*The* Pedalboard Thread

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
How many expression/ volume pedals is too many ?
I have a really strong urge to get another expression pedal.
"No, YOU have too many expression pedals. !!!!1!!1"

2020-01-10 19.30.52.jpg

NB/PSA - the Behringer FC 600 vol/exp pedal is available for £50-60 new (that one was £20 used), and is just as good as the Boss FV500H its copied from (its a dead ringer internally and in construction). But its 2 cm longer.
Technically I now have 4 volume pedals (there's also Little alligator), but these 3 bad boys are dual function and include an expression output (they have a dual potentiometer inside, one half for volume, one half for exp). They're all TRS Exp pedals, but will work with TS (turn the min vol knob to max). The Helix/Kemper get 2x, and 3rd gets swapped around between the rack and the Sy-1.

beans & rice

Found a 16"ish plank of 1x4 in the shed today, sanded it, rounded the edges and rolled some Velcro down it. Makes it much easier to work with on the arm of the couch, with anywhere from 2-5 pedals on it, rather than the weighty hunk that had 10 on it that I made recently.
It was fun putting a board together, but it was impractical for my needs. I have a spot on the bottom of the coffee table where I can stack pedals and swap out as desired.

I need to find that sweet spot to get the acoustic simulator and the multi overtone to play together nicely. I know there's going to be a really cool sound coming from the two of them together eventually. :p

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Found a 16"ish plank of 1x4 in the shed today, sanded it, rounded the edges and rolled some Velcro down it. Makes it much easier to work with on the arm of the couch, with anywhere from 2-5 pedals on it, rather than the weighty hunk that had 10 on it that I made recently.
It was fun putting a board together, but it was impractical for my needs. I have a spot on the bottom of the coffee table where I can stack pedals and swap out as desired.

I need to find that sweet spot to get the acoustic simulator and the multi overtone to play together nicely. I know there's going to be a really cool sound coming from the two of them together eventually. :p
Tone plank - the new name for pedalboard ?