The Helix Strand

Into the 8 ohm Matrix NL212, it puts out about 90W - I had my concerns, honestly. I shouldn't have worried...it's simply astonishing - headroom for days. I thought I'd do a volume test, and I chickened out at the point where we could no longer hear the drummer yet it still had headroom to go, and it sounded great.

On top of that, the active EQ is something truly special. Imagine being able to turn the bass control all the way up (with the others at noon), and all it does is give you more bass and no mud.

And yes, it handles low-end and low tunings as well as any amp I've ever owned. I was mainly using the Friedman drive channel and the SLO clean.

Tankman

I just want to say again how lovely it is to be able to program any effect I can think of on the fly during a jamsession with the band. I love HX Effects. I do still have the urge to check Reverb for some of the more out there effects. If I can get a good deal, they are nice to have for recording purposes. It's the only reason why I keep the pedals I still have around.

Into the 8 ohm Matrix NL212, it puts out about 90W - I had my concerns, honestly. I shouldn't have worried...it's simply astonishing - headroom for days. I thought I'd do a volume test, and I chickened out at the point where we could no longer hear the drummer yet it still had headroom to go, and it sounded great.

On top of that, the active EQ is something truly special. Imagine being able to turn the bass control all the way up (with the others at noon), and all it does is give you more bass and no mud.

And yes, it handles low-end and low tunings as well as any amp I've ever owned. I was mainly using the Friedman drive channel and the SLO clean.
Thank you :)

I’ll get one in the next couple of months to try. If I like it as much as I think I will then all my pedals and amps will finally go (they’ve been gathering dust for months).