the g.a.s thread.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
As most people know, I have kept the same guitar for some years now (2015), but I have been lusting after a proper LP Custom R7, which is all mahogany, which gives it a different vibe to one with a maple cap like my custom.

Sadly, I'm gonna need around £2500-£3500 to get one. With my 40th in a few months, I doubt I would even be able to blag one either lol!

I would love to get my mits on another Strat Plus Deluxe, but I know I won't play the damn thing because of my LP Custom.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
As most people know, I have kept the same guitar for some years now (2015), but I have been lusting after a proper LP Custom R7, which is all mahogany, which gives it a different vibe to one with a maple cap like my custom.

Sadly, I'm gonna need around £2500-£3500 to get one. With my 40th in a few months, I doubt I would even be able to blag one either lol!

I would love to get my mits on another Strat Plus Deluxe, but I know I won't play the damn thing because of my LP Custom.
I played a Goldtop R7 a few years back, it was a beast!

Neilybob100

Ooooh I hadn't considered what I might get for my 40th next year Guitar related.

Better get GASing.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I played a Goldtop R7 a few years back, it was a beast!
Biggest thing to remember is that LP Custom of this era didn't have a maple cap like the R7 Gold Top you played. They do feel very different with how they vibrait etc. It's partly why the weight of a Custom and Standard are different from back then.

If I had the cash, I would love to get one, but I am not really good at owning and playing more than one guitar.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Ooooh I hadn't considered what I might get for my 40th next year Guitar related.

Better get GASing.

Because my folks bought me my BMW Z4M-Roadster late last year, as well as covering my insurance and breakdown, I think it would be too much to ask them to drop such big money on a guitar that would be so close to what I already own. Also, I don't know how to really play more than one guitar most of the time. I have my Mex Strat that I modded to be very similar to a Strat Plus. I would like to get an old guitar back I sold to someone who is a guitar dealer. It was a limited run Strat that was red with a matching headstock, had a lot of the Strat Plus bits on it, but the Custom Shop single coils.

I might ask for some new Groover tuners, as I have the half moon ones on my LP Custom, but I want the Tulip style ones, as that would be like the full blown Custom I based mine on when I converted my 2011 Classic Custom.

I was just on Facebook chatting with my Cousin and I ended up chatting with an online buddy who is a guitar dealer on the side. He showed me his latest stock (some 70+ guitars) and even showed me some from his private collection, as he would sell me from them due to our history of doing good deals with each other. He actually bought my an Nividia GTX 1080 graphics card, which I traded in part of a deal for a white USA Strat I had. He always lets me pay him over 3-6 months, with installments and he's also told me he is ok with me going to his home, to play on his guitars and try out anything he has for sale. Well, he just so happened to have a Japanese Fender FSR Stratocaster, in black with gold hardware. The price he offered me was a pretty good deal and this is what I am buying.....

This is a link to Steve's GumTree page. He has a good mix of guitars at all price points.

Last edited:

Neilybob100

Because my folks bought me my BMW Z4M-Roadster late last year, as well as covering my insurance and breakdown, I think it would be too much to ask them to drop such big money on a guitar that would be so close to what I already own. Also, I don't know how to really play more than one guitar most of the time. I have my Mex Strat that I modded to be very similar to a Strat Plus. I would like to get an old guitar back I sold to someone who is a guitar dealer. It was a limited run Strat that was red with a matching headstock, had a lot of the Strat Plus bits on it, but the Custom Shop single coils.

I might ask for some new Groover tuners, as I have the half moon ones on my LP Custom, but I want the Tulip style ones, as that would be like the full blown Custom I based mine on when I converted my 2011 Classic Custom.

I was just on Facebook chatting with my Cousin and I ended up chatting with an online buddy who is a guitar dealer on the side. He showed me his latest stock (some 70+ guitars) and even showed me some from his private collection, as he would sell me from them due to our history of doing good deals with each other. He actually bought my an Nividia GTX 1080 graphics card, which I traded in part of a deal for a white USA Strat I had. He always lets me pay him over 3-6 months, with installments and he's also told me he is ok with me going to his home, to play on his guitars and try out anything he has for sale. Well, he just so happened to have a Japanese Fender FSR Stratocaster, in black with gold hardware. The price he offered me was a pretty good deal and this is what I am buying.....

This is a link to Steve's GumTree page. He has a good mix of guitars at all price points.
Edited - found it in Gumtree.

I can't get the link to work.

Last edited:

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
Bottom one, that's sweet.
Final Two: "A CHALLENGER APPROACHES"

IMG_8745.PNG
IMG_8742.PNG
VS

IMG_9046.PNG
IMG_9042.PNG

Dinky vs Dinky, Jackson vs Charvel, £769 vs £879, JB/59 vs Full Shred/Jazz,

I've opened a proper saving account to save for these, and I'm going on a road trip to Andertons to try before I buy. It's gonna take a while and knowing my luck they'll be discontinued before I get the amount I need but that's just a risk I gotta take.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

View attachment 37436
View attachment 37437
VS

View attachment 37438
View attachment 37439

I've opened a proper saving account to save for these, and I'm going on a road trip to Andertons to try before I buy. It's gonna take a while and knowing my luck they'll be discontinued before I get the amount I need but that's just a risk I gotta take.
Oh man, tough choice. I love the red one because it's screaming 80's to me (although an updated modern 80's if that makes sense?) and the purple is also sweet in a more understated way. I pretty much love both of them! I'm glad to see the heel has been shaped on them, ALL manufactures should be doing that, there's no excuses for blocky square heels these days.

Right then, my choice for what it's worth. Teen me is saying "BUY THE RED ONE"!!!!!!!! The (sort of) adult in me is saying purple.

You know what? When I started writing this sentence I was gonna say purple but now I'm not sure. I'm having a crisis over this and I'm not the one buying the guitar! :D

Err, I'm going to back away slowly and completely jib on making a choice! Either way I think you're going to be a VERY happy camper.

mirage2101

View attachment 37436
View attachment 37437
VS

View attachment 37438
View attachment 37439

Definately the purple. It's much more stylish. I don't really like the shade of red.