The Car Thread

I ride my bike like a loud biker mice and get 1:25 easily. Unfair advantage. Imagine if I actually shifted gears more fuel economy friendly... :)

So my Alfa 147 has to go. Considering a Daihatsu Cuore now, even if it is for temporary. I use it from A to B and no commute. My parents en grandma had one. My sis has bought grandma’s one. The model I’m looking at is surprisingly spacious, it’s cheap as chips in usage and taxes.

Ideally I’d go for a Titanium Ford Fiesta with at least Climate Control and Cruise Control because my Alfa has that. There’s a load of Fiestas out there but none tick all the boxes yet. Either interior is some racer boy like light Blue/white combo leather combined with an either wine red or bright blue dash interior or it’s missing something like Cruise Control or some fucked up paintjob like dark red of brownish. Looking for cars can be fun and super horrible at the same time. You’d see spec’d out cars without some obviously better choice of option sometimes. Weird people around... :p

Garythesnail

To follow up on the 'latest purchase' thread and to quote one of the fine upstanding members of this community . . . "I did a thing".

I am now the proud owner of a black, 2003 Land Rover Freelander. It has a small capacity, V6 petrol engine, an automatic gearbox and has covered 45,000 miles and came with a good amount of receipts for maintenance work carried out.

When I arrived with the seller (a 200 mile journey), it had undeclared damage which really pissed me off at the time (I think the bollard lost the fight though), wouldn't start and ended up buying a new battery on the hope that it would start.

£1250. If it lasts for 6 months without needing money thrown at it, it will have earned its keep.

My fingers are crossed.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I recently rejoined the BMW Car Club UK. They are an "odd" bunch of people, but they should be able to help get me some much cheaper insurance when it is due late November.

My car is now driving so much better, as I'm now over 4000 miles since I got it in Nov last year. Done some long trips in it, so it always drives much better!

Neilybob100

It's that time of year! Company car shopping time!

I have a choice of Vauxhall or Toyota UK.

Currently driving a Vauxhall Insignia tourer.

Any Vauxhall or Toyota drivers out there?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Garythesnail

Not had a proper modern for a long while - my current 'daily driver' swaps between cars at 16 and 14 years old. My newer car is 2012 WRX STi (which doesn't get enough use . . . and is basically the same as the 2001 version underneath anyway!)

Got to be a hybrid of some description if it's subject to BIK taxation, hasn't it? I used to know the ins and outs of company vehicle use, taxation and fuelling but don't have a clue nowadays.

I'm of the opinion that buying a new, terrible, car is quite difficult now - they're all mostly competent - get the one you like the look of . . . preferably in a funky colour.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
You know what's great?
My 2011 Subaru Outback.
You know what sucks?
My 2011 Subaru Outback, when I'm trying to change a low beam headlight bulb and find out the recommended method is to remove the front bumper cover entirely and remove the headlight assembly... To change JUST the low beam. Every other light can be changed without that.
Subaru, why..? We were getting along so well...

Neilybob100

Not had a proper modern for a long while - my current 'daily driver' swaps between cars at 16 and 14 years old. My newer car is 2012 WRX STi (which doesn't get enough use . . . and is basically the same as the 2001 version underneath anyway!)

Got to be a hybrid of some description if it's subject to BIK taxation, hasn't it? I used to know the ins and outs of company vehicle use, taxation and fuelling but don't have a clue nowadays.

I'm of the opinion that buying a new, terrible, car is quite difficult now - they're all mostly competent - get the one you like the look of . . . preferably in a funky colour.
Yer tell me about it.

Most of the colours are boring too. 4 different shades of grey then white, black or dark blue, so dark you think it's black.

Neilybob100

So just got back from the cinema seeing Le Mans '66.

Wow, just wow!

No major special effects but it makes you feel like you are traveling at 218mph in a GT40. From edge of your seat to emotional rollercoaster. An amazing story told very well.

Wow.

So I think I've decided.

My previous company car history goes Vauxhall, Toyota, Vauxhall, so I guess I'm going Toyota.

Due to size requirements, we carry a lot of gear and plus the benefit for family holidays etc I'm settled on the RAV4.

Just gotta choose a colour now. White to black and every boring shade in-between! A weird pale green and a powder blue