the g.a.s thread.

Garythesnail

But does it really matter?
The priority would be an inconspicuous item that's really convenient to use. The current THR30ii model (FFFFF-in how much?) is compact, battery, bluetooth and built in wireless receiver for the guitar (needs a line 6 transmitter though but the THR will charge it too) as well as 1/4" jack lead connection.

There's no way on this earth that my b@lls are going to grow big enough to utter the words:

"oh, by the way, I've bought a FIFTY watt amp that looks like a big black suitcase ....... AND ...... I'll be leaving it plugged in next to the sofa":eek::D

mirage2101

The priority would be an inconspicuous item that's really convenient to use. The current THR30ii model (FFFFF-in how much?) is compact, battery, bluetooth and built in wireless receiver for the guitar (needs a line 6 transmitter though but the THR will charge it too) as well as 1/4" jack lead connection.

There's no way on this earth that my b@lls are going to grow big enough to utter the words:

"oh, by the way, I've bought a FIFTY watt amp that looks like a big black suitcase ....... AND ...... I'll be leaving it plugged in next to the sofa":eek::D
ha! Amateur.. 50 is just the model number. It runs at 0,5 watts of course!!

but yeah that thr looks sweat

Garythesnail

I’m going to need a pic of that
I'm working towards achieving full man-cave status and somewhere buried in that lot are two cars, some old pub doors (would have gone in a skip), hardtop for a different car, two guitar amps and two small PAs (One in a building due for demo and one pulled out of a skip), various tools (some are even functional!) as well as a couple of guitars and my grandad's old sofa. I is a hoarder:eek:

20200105_190839.jpg

The Revstar (as reccomended by Suzie in Spiderman PJs) exists:p.

20200105_191024.jpg

Als you can see, Edward keeps his beady eye on things.

Last edited:

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I'm working towards achieving full man-cave status and somewhere buried in that lot are two cars, some old pub doors (would have gone in a skip), hardtop for a different car, two guitar amps and two small PAs (One in a building due for demo and one pulled out of a skip), various tools (some are even functional!) as well as a couple of guitars and my grandad's old sofa. I is a hoarder:eek:

View attachment 38011

The Revstar (as reccomended by Suzie in Spiderman PJs) exists:p.

View attachment 38012

Als you can see, Edward leeps his beady eye on things.
Yup.
YUP.
280638CF-485C-4A42-920E-AEB80080668E.jpeg
:)

mirage2101

The hook wizard. An El34 driven amp with presets and cab sim but without menus. I expect we’ll see more of these kinds of amps in the future. Easy to use, lots of sounds in it.

the good news for me is that what I heard in this video doesn’t grab me sound wise. The mark V can do it all. And I see a couple of things that are missing for me like a build in attenuator.
but.. I’m still linking it because it’s really cool that a guy (a dutch one as it happens) just started his own amp brand and is making a name for himself. I love that there’s still room on the market for guys like this.

Uptown

A confused lysdexic
And I see a couple of things that are missing for me like a build in attenuator.
>Buying a valve amp
>Wanting it for some other purpose than blowing your eardrums out, blowing your windows out and blowing your neighbors eardrums out.
>why

On a serious note, switchable presets with motorised pots really hits it for this style of thing, makes a change from spending 30 mins trying to figure out what the settings on a preset actually are before you can mess with the sound.