The Official RCF members YouTube video uploads thread!

Clear and well structured lesson, personable, well spoken, and good subject matter, top job. I love the warmth of a Maj7th, my favourite trick is moving to a D shape GMaj7 to finish a song on in place of an open G.
Thank you, very kind, I really appreciate that! I was a bit worried if I was clear enough as I didn't script the video, just stuck the camera on record and went for it! I feel like I should spend more timing structuring/thinking of what I should say for future videos.

Love that cadence too, Maj7ths are so nice! Feel like I should follow the video up with a m7th one next though! As I mentioned my videos so far have just been stick on record and film rather than pre-planning content.

If you want to add some fretboard graphics to extend your explanations, you can use my website:

https://lespauled.com/FindNotesOnFretboard/Home/FindNotesOnFretboard

All the intervals are color coded. It might help in describing different chord structures.
Thank you for offering that. I'm a huge noob at video editing (using Premier Pro) so need to do some research on how to implement that. I do actually use a program called Neck Diagrams for my students so may find a way of using diagrams I already have saved via that means!

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Thank you, very kind, I really appreciate that! I was a bit worried if I was clear enough as I didn't script the video, just stuck the camera on record and went for it! I feel like I should spend more timing structuring/thinking of what I should say for future videos.

Love that cadence too, Maj7ths are so nice! Feel like I should follow the video up with a m7th one next though! As I mentioned my videos so far have just been stick on record and film rather than pre-planning content.
You're a natural teacher, keep them coming.

New video uploaded!

Did something a bit different this time. Talking head video but on a few things I think are worth thinking about when learning guitar!

I'd appreciate you checking it out and any feedback, as always, is welcome!

ed lespaul

Regarding #1: Although the premise is correct, the cost of a guitar in no way means it will be better. A better way is to ask someone who plays guitar well, to help you buy a first guitar. I have helped many kids of friends get guitars. On many occasions, I have played several guitars at a guitar store, and found a great guitar at a very reasonable price. Some lower priced guitars play better than expensive guitars. On one occasion, I was looking for a new PC interface, and was checking one out. There was a strat leaning against the desk. I was playing it, while recording and seeing how the interface worked. The guitar was incredible. I honestly thought it was an American strat. About 45 minutes later, I was sold on the interface, and I checked to see how much the "American strat" I was playing costs. I was stunned to find that it was a Squire, and the price was a little over $100. I bought it on the spot, and gave it to my son as his first guitar. He still has it, and when I play it from time to time, I am still amazed at how great it feels and plays.

Regarding #1: Although the premise is correct, the cost of a guitar in no way means it will be better.
That's not really what I was implying but I do agree with what you're saying. Price does not always dictate quality but I didn't state this.

What I said was don't go to "X retailer" and buy a "first guitar pack" for example; here in the UK Argos that is a general goods seller that sells non-branded £50 guitar bundles. All of these are shocking, I've played multiple and even bought one many years ago. I suggested to go to your local music/guitar store and get the best you can afford, not meaning spend £1500. If your budget is £100 then a £100 guitar from a guitar store will be 10 times better than a £100 guitar from a random non-music-store. Guitar stores generally setup guitars and general stores don't, also most guitar stores get good value guitar brands in not random knock offs that are cheap at wholesale price haha!

Maybe I should have made myself more clear there!

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
A little more pop-ish song from me with a The Edge-esque-like* guitar riff.

I wrote the main guitar riff at least five years ago and tried the riff in several other songs before it ended up in this one. So it has been a long time in the making.

The riff started out with the 1/8 dotted delay going into a 1/8 delay. This was at the time when I used the Eleven Rack. It later evolved with the delays going into the Tera Echo for a shimmer-like tail, when I first got the ME-80 and later the GT-100. Then I got the Fractal Audio Axe Fx II XL - and had a Boss Tera Echo in the loop - then it got converted into the Axe Fx III and the Tera Echo was replaced with the Axe’s multi delay for the final sound.

All comments are welcome!

* = Yeah I just invented that ... :cool:

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
Decided to set myself a challenge and try to write, record, and film a song that fits on Instagram (less than 60 seconds). Think I did it. Bonus viewing of the lovely Gibson that I aquired from @doctorpaul a while back. I can't sing for shit, but it's just a bit of fun :D

Good to see her being put to some good use mate ... good job there!

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
So this is my 10th song published since I started doing that last summer. Time flies :eek: (annoying little buggers - flies that is :D ).

In the unlikely circumstance that you want to catch up on all those song (not effin likely I know :p) - there is a playlist for Youtube here. Or you can find me - Noncommittal - on your favourite streaming platform. (Let med know if you don't?).

This one is maybe a little more up close and personal ... definitely ambiguous. The genre is mostly something like "grown up melancholic pop" ... or you tell me! :rolleyes:

Anyways the video was a bit easier to do because I only had to look ugly. And that I pulled off like a boss! :D
The rhythm guitar (A Warmoth La Cabronita) is meant to sound a bit harsh and annoying. The baritone guitar (Also a Warmoth) is meant to put some nice cozy contrast to that. Hope this comes through. Both guitars are featured in the video for your perusing pleasure. ;)

They are both tracked through an Axe FX II XL with a Vox AC30 patch.

Noncommittal - Does It Matter?

As always any comments are welcome - also on the Youtube channel. :)