the g.a.s thread.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
@Tankman

i think the CE models are a love or hate thing. they are great guitars, but for some reason i can't bring myself to like them

but if it butters your parsnips, you should do it!! :)

and you have reminded me of the PRGS EG, with the fraly domino pickups. who said GAS can be thwarted??

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
@Tankman

i think the CE models are a love or hate thing. they are great guitars, but for some reason i can't bring myself to like them

but if it butters your parsnips, you should do it!! :)

and you have reminded me of the PRGS EG, with the fraly domino pickups. who said GAS can be thwarted??
I love the way they look. On paper it should be the perfect middle road between a 'normal' PRS and a Strat. I've never played one. I'm going to visit a shop this week that has some in stock and check it out. If I like it, I will get rid of some other stuff to get it. Otherwise I will have to keep searching.

I'm also interested in the white Prestige Ibanez AZ model. I don't like the pickups, though. I've tried them with the band and they just don't work for me. If I go that route, I will probably swap them out, forget about the Dynamix thing, install a 3-way selected and use the mini switch as a coil tap.

Neilybob100

I have Dumble GAS. Listening to my favourite dumble playing blues players and then reading about a recent Ceriatone NAD has got me thinking lots and that's dangerous!

Over on another forum is a Ceriatone OTS 50 for sale. It would be bloody loud for my little practice room but great at my mates studio and the office practice room.

Is it a step too far or it is a f*CK it moment of weakness?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

mirage2101

I have Dumble GAS. Listening to my favourite dumble playing blues players and then reading about a recent Ceriatone NAD has got me thinking lots and that's dangerous!

Over on another forum is a Ceriatone OTS 50 for sale. It would be bloody loud for my little practice room but great at my mates studio and the office practice room.

Is it a step too far or it is a f*CK it moment of weakness?

Ceriatone has a great reputation for amps. 50 watts is a LOT though. You might have to invest in a proper attenuator to be able to use it.

Cool. Which one takes your fancy??

pfew... I like the pro classic thing as a fender with a master volume.
but I think the cub rubs my tummy best.

Steve Wilson from porcupine tree uses a hot cat with two inputs. So he has this stereo volume pedal in front of it to be able to mix his clean and drive tone. I’d like to have a go at that. But these ones don’t have that separate input.

In the end theyre still really expensive though. And I’m not really trusting the k master magic to get them back to attic volumes while sounding this great.

so I’ll keep an eye on that desktop amp they’re putting out. I think that’ll be a great one because it also has a cab out. And that might well be the simple quick and easy amp to keep next to the mark V

I had a 50 watt amp once, had to trade it for a 100w because it wasn't enough to comptete with the Drummer I play with, I remain unconvinced.
hm I did own a 20 watt amp that the seller got rid of because it couldn’t keep up. I get it if you play in sheds and stuff without PA.
But for your attic at home? That’s going to be hard to control.

what kind of amp did you have that you traded in?

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
I had a 50 watt amp once, had to trade it for a 100w because it wasn't enough to comptete with the Drummer I play with, I remain unconvinced.
I had a 30w amp that I never had to go over halfway volume with and it was still louder than the drums and bass in my band. Then again, I had a 60w one that struggled at times. I think it's all down to how the amp is made, valve or solid state etc etc......

Ceriatone has a great reputation for amps. 50 watts is a LOT though. You might have to invest in a proper attenuator to be able to use it.
I've decided this isn't for me though I bet it would sound epic!

I don't need 50 watts and why move away from my currently epic wet/dry setup of 2 different 30 watt amps. I crank these to about halfway at home when no one is there (my work at home lunch break). Best feeling ever! Hopefully gonna head to my mates studio and blow the roof off soon lol.