the g.a.s thread.

Brandon Adams

You've got red on you.
Another wave of Strandberg G.A.S, particularly the G.A.S for getting a 8 string again. Along with amplifier G.A.S. Been eyeing the Invective.
Thankfully Ola (the other one, Englund) is around to help satiate the need a bit
I know full well the amplifier G.A.S is from not having played a real amp for the last couple weeks due to rebuilding my board. So plugins have just been a faster easier solution since I have the midi switcher here to control it. But oh will it ever be glorious to have it set up with a real amp and pedalboard rig.

And Archetype Plini is :cloud9:

I might even need to try the 5150 through the Mesa 412 for the first time when it's set up. Believe it or not, I've actually still only tried it through my Orange 212. I surprise myself a bit with that, because I'm sure it's immense through the 412. There is a part of me that doesn't want to because I know the change in bass response may make the 212 seem a bit weak lol but it'll probably be fine with the resonance knob being a thing

As for the 8 string G.A.S, I fully blame Dean Lamb haha that new black/gold Aries looks so sharp. I just don't know if I could ever get to a place where I could naturally and comfortably play a guitar with a 28" scale length, let alone a 8 string fan fret. When I couldn't even get along with the ML-7T at 27". Though admittedly that was a poor match of neck shape to my hand, so who knows maybe Strandbergs Endurneck is a answer to that problem

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
This is not entirely the right place for this, but I do have mild GAS, so here goes:

I'm still wanting a fatter sounding (pre)amp. I have listed my Fender Hot Rod 112 for sale with the intention of buying something like a 5150 head, but, I do like the portability of my current rig. I'm currently using a Wampler Catapulp as my high gain tone. I came across the Victory Kraken pedal preamp. I can sacrifice 1 or 2 pedals on my board and make space for it. But is it really worth it? I'm kind of GASing for it. Will it cure the 5150 itch I have?

Last edited:

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
This is not entirely the right place for this, but I do have mild GAS, so here goes:

I'm still wanting a fatter sounding (pre)amp. I have listed my Fender Hot Rod 112 for sale with the intention of buying something like a 5150 head, but, I do like the portability of my current rig. I'm currently using a Wampler Catapulp as my high gain tone. I came across the Victory Kraken pedal preamp. I can sacrifice 1 or 2 pedals on my board and make space for it. But is it really worth it? I'm kind of GASing for it. Will it cure the 5150 itch I have?
I say try it........
At worst - you'll not like it and move it on.

I might have to make the App.
Swipe right on the amp of your choice ! [imagine a bit of Barry White playing in the background, soft lighting etc, etc]

In related GAS news. Youtube - those happy 'sons of fun' are putting endless videos of Henning P. into my 'all recommendations' page its 50/50 him slating the Kemper, and showing off the Synergy slot in Preamp thing. Which I have a strong gas for.

Fortunately its so expensive (realivetly) that I'm safe. Its not like I've been saving up for a car....... and have (in theory) enough for a full rack of amp, multiple slots, and all of the desirable preamps................................ D'oh !

Neilybob100

I've been listening to a lot of That Pedal Show on the road via podcast on Android auto. Now I have guess, major GAS! But not for pedals! This is all Mick Taylor's fault!

I have GAS for a ES335. I really have the blues. Almost pulled the trigger on one last night but thought better of it and decided to sleep on it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Neilybob100

@Neilybob100

does that greco have the maxon pickups? if so its bound to be killer

+edit+

also, had i known i'd have told you about my Peerless Hardtail i had for sale. it sold Friday, new owner is delighted. Peerless make great guitars
Cheers mate. I love the old MIJ lawsuit era guitars. I'm sure the peerless ones are great.

The one I'm looking at does have Maxon pups. I've got an itchy trigger finger uh oh!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

mirage2101

Kraken GAS is moving forth. After some googling I saw that a store of which I know the guys stock the V4. I sent him a message. As soon as he has stock he wills end me one to try with the band. He even offered a discount if I like it. If I don't like it, I just send it back.
I like victory. I played their RD1 ages ago and my only gripe was that I did'nt like the tone knob. I saw Rob explain it's use in a video later and I get what I was doing wrong now.
The gas isn't strong enough but someday..

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I like victory. I played their RD1 ages ago and my only gripe was that I did'nt like the tone knob. I saw Rob explain it's use in a video later and I get what I was doing wrong now.
The gas isn't strong enough but someday..
The guy at the shop confirmed that Gain 1 is JCM-ish and Gain 2 is 5150-ish. Combined with my Fender Hot Rod it should make for a half decent sound.