The MLF Official Football thread

Lewis McKay

I don't know about anyone else, but I love football, and noticing that there were no threads dedicated to it (or my lack of research skills), I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for football.
I suppose this thread could be a hit or fall flat on it's face, but I hope it will become a place to discuss our thoughts on games, and generally have a bit of fun.

If anyone's wondering I currently support Liverpool, but also my local team: Brighton and Hove Albion.
I'll start the ball rolling, what did everyone think about Torres coming on so late?

BackInBlack

Paul Kossoff Reborn
I will watch on Match of the Day :p

Now for Arsenal Fans, who do you think should be our starting back 4, providing everyone was fit and well.
For me: Sanga (RB) Koscielny (CB) Vermearln (CB) Santos (LB).
:D

sted

Darth Sted
Staff member
I'll start the ball rolling, what did everyone think about Torres coming on so late?
Also a red here mate!

Torres, eh? Don't know what the score is there, he's certainly playing..well..ok, when he gets on, trouble is he's got to get Didier Dog Breath off the team sheet but it looks like AVB prefers the ugly ones physicality. 50m on the bench though? Takes a brave manager to do that, especially one who isn't winning many games!
PS, his odds just shortened as being the next manager for the heave, Roman takes no shit!

Lewis McKay

Also a red here mate!

Torres, eh? Don't know what the score is there, he's certainly playing..well..ok, when he gets on, trouble is he's got to get Didier Dog Breath off the team sheet but it looks like AVB prefers the ugly ones physicality. 50m on the bench though? Takes a brave manager to do that, especially one who isn't winning many games!
PS, his odds just shortened as being the next manager for the heave, Roman takes no shit!
Certainly. Carlo Ancelotti got fired by Roman just minutes after failing to win the trophy last season. :eek:
He's definitely ruthless, and I feel a bit sorry for AVB, who has had a bit of an indifferent season, although I can't help but laugh when he crouches down. :D

But still, paying £50m for Fernando Torres and then putting him in at the 84th minute is ridiculous, although Andy Caroll didn't do such a great job either. And I have to admit; I was a little worried when I saw Maxi Rodriguez on the squad rather than Steven Gerrard (I'm a bit of a fan-boy) but he certainly exceeded my expectations. :)

BackInBlack

Paul Kossoff Reborn
I'm just praying RVP doesn't get injured and Wenger buys some solid defenders (unlike Mertasaker whos proving to be a little unreliable), hell Cahill or Samba would be nice.

wheresmycake

Meh. Whatever.
I tried to be a fan of this sport, but the best I can tell it's just a bunch of lawn faeries running around and falling down with grave injuries if so much as a slight breeze touches them.

BackInBlack

Paul Kossoff Reborn
I tried to be a fan of this sport, but the best I can tell it's just a bunch of lawn faeries running around and falling down with grave injuries if so much as a slight breeze touches them.
Aye that is a problem, half of the time it's players trying to play the rules, or just straight out cheat, the other half of the time they are tripping up on the pitch or up on themselves cos they're a daft bunch ;)

Necro

The Demented American
Look, I won't lie.

I'm an American, I came in, despite the fact this is a predominantly British forum, expecting NFL football.

It took me three or four posts of having no idea what the hell you guys were saying to realize what was going on.

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
But they don't use their feet in the NFL.......apart from field goals.

It should be called 'running with ball in hand, occasionally throwing, in an inordinate amount of padding and armour ball'.

Necro

The Demented American
But they don't use their feet in the NFL.......apart from field goals.

It should be called 'running with ball in hand, occasionally throwing, in an inordinate amount of padding and armour ball'.
I admit you guys apply it more aptly. But especially since I'm a big American football fan(And as a result find it more entertaining :p ), it's just ingrained in my mind to think of American football when I hear the name.

MABLUNG

Ain't nobody like me but me.
Rugby is a propper sport.

Football (or 'Soccer' for our colonial brethren) is an evil money making machine run by ignorant old racist fools and played by a bunch of cheating, overpaid, posing, poncey f*ckwits and drink driving, above the law, borderline racists!
That missing link Teves is on just shy of £20k a day! He does F*CK ALL!!! War Veterans are going cold and hungry, my kids school are struggling to find the cash for a new playground (no swings or slides- just large flat concrete), NHS is on its arse, unemployment is mental- the list goes on! (& I'm bloody skint!) He is earning £20K a fucking day because he has can kick a fucking ball!?! This goes for ALL of them! Every bloody one! Don't get me started on 'pundits'. What a bunch of boring clueless sad bastards sat about talking a bunch of shit using metaphores cast off by Jeremy Clarkson with the delusion that their opinion matters.
Beautiful game- BOLLOX!! It is evil.
(breath)

But hey (shrugs) to each his/her own. I don't like it but I understand alot of people do (I can't understand why?)
My opinion.

Bloobank

Guardian Of The Old Blues Brigade
Rugby is a propper sport.

Football (or 'Soccer' for our colonial brethren) is an evil money making machine run by ignorant old racist fools and played by a bunch of cheating, overpaid, posing, poncey f*ckwits and drink driving, above the law, borderline racists!
That missing link Teves is on just shy of £20k a day! He does F*CK ALL!!! War Veterans are going cold and hungry, my kids school are struggling to find the cash for a new playground (no swings or slides- just large flat concrete), NHS is on its arse, unemployment is mental- the list goes on! (& I'm bloody skint!) He is earning £20K a fucking day because he has can kick a fucking ball!?! This goes for ALL of them! Every bloody one! Don't get me started on 'pundits'. What a bunch of boring clueless sad bastards sat about talking a bunch of shit using metaphores cast off by Jeremy Clarkson with the delusion that their opinion matters.
Beautiful game- BOLLOX!! It is evil.
(breath)

But hey (shrugs) to each his/her own. I don't like it but I understand alot of people do (I can't understand why?)
My opinion.
Yup totally agree with you mate but just to correct one little thing, Teves is on £200k a week and he is still being paid that whislt away from football