The Official RCF members YouTube video uploads thread!

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Haven't put on YouTube yet, but made a bumper:

6 Seconds Video on Facebook

I actually bought the animation on Fiverr (I'm no good at graphic design), chopped out the bits I didn't like, shortened it, and replaced the crappy stock music with my own. It's quite useful that Fiverr site, I'm not interested in spending £££'s & hours on graphics, much easier to pay some dude a small fee, probably only took him 10 minutes, then I can put time into content / music.

mirage2101

Haven't put on YouTube yet, but made a bumper:

6 Seconds Video on Facebook

I actually bought the animation on Fiverr (I'm no good at graphic design), chopped out the bits I didn't like, shortened it, and replaced the crappy stock music with my own. It's quite useful that Fiverr site, I'm not interested in spending £££'s & hours on graphics, much easier to pay some dude a small fee, probably only took him 10 minutes, then I can put time into content / music.
looking good!
The music sounds really flat on my crappy headset did you notice that?

mirage2101

Funk strumming this week, a tough technique, but any excuse to put some Pink Floyd in a video ;)

It always amazes me how many YouTube lessons gloss over that 16th rhythm in the wall and call it an “easy beginners strumming pattern” only to have their hand wait in the down position instead of keeping it moving to the rhythm.

AdiHughes

It always amazes me how many YouTube lessons gloss over that 16th rhythm in the wall and call it an “easy beginners strumming pattern” only to have their hand wait in the down position instead of keeping it moving to the rhythm.
Yes!! It's a tough song, I get the same irritation over teen spirit being recommend a beginner riff, it's a full on 16th note groove played tight as a nuns ring!

mirage2101

Yes!! It's a tough song, I get the same irritation over teen spirit being recommend a beginner riff, it's a full on 16th note groove played tight as a nuns ring!
Ah yeah that's another one! Sure it can be played in a more beginner friendly way. But as it's supposed to be it's not easy to begin with.

by the by, what tab did you use to play that part?
I usually do the G part you're starting with on the 10th fret because I think that's where it sounds best. But then I see you doing something different in those high chords moving back to D again from what I know. And I've never really found a version I liked. Most versions use two or three strings and it sounds thin compared to the album.

AdiHughes

Ah yeah that's another one! Sure it can be played in a more beginner friendly way. But as it's supposed to be it's not easy to begin with.

by the by, what tab did you use to play that part?
I usually do the G part you're starting with on the 10th fret because I think that's where it sounds best. But then I see you doing something different in those high chords moving back to D again from what I know. And I've never really found a version I liked. Most versions use two or three strings and it sounds thin compared to the album.
Good question! I learned it years ago from a guitar Pro Tab but changed the voicings. From memory, I think there's 2 clean guitars and 1 distorted, so you'll never get it perfect solo. The chords are just Dm C F and G, I'm just using CAGED to get the voicing variation.

mirage2101

Good question! I learned it years ago from a guitar Pro Tab but changed the voicings. From memory, I think there's 2 clean guitars and 1 distorted, so you'll never get it perfect solo. The chords are just Dm C F and G, I'm just using CAGED to get the voicing variation.
Nice!! I recently go into caged those chords will help me experiment a bit.

thanks!!

An altogether common mistake. If only I had a £ for each time I've seen this.... ooh wait, I do, still poor though haha! Excuse the terrible self-haircut :spider:

and another quality video.
When I got to my second teacher a couple of years ago he said my rhythm was the issue. I thought he was crazy. But he worked me hard and had me practice at counting complicated rhythms. “It’s all good when you can feel it, but sooner or later you’ll need to count one to be able to learn it”

so yeah I’ve been there and learned the hard and late way. People need to hear this and proper rhythm is underestimated.

AdiHughes

Another simple one today. Don't intend on doing many midweek videos, but the wife is off work at the weekend which means I'll probably be bodging some crappy item from ikea together, badly.