the g.a.s thread.

Neilybob100

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I had to pop into my local PMT earlier today and thought I'd try some Strats out.

This Strat is from the American Professional line and unlike the Elite Strat I use to own, this is just a simple SSS config.

This was one of the nicest Strat's I've played on for some time. The neck was a slight satin finish and the thickness of the neck was just perfect for me, after years of me playing my Les Paul Custom. With my discount (I've been using the store since 1996) it would set me back £1295 and I would say it's totally worth it.

Looking forward to getting my MIJ 60's Midnight Strat this year.

Without the provided link, I'd have guessed that the undercoat grey version was relatively recent to match Audi's efforts with cars lately.

I also find it amusing that Kramer, operated by Gibson, have strat-alikes. Not sure how 'authentic' that is although all that nonsense seems to have gone quiet for a bit.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Kramer existed 2 decades before Gibson bought the brand. It was that era that Kramer made its legendary guitars. So far, IMO, Gibson has failed at capitalizing on the brand. However Kramer was defunct by the time Gibson purchased the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
Kramer existed 2 decades before Gibson bought the brand. It was that era that Kramer made its legendary guitars. So far, IMO, Gibson has failed at capitalizing on the brand. However Kramer was defunct by the time Gibson purchased the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, they said they were releasing the cheapest baretta but no shops have received stock yet and that was winter NAMM!