the g.a.s thread.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've been watching Ola Englund for a few months now. I didn't like his stuff at first, but I'm kind of digging him now. I've noticed when he demo's distortion pedals, he plugs them straight into a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. This got me thinking. Perhaps I can sell my Hot Rod and just buy a Powerstage or something similar. I can always get a nice light 2x12 with Neo speakers in it.

So..yeah..GAS I guess?

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Do they allow adjustment for bending notes?

It'd suit my cack-handedness with jumbo frets - slowly getting a bit less heavy handed though.
If I recall, you can have it setup to not change in pitch AT ALL from even a massive bend (for those with flappy, super down-tuned strings, chugging and flying their fingers across the board, at the same time, wanting to stay perfectly in tune), or tone it down a bit and have bends happen, by removing juuust enough of the tension to allow the note to bend a step or so, depending on your preference, and the guy demonstrating it made it seem relatively simple (though, that IS his job, to be fair... your mileage may vary).

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Trogily just got 6, half had high frets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I saw that this morning. It sounds like buying one right now might not be the best move. I have a feeling they will sort it out soon enough, I hope so anyway.

I want to try one of the Les Paul Moderns, I tried the Gibson version a few months back and it was ok but waaaaaay over priced. Around £500 - £600 for the Epiphone version might be more palatable.

On another note, I really enjoy Trogly's videos. You get a really good look at the guitars, I appreciate that.

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
Yeah, I saw that this morning. It sounds like buying one right now might not be the best move. I have a feeling they will sort it out soon enough, I hope so anyway.

I want to try one of the Les Paul Moderns, I tried the Gibson version a few months back and it was ok but waaaaaay over priced. Around £500 - £600 for the Epiphone version might be more palatable.

On another note, I really enjoy Trogly's videos. You get a really good look at the guitars, I appreciate that.
@flawlessandeternal got one of the new satin SG epis and he's enjoying it so far

Chu

I wonder how the comparison would be for an Epiphone that has had a professional fret levelling and set up compared to a Gibson.
Whatever it comes out as, it won't be a Gibson. No matter how good it is, you'll always list for the real thing. I've played plenty of good Epiphones and owned a few Gibsons. I've got a USA PRS and two Korean PRS SEs (both modded a bit). When I play the SEs, they never feel bad or have weaknesses compared to the USA model but I'm convinced that's because I know I have one. If I didn't, I'd spend the whole time wishing I had the real deal.

The USA model IS better. There are differences but when set up as I want, with upgraded parts to make them comparable the SEs still lacks that mojo. I think it's mostly in my head but whatever, I'd never ever be without the full fat version. Can you justify the expense?

End of lecture. As you were.....