the g.a.s thread.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Hmmm, there's all sorts of thoughts going through my head. This is a bit weird because it shouldn't really appeal to me but there's something about the idea I like.

I've stated before I don't want any more black guitars and I have also mentioned that I'm not the biggest fan of the pickguard on the new Gibson Les Paul DC Junior. So why am I suddenly gassing for a black 2019 Junior? This is why: https://m.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_junior_tribute_dc_2019_we.htm

£523 delivered! It's cheaper than the other colours at Thomman for some reason. I said to my self that I might pick one of these up second hand if I could get one around £500 so this has got my attention. They are £699 in the UK stores. Since the scratch plate makes it look different I feel like it's inviting some mods, namely gold hardware (that might well change though) and a humbucker. I have a couple of other ideas too.

I'm going to have a proper think about this at work tomorrow.

Last edited:

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Hmmm, there's all sorts of thoughts going through my head. This is a bit weird because it shouldn't really appeal to me but there's something about the idea I like.

I've stated before I don't want any more black guitars and I have also mentioned that I'm not the biggest fan of the pickguard on the new Gibson Les Paul DC Junior. So why am I suddenly gassing for a black 2019 Junior? This is why: https://m.thomann.de/gb/gibson_lp_junior_tribute_dc_2019_we.htm

£523 delivered! It's cheaper than the other colours at Thomman for some reason. I said to my self that I might pick one of these up second hand if I could get one around £500 so this has got my attention. They are £699 in the UK stores. Since the scratch plate makes it look different I feel like it's inviting some mods, namely gold hardware (that might well change though) and a humbucker. I have a couple of other ideas too.

I'm going to have a proper think about this at work tomorrow.
Gold hardware on one of those would be MEGA cool.
Just sayin...
:)

bad alice

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
LP GAS.
And considering the price of the 2019 models?
This is a bargain
It’s a 2014 Gibson LP Standard Plus and at 8.4lbs (chambered) not too weighty
And DAT TOP...:cold:
View attachment 36013
View attachment 36014
No nasty eTune nonsense either;
Locking Grovers FTW...
View attachment 36015
Here’s the link of any of you fancy this one...
https://www.theguitarshack.org/product-page/gibson-les-paul-standard-2014-heritage
@doctorpaul feels rude not to tag you bud #Class5esque
Nice!

bad alice

I'm slightly woried it might start getting a bit too bling for a Junior. Custom shop Special for reference:

It's a nice combo though. Decisions, decisions!
6C694281-F472-488F-91EF-24E5BB3CF55B.jpeg
I think that as the guitar has the gold script Gibbo logo means adding gold parts could work.
If it was me - and it’s not:D
I would go gold bridge, gold P90 poles and gold input jack
BUT black pickguard screws and black/gold speed knobs to tone down the pickguard area.
:cold:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
View attachment 36016
I think that as the guitar has the gold script Gibbo logo means adding gold parts could work.
If it was me - and it’s not:D
I would go gold bridge, gold P90 poles and gold input jack
BUT black pickguard screws and black/gold speed knobs to tone down the pickguard area.
:cold:
Another reason I'm not sure if I want to go gold is I can't seem to find the pickup I want with gold pole pieces in the UK. I think I'd have to order one direct form Dimarzio.

Dimarzio DP209 BK

It's a Super Distortion in a P90 body.

This is the knob for chrome hardware:

I think I'd want to ditch the tone for a series/parallel/split three way mini toggle.

Also a Shadow SH124 kill pot, I enjoy the killpot on my Heafy.

By black/gold speed knobs I mean...
View attachment 36017
I think I have a spare set in my parts drawer if you end up wanting them btw
They would be perfect if I went with gold.

Last edited: