the g.a.s thread.

I want some better pickups for my Agile LP. I can coax some good tones out of the stock ones, and when I want grit they provide well. But they have an overall muddy sound that I just can't get away from completely. Don't want screamers either, just something clear and open that can get a little dirty when called for.

Not really in a rush to actually do it, I've spent a lot on guitar stuff recently. But I often put it down after playing feeling a little disappointed in how things sounded.

People are asking ridiculous prices for the Faded juniors and specials these days, I've seen prices up to £1,300. Gibson need to bring them back at a decent price, they would sell shitloads.
I noticed a price hike for used Gibbos since they raised their new prices, which imho is just silly or ignorant wishful thinking. Basically they’re asking around the original new price or even over. Obviously the market is limited for some of them but that doesn’t justify the silly asking prices one bit. Haggling pants on! ;)

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I noticed a price hike for used Gibbos since they raised their new prices, which imho is just silly or ignorant wishful thinking. Basically they’re asking around the original new price or even over. Obviously the market is limited for some of them but that doesn’t justify the silly asking prices one bit. Haggling pants on! ;)
I'm thinking about selling my Les Paul Studio Faded so I looked on eBay and saw what people are asking for them. £700 to a £1,100 - ridiculous. I know eBay prices are not reality but even so, that people think they could seriously advertise at that is weird.