the g.a.s thread.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I have serious GAS for an Evertune bridge. I'm just wondering if I should 1. buy a guitar with Evertune 2. Have someone build me a guitar with Evertune or 3. Install Evertune on one of my guitars, most likely the Purple Strat.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I have serious GAS for an Evertune bridge. I'm just wondering if I should 1. buy a guitar with Evertune 2. Have someone build me a guitar with Evertune or 3. Install Evertune on one of my guitars, most likely the Purple Strat.
I think they are a great invention, the fact you know the guitar will have the exact tuning when double tracking is awesome.

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
An issue you may find is that havibg one retrofitted will be prohibitively expensive, only really worth it if the guitar already has a trem route as that gives you a starting point.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think they are a great invention, the fact you know the guitar will have the exact tuning when double tracking is awesome.
Yup, and I'm tuning after every take during recording. It's also a bit of OCD, but it drives me nuts. Evertune seems great.

An issue you may find is that havibg one retrofitted will be prohibitively expensive, only really worth it if the guitar already has a trem route as that gives you a starting point.
Good point. My Purple Strat has a hardtail. My other option would be having one built. I'm thinking something flame top in transparent white. Maybe an HS Tele or Jazzmaster.

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
I've got G.A.S for a new bass, as I'm playing it now in my new project. I put a poll up on my Instagram between a Rickenbacker and a Thunderbird to see which would win and well.....looks like I need to plan on selling some bits to purchase one or the other :D

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
Oh dear... Epiphone has done a thing I like, again.

The new Jared James Nichols "Old Glory" Les Paul Custom.

AND for $1699... you can get the whole set, and just go on and try to BE Jared James Nichols (Why not, really?).

If I tried to play that I'd be arrested in fraud charges...

I want this Soloist I played in Cambridge PMT, feels great and Ferrari Red is a bloody stunning colour!

IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_8438.JPG
IMG_8439.JPG

I don't normally go for red guitars as 9 times out of 10 they're a cheap or basic metallic red but this thing is lush A.F.!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Ah you've reached the "look for reasons" stage. I like that stage :D
Oh I have more than enough reasons! I'm looking for sollutions. It's proving difficult to find a qualified installer in my region. I'm not in a real hurry to get an Evertune, I just really want one. I may even wait until NAMM time to see if there's a guitar I like coming out with one installed. Or, if they have a great discount like they did last year on Black Friday, I might just order the bridge and figure out how to install it later.