The Nelly Niel follow-up video. Way to go Chappers!

Speedin Bob

Getcho Groovy Face ON!
Not sure how many saw the video of Rob finding the lap steel guitarist Nelly again, giving him the money he earned off the YT video he posted, and offering to help him get his music out there.

I can't express enough how VERY cool it is/was of Rob to do that.

Rob,

Whether you're goofing around with Lee in a review, laughing it up with Bea and the band, or in situations like those with Nelly, you come across as genuine, authentic, and not in an arrogant take or leave it manner. The grace and concern shown for your fellow man is obvious and the expression on Nelly's face is clearly appreciative.

These traits contribute to your continued success.

You're a good man Mr. Chapman. \m/

Qinnyan

Dave, just Dave
Unfortunately For Jeff Beck, the state of social media today makes it very difficult to remain in the good graces of those who follow it. I say this because now Jeff is faced with a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If he acknowledges the story as he did, he is shown as someone who only cares because it has come up in the media. If he says nothing, he is painted as someone who doesn't care.

What Chappers did was an awesome gesture of what one human can do to help another. Just because Jeff Beck didn't do the same doesn't mean anything. I really feel it is unfair to judge one man based on the actions of another man.

Nick

Unfortunately For Jeff Beck, the state of social media today makes it very difficult to remain in the good graces of those who follow it. I say this because now Jeff is faced with a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If he acknowledges the story as he did, he is shown as someone who only cares because it has come up in the media. If he says nothing, he is painted as someone who doesn't care.

What Chappers did was an awesome gesture of what one human can do to help another. Just because Jeff Beck didn't do the same doesn't mean anything. I really feel it is unfair to judge one man based on the actions of another man.

So true. I personally see it as just "being" - it's impossible to attach judgement at a time like this where similar videos have and are still being made by huge YouTubers like Vitaly (and others in the circle).

I find it good to focus on the positive result for the one who needs it most, as that's the most important thing. And boy, can Nelly make that CAP-10 sing :D

colintraveller

Mars Needs Women
There should be a bandcamp account / page set up so he can sell his cd's on there and have Itunes for those wanting digital format's . I buy from sellers on Bandcamp ..which i prefer .

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
i hope people have subscribed to his channel, here's some more of him at the Monkey Mansion. I'm really loving his playing.

I have seen that video, and he has 22.5 thousand subscribers. Rob has helped him get started, but the point is that he is a good musician.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
I have seen that video, and he has 22.5 thousand subscribers. Rob has helped him get started, but the point is that he is a good musician.
It amazes me how much Youtube has changed... 22.5 thousand in a matter of a week or so.
I mean, it took people like Rob around 4 almost 5 years to hit that. The thing with it is now though. Incredibly hard and is mostly based on luck to get any amount of people watching your stuff but when you do it's usually just massive influxes of people.

Nick

It amazes me how much Youtube has changed... 22.5 thousand in a matter of a week or so.
I mean, it took people like Rob around 4 almost 5 years to hit that. The thing with it is now though. Incredibly hard and is mostly based on luck to get any amount of people watching your stuff but when you do it's usually just massive influxes of people.
I wouldn't say luck... very little actually comes down to blind chance when it comes to the guys in guitar circles. It's all about conventions and who you know.