the g.a.s thread.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
My current gas isn’t for a specific guitar or brand, but for a lawsuit era LP copy in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Played a 70's Ibanez Les Paul copy recently. Great guitar. Kinda weird it's a bolt-on. Other than that, great guitar. They go for about €400-500
I was about to say Ibanez had some good ones but saw you beat me to it.

Chu

Noticed that Behringer XR18s digital mixers are going for less new at Andertons than used on EBay.....

Considered the weight savings for my 10u rack, replacing a 5u mixer monitor mixer, table top mixer, 1u compressor, 1/2u reverb, splitter and PSUs plus the ability to mix from a mobile phone live and less to set up......

GAS burned for about two hours before bed, turned out the light, switched it back on and bought it! Does just what I hoped! More inputs, better monitoring, better effects and tidied rack. Now to sell a bunch of gear....

Stigs

Ever since I played an 2014 Gibson ES Les Paul, I've been wanting to play more of them. Can't stop thinking about how nice of a guitar it was. I've also been getting some major Les Paul Junior GAS. I love my Junior, but having something that has a thicker neck, more vintage feel, and a cooler finish would be nice. I hope future me has a lot of money, because I need to be able to curb this GAS and Gibson's certainly ain't cheap.

Ever since I played an 2014 Gibson ES Les Paul, I've been wanting to play more of them. Can't stop thinking about how nice of a guitar it was. I've also been getting some major Les Paul Junior GAS. I love my Junior, but having something that has a thicker neck, more vintage feel, and a cooler finish would be nice. I hope future me has a lot of money, because I need to be able to curb this GAS and Gibson's certainly ain't cheap.
ES Les Paul

Just saying...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
So, Mitch had a wonderful surprise I store for me today when he revealed he’d done some research and found a street full of guitars shops in Paris and we headed over on the Metro to wander around it. #bloodyLEGEND
If you ever get the chance to visit Paris head to Rue de Douai
There’s a LOAD of excellent guitar shops there (including one called Left Handed Guitars and another one named Metal Guitars - no clues whatsoever for what they stock respectively;))
Here’s some snaps of a small selection of glorious axes I spotted there...

:)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
So, Mitch had a wonderful surprise I store for me today when he revealed he’d done some research and found a street full of guitars shops in Paris and we headed over on the Metro to wander around it. #bloodyLEGEND
If you ever get the chance to visit Paris head to Rue de Douai
There’s a LOAD of excellent guitar shops there (including one called Left Handed Guitars and another one named Metal Guitars - no clues whatsoever for what they stock respectively;))
Here’s some snaps of a small selection of glorious axes I spotted there...

:)
Sweet!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
@bad alice I did some research. Most of the shops in that steet are actually one company. They have divided it into a specialized shop for Acoustic & Jazz, Bass, Pedals, Amps, Luxury Guitars, Metal Guitars etc. Not sure how strictly they stick to that with the inventory in the shops. I can imagine they have guitars in the amp shop for example.

Just a fun fact. Glad you liked it.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
@bad alice I did some research. Most of the shops in that steet are actually one company. They have divided it into a specialized shop for Acoustic & Jazz, Bass, Pedals, Amps, Luxury Guitars, Metal Guitars etc. Not sure how strictly they stick to that with the inventory in the shops. I can imagine they have guitars in the amp shop for example.

Just a fun fact. Glad you liked it.
Ah! Good to know - thanks @Tankman:)
I did wonder how so many small shops could viably co exist and compete with each other
I loved the whole uber cool boutique shop vibe too
It really gave you that feeling of “what treasures will I find?” as you went into each place.
A truly fantastic experience
HIGHLY recommended...
:):):)

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
The other day I had the excellent idea of using a Line 6 Helix through the PA in stereo as the wet parts of an affordable and easily transportable way of doing a wet/dry/wet rig. I can see some possible phase/lag issues, but I want to try it nonetheless. I kind of want to go digital anyway and this in an excuse to do so while keeping my rock and roll credentials of having a dry valve amp doing it's thang.