The LEFTY Vote in March

Discussion in 'Chapman Guitars' started by SM-lefty, Jan 24, 2017.

1. SM-lefty

SM-lefty Member

Well, I'm back, gents, I was one of those lefty's excited about the idea of new CG model for lefty in fact I open this post moths before the actual vote and I will not deny it on the day that the vote came. The first thing I did was open the website and start looking to find the model I wanted but and vote (ML3 BEA sig ) for my surprise and pretty sure I no alone in this ML3 BEa No was available to vote. We I am going to say that this was the first disappointment.... but I left it go . However, now I jut saw the results of the vote and I have Serious doubts that this vote refract the reality of what the lefties want a lower end GF and a high end V really ??? Maybe is just me due to I haven't an impartial point of a view in this vote . Best of the luck to CG with the lefty stuff but Unfortunately I am not interested in either of these two models so for me is time to looking around for other options. Because I realize that I no need a kid or somebody else decided for me what guitar I want....

PD: Maybe I got another brand of guitars that does something very similar to the ML3 BEA in high end and any color also baritone if you want !!!.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Francisco

Francisco Well-Known Member

just noticed graphics on lefty vote are of right handed guitars? :facepalm::bounce::facepalm:

3. ScutMonkey

ScutMonkey Well-Known Member

That was always the point. They want you to look at all the right hand models and decide which on you want as a left.

Robstafarian likes this.
  4. ScutMonkey

The ML-3 is a slightly altered Fender Tele. If that's what you want, then go find a squier or fender modern lefty and put in a BK Warpig and you have 90% of the ML-3 Bea.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-690Y using Tapatalk

5. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Active Member

Vote #2 videoposted on YouTube

Robstafarian and Tetanus like this.
  6. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Active Member

hahaha the V didnt win the vote. A guy from France rigged the game!

FIVE guitars

Ghost Fret Standard
    ML1 Modern Standard
    Ghost Fret Pro
    ML1 Pro Modern
    MLV Pro Modern

no more crying!

7. Andeus

Andeus Well-Known Member

Wow, colour me surprised, we got 5 models instead of 2. Thanks Rob and Chapman crew.
    I think the current line up is pretty solid, we got Explorers and a V (both rare to find in lefty) plus 2 S-style guitars for people with different budgets.

Also, that guy in France, lol.

8. Joeli0sis

Joeli0sis Active Member

if the Ghost Fret standard in Midnight Blue wins im sooo ordering that

9. ScutMonkey

Congrats lefties. Good luck not getting "lunar" for all of them like you usually do!

Robert Purdy likes this.
  10. Sustainerplayer

Sustainerplayer On the edge of breakup

Fake win! ... ehhr ...

But good call making 5 models. Lefties must be on cloud nine now.

Robert Purdy likes this.
  11. ScutMonkey

I'm sure there will be complaints.

beans & rice likes this.
  12. ShinyChocobo

ShinyChocobo Well-Known Member

Or we'll get righties complaining about finishes we don't get.

13. Hendrix4530

Hendrix4530 Member

lol I went and bought myself an ESP after the first vote cause the ghost fret pro didn't win, looks like I'm buying another guitar this year

beans & rice and everfreetree like this.
  14. everfreetree

everfreetree I... I like trees.

Section 10-iC of 'Muricaland. (Tennessee)
    I would call that the opposite of a problem. You're golden, mate.

I mean, Rob said it was something that could/should happen.
    I'm ready to complain.
    Bring on the out-of-reach, lefty, Purple Ghost Fret Pro!
    I dare you, ya lefty bastards... *grits teeth*.

15. jules153

jules153 Well-Known Member

So 5 models with 5 (or4) colour options... :eek:

..who saw that coming? :D
    (not me! ...though I did think the vote would have at least 4 colours for each model)

Robstafarian likes this.
  16. Andeus

Andeus Well-Known Member

Lol, this is harder than I thought it would be. Here are some rumblings: I don't want to vote for the same colour on both Standard models (Midnight Blue) because Incarnadine would be nice too. But I can't decide which one should get it.

Also, with all the recent talk about Smith's Destroyer/Xstroyer I want to vote for a Fireburst Ghost Fret Pro :p

17. jules153

jules153 Well-Known Member

Anyone care to knock up some images of the guitars in each finish so us righties can drool? :cool:

Robstafarian likes this.
  18. everfreetree

everfreetree I... I like trees.

Section 10-iC of 'Muricaland. (Tennessee)
    I mentioned a Purple Ghost Fret in jest, but it seems that not only is it an option (which I did not realize, at the time) but, according to some folks, it is actually winning, so far.
    I hate you all.
    Cheers.

Robert Purdy and Robstafarian like this.
  19. woody77

woody77 Preparing To Join Club 40

As one of the founding members of Rob's Southpaw Army, I was a little disappointed not to see at least one traditional model make it to the final five. Not every southpaw is into the heavier genres these guitars seem to lean towards. This is not a rant, just a concern of mine.

Robert Purdy, Andeus and Robstafarian like this.
  20. Creeperparty

Creeperparty Well-Known Member

It was bassed off what the most voted "non exotic" shape was. Plus I would argue that we have a lot more traditional models provided by other companies, namely fender, and that by providing something more modern, they actually bring something new to the market. That being a modern, two humbucker S Type guitar with a hardtail, that doesn't look like a Schecter (no hate on Schecter, they make a lot of guitars I love, and a lot of left handed guitars, just no left handed guitars that I love). Although I would've loved to see an ML-3 modern as I love me a tele, we went from no lefties, to 2 lefties, to now 5 lefties, I would feel wrong complaining.

It actually feels weird to look at a company bringing out new guitars, and me being stumped as to which I want to buy, I've never had this before, which says a fair bit about being left handed in Australia.