the g.a.s thread.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think I've finally come to terms with myself that I'm just not into modern guitars anymore. I'm getting old. Meaning, my GAS is returning but in a new way. I find myself wanting a Fender Mexican Standard Tele, so I can pop some new pickups in it. I remember those playing like a dream. I think it will compliment my custom Tele very well.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think I've finally come to terms with myself that I'm just not into modern guitars anymore. I'm getting old. Meaning, my GAS is returning but in a new way. I find myself wanting a Fender Mexican Standard Tele, so I can pop some new pickups in it. I remember those playing like a dream. I think it will compliment my custom Tele very well.
I just remembered the Fender Modern Player Thinline Deluxe Tele with P90's. I used to love this guitar when we had it in the shop. It was a very popular model. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I really would like a go at the Sunburst model.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I am 99% sure they've been discontinued. They're on the Ibanez website still but no UK Stores have them in stock or the means to get them. Waiting to hear back from Ibanez and Paul himself to see what's happening.
I think production numbers are lower for this model. It's not like a JEM, which most stores want in stock. Most likely the distributor has it or they only sell them on special order. I've also heard from Ibanez reps that sometimes the factory has a minimum quantity required in order to produce a run. If that number is not met with worldwide orders, they just skip it and try again the next time causing even longer delivery times.

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
I think production numbers are lower for this model. It's not like a JEM, which most stores want in stock. Most likely the distributor has it or they only sell them on special order. I've also heard from Ibanez reps that sometimes the factory has a minimum quantity required in order to produce a run. If that number is not met with worldwide orders, they just skip it and try again the next time causing even longer delivery times.
I wouldn't have thought that was an issue, this model has been out since 2015 so it's not that it's a newer model ah well I'll see what they say

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
I’m still gassing for the 50’s LP Jr the local shop has. He doesn’t plan to sell it, just display it for now and eventually maybe give it to his daughter. Laughs at me when I tell him he should sell it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
The guitar dealer who sold me my FSR Japanese Strat, has a good amount of guitars up for sale. There were two that have caught my eye.....

1st one is a 2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard, with a blonde (natural finish) cap and looks just stunning.

2nd is actually what I wanted to get before going with my MIJ Strat. It's an '07 American Deluxe Strat in Sienna Sunburst (it's a cherry burst), which is in my top 5 of Strat colours. I've owned an '04 American Deluxe Strat, that was previously owned by Sensei aka @doctorpaul. These guitars are typically the closest you can get to a "Custom Shop" guitar, being built on the main line. Out of the few that I have played, they all seem to have really nice meaty necks. They all had different finishing touches, like an abalone fretboard marker. It's highly likely I will buy this one, but I am after another Gibson guitar to go with my current two.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
This is a bit wierd type of gas..
But I was watching the good place and the main person was wearing a great dress.. And my wife loved it right away too. So i've taken steps to aquire it for her.
This should get me at least an amp and two pedals worth of credit with her again.
That's actually quite stunning. I don't hope you paid too much because I can't imagine her keeping it on for very long after you see it. :D

mirage2101

That's actually quite stunning. I don't hope you paid too much because I can't imagine her keeping it on for very long after you see it. :D
Ha! Well you might be right about that!

Honestly it's too expensive to just wear once. And while it's a very real risk she deserved to be spoiled a bit. It's currently being shipped and if it fits well, I won't get tired of her wearing it around the house for very short periods :)