for.