the g.a.s thread.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
It's all your fault that I've ended up here - well, at least your Rusty Rat review and related commentary and opinions is. (I very nearly bought that actual one - just need to learn play the red one I did buy now!:facepalm:)
Woah, that people actually read my ramblings blows my mind!
Thanks for sharing that with me Gary - nice one dude.
And yes, the Revstars are incredibly good guitars and especially so when you consider the (relative) price point.
Delighted you ended up with one too.
But...
AC427134-A1AD-45AA-B561-39887E3B9F37.jpeg
Yep.
I think I’m going to need a pic of that
Or it could well just be a figment of our collective imaginations...
:)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Due to work going really well - even if that means my RCF activity is limited as a result
It DOES mean a NGD me for for Xmas this year
<makes whooping noises>
Hmmm...
But equally, I don’t want to be that dick who just pitches up to the forum show off pics of a shiny new guitar
Then disappears into the ether once folk have stoped complimenting them on their new swag.
So...
Let me know how you’d like me to go about this?
I can either make a new NGD thread
Or just add some pics to the “What put a smile...” thread come Xmas.
That’s up to all of you.
I plan to be on here regularly over the next two weeks #holiday but then I will probably disappear again for a while.
Over to you guys...
:)
NGD....... obviously!

Neilybob100

I'm done buying guitars!!

2020 I'm turning over a new leaf and not spending much on guitars.

Ooooohhh Chapman ML3 Pro semi hollow in the Anderton's sale. Hey it's still 2019, worth a look.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
I've realised I love the tone of my Fender Classic Player and I'm going to keep that and let the Chapman go.

But my friend has just dropped a whopper saying he is thinking if letting his Lazy-J 20 go. Time to remortgage?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

The End of GAS or did #AndertonsMadeMeDoIt ...

I recently found a Dual Rectifier Trem-o-Verb; I've heard everyone rave about them and saying it's the best Dual Rec Mesa ever made... Maybe it's just hype to keep the residual value up, I don't know... but what I do know is one came up on ebay for "cheap"... I couldn't resist and bought it. I was looking for a cheap Marshall JCM2000 (and they are stupid cheap, literally the price of the parts) to have as a project amp, but when the tremoverb came up that was the end of that!
So now my rig is perfect and sounds amazing! I've changed my whole rig this year, pretty much all of it bought from Andertons... you'd think I'd be thrilled and I am but... I’m not the Jedi I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn’t.
I have nightmares and wake up at 5am unable to sleep thinking about how I could make it better...

I have GAS BAD...

I've made myself a FX-MIX/Send-bypass push/pull 25k audio potentiometer to fix the issue with digital pedals in the FX-LOOP. I know most people hack the FXLoop by removing the SND and soldering RTN and MIX together; but when having both is so simple why not do it properly! I booked myself on a "valve amp repair class" before I put it in (one more sleep). I've heard horror stories about high voltage shocks.... Better safe than dead.

mirage2101

That's awesome! Let me know how you achieve putting a lake in front of your window. I need that in my life. :p
Phase 1 is getting nicer wooden paneling and new doors for the closets. I might get something like this. Ikea has these monsters, they're huge. Also of lakes and such.
Phase 2 will be nice heavy curtains and a leather couch of marktplaats :)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Phase 1 is getting nicer wooden paneling and new doors for the closets. I might get something like this. Ikea has these monsters, they're huge. Also of lakes and such.
Phase 2 will be nice heavy curtains and a leather couch of marktplaats :)
Those Ikea posters are nice. You could of course give it a more personal touch and blow up a picture you took yourself on your holiday. I recall some Glacier climbing pics? You probably have more scenic shots.

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
The End of GAS or did #AndertonsMadeMeDoIt ...

I recently found a Dual Rectifier Trem-o-Verb; I've heard everyone rave about them and saying it's the best Dual Rec Mesa ever made... Maybe it's just hype to keep the residual value up, I don't know... but what I do know is one came up on ebay for "cheap"... I couldn't resist and bought it. I was looking for a cheap Marshall JCM2000 (and they are stupid cheap, literally the price of the parts) to have as a project amp, but when the tremoverb came up that was the end of that!
So now my rig is perfect and sounds amazing! I've changed my whole rig this year, pretty much all of it bought from Andertons... you'd think I'd be thrilled and I am but... I’m not the Jedi I should be. I want more. And I know I shouldn’t.
I have nightmares and wake up at 5am unable to sleep thinking about how I could make it better...

I have GAS BAD...

I've made myself a FX-MIX/Send-bypass push/pull 25k audio potentiometer to fix the issue with digital pedals in the FX-LOOP. I know most people hack the FXLoop by removing the SND and soldering RTN and MIX together; but when having both is so simple why not do it properly! I booked myself on a "valve amp repair class" before I put it in (one more sleep). I've heard horror stories about high voltage shocks.... Better safe than dead.

The more I see that Snakebyte the more I want one! XD

But I have been naughty and got my own Big Four machine on its way...;)

Attachments

Garythesnail

I don't do GAS as such, but having been fortunate not to work in any kind of 'service industry' have had a full fortnight off work and been allowed (I know who's boss in my home . . . . and it isn't me) by SWMBO to keep the guitar in the living room. This has made me happy. I now find myself wanting a 'living room rig'.

Phase 1 will involve the purchase of a good quality bluetooth speaker with additional mystery* buttons and knobs

I really don't think I'll be able to get away with this due to the cost of the damned thing - anyone have any direct experience of these little THR amps? Are they a toy or a fit for purpose, if expensive, practice amp?

I've never hankered for a Tele but have been looking at these for few days now given some recent forum activity (Looking at you Wade Garrett). They seem to be the least Tele, Tele there is - anyone tried one?

mirage2101

I really don't think I'll be able to get away with this due to the cost of the damned thing - anyone have any direct experience of these little THR amps? Are they a toy or a fit for purpose, if expensive, practice amp?
People are running away with that thing. Lee said he liked the vox adio better and as you can find on the gear page I tried it and wasn't impressed at all. I do like the katana. It'll do low volume, can take headphones. And in the living room you'll likely be happy with 4 presets so you can do the 50.
But does it really matter? are you going to play with your wife there? or will background noise get her away from TLC or her book?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I don't do GAS as such, but having been fortunate not to work in any kind of 'service industry' have had a full fortnight off work and been allowed (I know who's boss in my home . . . . and it isn't me) by SWMBO to keep the guitar in the living room. This has made me happy. I now find myself wanting a 'living room rig'.

Phase 1 will involve the purchase of a good quality bluetooth speaker with additional mystery* buttons and knobs

I've never hankered for a Tele but have been looking at these for few days now given some recent forum activity (Looking at you Wade Garrett). They seem to be the least Tele, Tele there is - anyone tried one?

:D

I've never tried those Tele's but they look great. They are the ones with the set neck?