the g.a.s thread.

Tankman

Does it have to be Fender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preferably, yes. I was thinking Mexican Standard or Player or whatever they are called now second hand, and then do some mods in the long run. I do however also like the Classic Series 50's strat. But this is on the higher side of my budget.

I have been eyeballing the Squier Classic Vibe 50's strat as well, but I think the lacquered neck might bother me. Note, these are all guitars that I have played, but it's been a few years since I have last played them.

So again, preferably Fender. But, I am open to other brands as long as it looks like a normal strat. I don't want strat sounds in a guitar that looks nothing like a strat.

The 'Vintage' brand have some tasty S-Type guitars :)
I have played some before. I will check their current offerings out.

I don't think I can convince myself to play Harley Benton...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Preferably, yes. I was thinking Mexican Standard or Player or whatever they are called now second hand, and then do some mods in the long run. I do however also like the Classic Series 50's strat. But this is on the higher side of my budget.

I have been eyeballing the Squier Classic Vibe 50's strat as well, but I think the lacquered neck might bother me. Note, these are all guitars that I have played, but it's been a few years since I have last played them.

So again, preferably Fender. But, I am open to other brands as long as it looks like a normal strat. I don't want strat sounds in a guitar that looks nothing like a strat.

I have played some before. I will check their current offerings out.

I don't think I can convince myself to play Harley Benton...
Th Classic Vibe Squier series are definitely worth a look too @Tankman
:)

Tankman

I get that. Every time I try to convince my self to "something else" - I end up putting another Warmoth together :rolleyes::p
I think I'm open to Squier at least as a 'lesser' brand. I am tempted to just start collecting parts and build myself a strat in the end, like I usually end of doing when I have a clear desire for a guitar.

My wishes are:

Alder body
Maple neck and Fretboard
Sunburst finish, preferably the more vintage style like the classic 50's strat.
3 single coils
If I were to build it, hardtail, otherwise I will just block off the trem.

In the end, I will probably just upgrade to the Duncan pickups JF uses. Or Bare Knuckle Boot Camp Old Guards perhaps....But probably Duncans.

Tankman

Well this GAS solved itself quickly. I was talking to a colleague and he said he has a Classic Series 50's Strat in Surf Green that he doesn't use. He got it from somebody as a gift, but he doesn't play. I can have it. For free. That saves me €750 meaning, I don't mind that it's not sunburst. I also like surf green. How awesome is that. I'm in shock right now.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Well this GAS solved itself quickly. I was talking to a colleague and he said he has a Classic Series 50's Strat in Surf Green that he doesn't use. He got it from somebody as a gift, but he doesn't play. I can have it. For free. That saves me €750 meaning, I don't mind that it's not sunburst. I also like surf green. How awesome is that. I'm in shock right now.
Total win! Nice one mate, I'm pleased for you.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
That's awesome.

Now - get funky! (position 2 and 4 ;)).

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
FHHHKING WIN!
:bounce:

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
I think I'm open to Squier at least as a 'lesser' brand. I am tempted to just start collecting parts and build myself a strat in the end, like I usually end of doing when I have a clear desire for a guitar.

My wishes are:

Alder body
Maple neck and Fretboard
Sunburst finish, preferably the more vintage style like the classic 50's strat.
3 single coils
If I were to build it, hardtail, otherwise I will just block off the trem.

In the end, I will probably just upgrade to the Duncan pickups JF uses. Or Bare Knuckle Boot Camp Old Guards perhaps....But probably Duncans.
Something like this...?

9F48D7F4-7630-41E2-A4B9-606EFC354ACD.jpeg