the g.a.s thread.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
My wife bought my a used Yamaha APX 900 as a Christmas gift about four years ago. I had dropped a hint in July about a used APX 500 (far less expensive) - as Yamaha were using the APX series to target electric players and learners with its shallow body . . . and I've got chunky, fat little fingers on smallish hands at the end of long ape-arms.

If it was not for a small ding to the headstock, I'd have to describe it as faultless, otherwise 'as new', suits my little hands, plays beautifully and sounds 'full' enough for the size of the body. The setup is just lovely - low action, intonation as good as it can be and the shape of the neck is just right for me.

My Revstar has a persistent problem on the G string with intonation on the first few frets but is otherwise bang on (and that intonation issue is probably my inability to apply a light touch). The near thirty year old, bottom of the range 112 Pacifica is neglected out in the shed but remains similarly, thoroughly competent.

I think Yamaha manufacture a bloody good product at any given price point.

Perhaps not exciting or desirable but solid and dependable.

Woof - that turned in to a Yamaha fanboy rant . . . . did I tell you I've got one of the THR MK II girly desktop amps, too?:facepalm:
Yamaha are my absolute go-to if I don't understand enough to make an informed decision. Friend looking for a classical guitar and asks me because they know I play? Yamaha. Want a keyboard to mess around on? Yamaha. I start thinking about getting a Motorbike rather than getting the Bus to work? Yamaha.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
My wife bought my a used Yamaha APX 900 as a Christmas gift about four years ago. I had dropped a hint in July about a used APX 500 (far less expensive) - as Yamaha were using the APX series to target electric players and learners with its shallow body . . . and I've got chunky, fat little fingers on smallish hands at the end of long ape-arms.

If it was not for a small ding to the headstock, I'd have to describe it as faultless, otherwise 'as new', suits my little hands, plays beautifully and sounds 'full' enough for the size of the body. The setup is just lovely - low action, intonation as good as it can be and the shape of the neck is just right for me.

My Revstar has a persistent problem on the G string with intonation on the first few frets but is otherwise bang on (and that intonation issue is probably my inability to apply a light touch). The near thirty year old, bottom of the range 112 Pacifica is neglected out in the shed but remains similarly, thoroughly competent.

I think Yamaha manufacture a bloody good product at any given price point.

Perhaps not exciting or desirable but solid and dependable.

Woof - that turned in to a Yamaha fanboy rant . . . . did I tell you I've got one of the THR MK II girly desktop amps, too?:facepalm:
Yamaha are a vastly under rated brand, they are up there with Ibanez for me in the sense that I've never played a bad one.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

I really fancy a Pod Go, the Helix and even the LT are more expensive than I would like and are way too highly specced for what I would need so the Pod Go looks like a great option. I've still got my Palmer Macht 402 power amp from when I used the HD500 live for a while and there's 2 free spaces in the rack cases soooo...

I found I needed to tweek sounds for different rooms when I was gigging and fiddling with the global eq was a bit of a pain whereas a quick fader adjustment on the other hand would be way easier.

I was looking the Behringer eq I was thinking that I only need one side of it and then it hit me...the Palmer is a stereo amp! I've always run it mono for extra volume (the metal band I was in was crushingly loud, too loud probably). So let's see - Pod is stereo, 2 channel eq and a stereo power amp...stereo rig!!! I'd need another cab but the Harley Benton 2x12 I use is less than £200 so buying another wouldn't break the bank.

I'd be really tempted to do this if I had space for another cab...maybe if I sold some guitar cases I could find some space...it's soooo tempting!

I could always work up to the stereo rig, the Pod Go is really tempting though.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.

I really fancy a Pod Go, the Helix and even the LT are more expensive than I would like and are way too highly specced for what I would need so the Pod Go looks like a great option. I've still got my Palmer Macht 402 power amp from when I used the HD500 live for a while and there's 2 free spaces in the rack cases soooo...

I found I needed to tweek sounds for different rooms when I was gigging and fiddling with the global eq was a bit of a pain whereas a quick fader adjustment on the other hand would be way easier.

I was looking the Behringer eq I was thinking that I only need one side of it and then it hit me...the Palmer is a stereo amp! I've always run it mono for extra volume (the metal band I was in was crushingly loud, too loud probably). So let's see - Pod is stereo, 2 channel eq and a stereo power amp...stereo rig!!! I'd need another cab but the Harley Benton 2x12 I use is less than £200 so buying another wouldn't break the bank.

I'd be really tempted to do this if I had space for another cab...maybe if I sold some guitar cases I could find some space...it's soooo tempting!

I could always work up to the stereo rig, the Pod Go is really tempting though.
2 1x12s? IIRC Harley Benton do a 1x12 with V30s as well, if the Palmer will allow.

JimothyBeed

The Fired Up Bassist.
@johnniegoat
It is a De gier Lowlander, Yes pretty much just a thunderbird clone but they have colour choices instead of the usual black/vintage burst that gibson do. It's all very much in the future, and I'll probably change my mind a few times on what I actually want to fill the fifth place on my bass stand.

For once, it's not an amp or a guitar... it's not even something expensive.

I'm GAS'ing for a DS-2.

DS2-large.jpg

This presents a slight problem, as I've been using the HD Pro X for all of my effects (and, lately, amps!) for the past several years, so if I start to re-introduce analog pedals into the mix I... may find myself back on the pedalboard wagon. That was an expensive wagon to ride. I don't know that my wallet is prepared for it.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
For once, it's not an amp or a guitar... it's not even something expensive.

I'm GAS'ing for a DS-2.

View attachment 40527

This presents a slight problem, as I've been using the HD Pro X for all of my effects (and, lately, amps!) for the past several years, so if I start to re-introduce analog pedals into the mix I... may find myself back on the pedalboard wagon. That was an expensive wagon to ride. I don't know that my wallet is prepared for it.
You could upgrade to Helix. It has a pretty convincing DS-1 model in it, which is essentially the same thing, without the second mode. I have a broken DS-2 here as a museum piece. It was my first ever pedal back in 2002.