the g.a.s thread.

Tankman

For some reason, I really want something similar to an Acacia Pro Series Hades. Ash body and one of those nice, flat finishes.

I also have a growing interest in the an Ibanez RG652 or RGR652 Prestige guitar....why....

Tankman

For some reason, I really want something similar to an Acacia Pro Series Hades. Ash body and one of those nice, flat finishes.

I also have a growing interest in the an Ibanez RG652 or RGR652 Prestige guitar....why....
So I told my wife I have good news and bad news. The bad news is, I really want to go guitar shopping. The good news is that everything I am interested in is way too expensive to even consider buying, so probably it will just be me trying out guitars for a while.

Tankman

In my case of spontaneous and inexplicable GAS, I now find myself wanting an old Ibanez SZ. I wish they would make those again.

@Wade Garrett I almost bought one. Cancelled my pre-order. I might kick myself if they go up in value in a few years, but I really don't like TS9's.

beans & rice

I've zeroed in on the guitars I want to have, and I have them. So now it's upgrades. And dumping 5 guitars.
New humbuckers for my Agile single cut, new pickups for my Squier and Chapman teles. Might look into swapping the harness in the Agile for one that allows me to split the coils.
And I guess I'd like to have a multi-effects processor of some kind, over pedals, since it would work in my setup better.

Tankman

I've zeroed in on the guitars I want to have, and I have them. So now it's upgrades. And dumping 5 guitars.
New humbuckers for my Agile single cut, new pickups for my Squier and Chapman teles. Might look into swapping the harness in the Agile for one that allows me to split the coils.
And I guess I'd like to have a multi-effects processor of some kind, over pedals, since it would work in my setup better.
Line 6 HX Effects.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Baggy

The fender strap on my Tele is the most comfortable I have, as it has I think fake leather on the back, got it in 2003 at it's still fine. Couldn't bring myself to put on any other brand mind, I just get this image in my head lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
The fender strap on my Tele is the most comfortable I have, as it has I think fake leather on the back, got it in 2003 at it's still fine. Couldn't bring myself to put on any other brand mind, I just get this image in my head lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
:D

I have a strap with fake leather on the back, it does help with comfort. I decided to stop using it because I wasn't digging the burning skull embroidery on it.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Just because of the looks ... I don't need hardware synths ... I think I don't ... :eek:

Nice. Have you seen all the new (I assume it's new, I only found out about them the other day) Behringer synths?

https://www.gear4music.com/Synth-Brands/Behringer

There's some great stuff there for not a huge amount of money. Every time I see this sort of stuff I have to remind my self how many soft synths I have, I don't need new hardware! Want, however is something completely different!

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Nice. Have you seen all the new (I assume it's new, I only found out about them the other day) Behringer synths?

https://www.gear4music.com/Synth-Brands/Behringer

There's some great stuff there for not a huge amount of money. Every time I see this sort of stuff I have to remind my self how many soft synths I have, I don't need new hardware! Want, however is something completely different!
Some of them are new. Yes. :)

Behringer seems to be on a quest to make clones of almost all the old classic synths and drum machines. And that is FOR CHEAP - the Behringer way. They have shown both a 808 and 909 clone.

In the picture is the ARP 2600.

They also have the Odyssey, OB-XA, PRO1 and many more coming :eek:

And they recently bought this stuff from Tears For Fears:

• Eventide Ultra Harmonizer H3000
• PPG Wave 2.2
• EMU Emulator II
• Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
• Yamaha DX1
• Hammond C3 with 2 Leslies
• LinnDrums.

But yeah - luckily I am "in the box" ... and have software replicas of most of those. But being an old geezer seeing hardware always impacts me ;):p