the g.a.s thread.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

mirage2101

One negative though: Gibson needs to sort out it’s toggle placement on the DC’s. They’re so terribly inconsistent in their model naming relative to the toggle on the top horn or at the bridge.
I feel naming is a big problem in general in the guitar industry. Amps are pretty clear. there's a brand, a model and sometimes a version.

But between studio, studio pro, standard, tribute etc.. how am I supposed to know what's what.
And to make it worse they're reusing names (like studio, or fender with the vintage reissue line) for vastly different quality and price ranges.

Last edited:

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
Saw this today in GG.
Thought @Wade Garrett @johnniegoat and @doctorpaul #DefLeppard
And all you other hard-rock-yeah-maybe-Metulz-loving bad boys out there...
View attachment 35724
The words “ON SALE” featured heavily too...
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/prod...tom-shop-vivian-campbell-les-paul-custom-sign
:)
Def Leppard are in my top 3 favourite bands ever. It certainly puts the whole variation of gear “needs” into perspective when your a matter of feet away from Viv and he’s belting out Pour Some Sugar with a P90 loaded goldtop. Amazing guitar player.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Def Leppard are in my top 3 favourite bands ever. It certainly puts the whole variation of gear “needs” into perspective when your a matter of feet away from Viv and he’s belting out Pour Some Sugar with a P90 loaded goldtop. Amazing guitar player.
Awesome! I was on Phil's side of the stage when I saw them, such an amazing show. The guitars sounded HUUUUUUUGE!

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
Awesome! I was on Phil's side of the stage when I saw them, such an amazing show. The guitars sounded HUUUUUUUGE!
I had read that they were using fractal audio units but I know that Phil has a few JMP 1 units in his rack setup. Whatever the guys were using sounded incredible. As usual, Phil has put me right in the mood for a floyd superstrat again... and I already know what I’m going to do!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I had read that they were using fractal audio units but I know that Phil has a few JMP 1 units in his rack setup. Whatever the guys were using sounded incredible. As usual, Phil has put me right in the mood for a floyd superstrat again... and I already know what I’m going to do!
I could see a couple of Fractals from where we were sat.

Schnozz