*The* Pedalboard Thread

Andrew F

Chicken Lickin' Tiger Time
Lets discuss all things pedals here, there has been a burst of new pedalboard topics lately so why not condense them all to the one topic where we can share info, photos or anything news related to the greatest things about general guitar geekery. :)

Today I fixed my pedalboard, I replaced a piece of timber so I can keep my M9 on the bottom but have my SMMH and Spring Chicken raised to the appropriate height so I don't have to awkwardly tread arount to turn them off or on. The previous board I had was too long and the measurements weren't perfect. the end result looks dodgy with just the particle board, but its practical so i'm not bothered.

Lets not let this topic die, or else i'll just bump it overandoverandoveroverandoverandoveroverandoverandoveroverandoverandoveroverandoverandoverand...

My aim has allways been to use as few pedals as I can. Straight signal for good sound!. Some pedal is a necessity though. Using boss ns-2, boss eg-7, boss tu-3 and himmelstrutz overdrive and thats about the maximum amount of pedals for me.

Billyblunt

Sid the sexist
Mmmh talking about this with Garry the other day. Do most people buy a ready made board with power included or do they actually build one from scratch? I know each option has its merits but which one is best? It would be nice if a forum member maybe did a little piece on build design, construction & placement of pedals in the *cought* correct chain. I'm sure there's enough expertise on here to help us all out :D

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
Mmmh talking about this with Garry the other day. Do most people buy a ready made board with power included or do they actually build one from scratch? I know each option has its merits but which one is best? It would be nice if a forum member maybe did a little piece on build design, construction & placement of pedals in the *cought* correct chain. I'm sure there's enough expertise on here to help us all out :D
I built one. 2 bits of wood, 3 screws, 4 quids worth of Tolex, some carpet glue and 4 quids worth of velcro. Job done innit!

cderycke

"Your limits may not be where you think they are"
I use the Boss BCB-60. own power supply. powers about 8 small sized pedals but can fit bigger ones on if you want.
I like it.

Ernesto

Does not have the same opinion!
I actually really dislike pedals. Just about anything put in front of an amp hurts my ears. But sometimes it's necessary to add some kind of expression or different sound switching channels or amps or guitars just can't solve. Sometimes I need to take various overdrive/distortion pedals to play through an amp that's not mine, or an amp that's mine but not ideal for the situation, when my other amps are somewhere else, and sometimes the venue has such bad vibes that I have to use EMG's where I would need to use my fender single coil guitars, and I have to rethink everything, in which case I take a handful of pedals that I know very well and start from there to get a suitable tone fast.
Generally though, I prefer no pedals or just a few pedals, and all my pedals are colourcoded by category of pickup load, so that I can easily make a chain with the right amount of tonesuck for the occasion, for the guitars and the amps. My favorite rig is always different amps, very few pedals, and a good buffer in front, and I'm getting more fanatic in searching for a solution that brings out the best in the guitars.
I'm an oldschool player in that sense that I don't use much effects. I seldom use phaser, flanger, octaver, crazy modulations, synth effects, etc... and I basically always come back to the same couple of basic pedals that I know and have used for years, because I just really know how to use them and find that they are reliable and work well with my guitars and amps. I have a lot of pedals that will sound good with one amp but suck with other amps, and I tend to use those pedals less frequently than the pedals that always sound good.

AJS19

The Plank Spanker
My signal chain is:
Guitar>Gearmanndude Luther Drive>OLER Audio Odyssey>Zvex SHO>Fulltone Supa-Trem>Delta Lab Chorus>MXR Carbon Copy>Schmidt Electronics Co. '5E3' Tweed Deluxe ;)

It's all powered by a ModTone Power Plant, and all cables in my rig are George L's. Eventually the goal is to get everything off the floor into a rack drawer switched via an RJM Effects Gizmo and Mastermind.

I will be getting a OLER Audio Klon (Klon clone) to replace the Zvex SHO, and eventually I want to get a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo in place of the MXR Carbon Copy. I don't really use the chorus that much, so I might find something to replace that as well. We will see. Maybe a vibe pedal or something.

woody77

Preparing To Join Club 40
My signal chain is:
Guitar>Gearmanndude Luther Drive>OLER Audio Odyssey>Zvex SHO>Fulltone Supa-Trem>Delta Lab Chorus>MXR Carbon Copy>Schmidt Electronics Co. '5E3' Tweed Deluxe ;)

It's all powered by a ModTone Power Plant, and all cables in my rig are George L's. Eventually the goal is to get everything off the floor into a rack drawer switched via an RJM Effects Gizmo and Mastermind.

I will be getting a OLER Audio Klon (Klon clone) to replace the Zvex SHO, and eventually I want to get a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo in place of the MXR Carbon Copy. I don't really use the chorus that much, so I might find something to replace that as well. We will see. Maybe a vibe pedal or something.

Nice board dude, very tidy. What's the luther drive like, and is it possible for you to do a review of the pedal for Adji's website Dirtbox.. :)

flawlessandeternal

Double OG with a Skeleton Key
I have a digitech whammy, a dunlop crybaby and a zoom g2.
currently i order them:
guitar-whamy-crybaby-g2-amp.
anyone think i should order them any differently?