The Car Thread

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
I finally got a new car!

View attachment 35152

It's a Suzuki Swift Sport and I'm really enjoying it since it reminds me a lot of the Citroen Saxo VTS I had back in the day. It's an old school naturally aspirated hot hatch with 125bhp, there are faster hatches these days but this is more than enough for me. I love it's weird looks, it looks like something out of a computer game, it's tiny but really chunky!

It's put a smile on my face for sure and it's waaaaaaaaaay better than the ancient Vauxhall Corsa I've been driving for the past few years. I seem to be getting 40mpg too if I keep the revs under 4000 which is more than possible because there is enough power on hand. It doesn't overheat like my last car either!

The keyless entry and start is pretty cool too. The biggest problem is I want to to drive it all the time! :D
125bhp in something that size will be a hoot! Congrats mate.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I finally got a new car!

View attachment 35152

It's a Suzuki Swift Sport and I'm really enjoying it since it reminds me a lot of the Citroen Saxo VTS I had back in the day. It's an old school naturally aspirated hot hatch with 125bhp, there are faster hatches these days but this is more than enough for me. I love it's weird looks, it looks like something out of a computer game, it's tiny but really chunky!

It's put a smile on my face for sure and it's waaaaaaaaaay better than the ancient Vauxhall Corsa I've been driving for the past few years. I seem to be getting 40mpg too if I keep the revs under 4000 which is more than possible because there is enough power on hand. It doesn't overheat like my last car either!

The keyless entry and start is pretty cool too. The biggest problem is I want to to drive it all the time! :D

I love little hot hatches. We have a 2009 Mini John Cooper Works which has 225hp. It is just as much fun as my old Impreza P1 was to hoon about country roads.

So I take you've been having lots of fun with your new wheels then Grown dude?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I love little hot hatches. We have a 2009 Mini John Cooper Works which has 225hp. It is just as much fun as my old Impreza P1 was to hoon about country roads.

So I take you've been having lots of fun with your new wheels then Grown dude?
225bhp in a hatchback sounds mental!!! The car's been great and Kerry absolutely loves it. It turns out she's wanted one for years so she's over the moon that I bought it.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
225bhp in a hatchback sounds mental!!! The car's been great and Kerry absolutely loves it. It turns out she's wanted one for years so she's over the moon that I bought it.
We are petrolheads in my family. This is technically my mums car, but she never drives it, so it's Poppa and me putting the miles on it lol!

It's a pretty rapid little weapon of a car. Great on the country B roads in and about Oxford. When you activate sport mode, the steering gets heavier and the throttle response is surgical in it's sensitivity.

My old car which I sold in 2016, had 326hp and 330flb of torque. It had over £10,000 of mods and upgrades done to it and it was just perfect. I had it upto a GPS indicated 177mph.

Finally this is my Poppa's "toy". It is a very, very high spec 2004 BMW E46 Convertible M3 Individual. When new, the car had over £20,000 worth of extras selected and I think there was only two more options you could choose on the car. The paint colour, which is part of the individual series, is really rare and even though it looks purple, BMW call it blue "something fancy sounding" .

Poppa has had some custom/special parts and mods done to the car. The car has the VERY rare CSL carbon fiber front splitter, which was factory fitted. Poppa managed to get a NOS set of CSL wheels, which look so much nicer than the standard 19" M3 wheels. He also has a custom VANOS system built and installed, as well as a full stainless steel sports exhaust. With all the tweaks the car is making around 370hp now and when we would go out racing/hooning together our two cars felt pretty evenly matched.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
We are petrolheads in my family. This is technically my mums car, but she never drives it, so it's Poppa and me putting the miles on it lol!

It's a pretty rapid little weapon of a car. Great on the country B roads in and about Oxford. When you activate sport mode, the steering gets heavier and the throttle response is surgical in it's sensitivity.

My old car which I sold in 2016, had 326hp and 330flb of torque. It had over £10,000 of mods and upgrades done to it and it was just perfect. I had it upto a GPS indicated 177mph.

Finally this is my Poppa's "toy". It is a very, very high spec 2004 BMW E46 Convertible M3 Individual. When new, the car had over £20,000 worth of extras selected and I think there was only two more options you could choose on the car. The paint colour, which is part of the individual series, is really rare and even though it looks purple, BMW call it blue "something fancy sounding" .

Poppa has had some custom/special parts and mods done to the car. The car has the VERY rare CSL carbon fiber front splitter, which was factory fitted. Poppa managed to get a NOS set of CSL wheels, which look so much nicer than the standard 19" M3 wheels. He also has a custom VANOS system built and installed, as well as a full stainless steel sports exhaust. With all the tweaks the car is making around 370hp now and when we would go out racing/hooning together our two cars felt pretty evenly matched.

Wow. Awesome cars man! My mate used to have a Scooby, beastly cars, proper fast

Tetanus

Guys!
Anyone could me advise on a great but inexpensive Dash Cam set please?
I seen NextBase and Phillips at Halfords. But i bet there are other options out there.
Any experience with any brand?

The specs I would like to have in the package:
Night mode, G sensor (for automatic on if the car is parked up but someone bumped into the car), use the rear cam as a reversing/parking camera as well.
Good enough video quality to get Reg plate info if needed (day and night as well).
And of course: A great price... :)

Thanks

ed lespaul

I have 2 Vantrue Dash Cams and they have never given me a problem. They have both a front (external) and back (internal) lens for seeing outside and inside the car. Just having it has saved me from the erroneous cop testing my reaction to "You're not wearing your seat belt." A simple answer of "Of course I am, and my dashcam will prove that I put it on as soon as I got in." At that point, the cop will give up on trying to give you a nonsensical ticket.

It also came in handy when my don got rear-ended. It's really a fantastic device to have. Just make sure you get front and rear in any model you choose.

Tetanus

I have 2 Vantrue Dash Cams and they have never given me a problem. They have both a front (external) and back (internal) lens for seeing outside and inside the car. Just having it has saved me from the erroneous cop testing my reaction to "You're not wearing your seat belt." A simple answer of "Of course I am, and my dashcam will prove that I put it on as soon as I got in." At that point, the cop will give up on trying to give you a nonsensical ticket.

It also came in handy when my don got rear-ended. It's really a fantastic device to have. Just make sure you get front and rear in any model you choose.
Thanks mate.
the corrupt cops playing their games in my home country as well... but luckily there is no such thing here in the UK.
But our two cars been hit a few times already in the parking spots; of course the driver didn't leave any notes... :( Hence i was thinking to get a dash cam with G-sensor built in.
I also drive on the motorway on a daily basis and I've seen so many bad drivers, i just would feel safer if i could prove what is going on on the road if (god forbid) something happens.

I drive a 66 plate VW Golf GTD 2ltr in carbon grey or whatever they call it! Had it for a year now and still love it!

can't get picture to load :(

Used to have a Honda Civic Type R 07 but forced to sell it a few years ago, then had a Vauxhall Astra sport model but cant remember what it's called now haha. Basically I was driving home from work, stopped at a traffic light and some idiot plowed into the back of me at 40mph. Both cars total right off, physio for months. They gave me a VW GTD as a courtesy car and I knew I had to have one haha.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
I drive a 66 plate VW Golf GTD 2ltr in carbon grey or whatever they call it! Had it for a year now and still love it!
I've got a 60 plate Golf 1.6tdi. Its gone in to get an injector replaced today:(. My previous Golf mk5 1.9tdi was high mileage and practically bomb proof. This one not-so-much. I still like it though.

I did have a lift home in the garage bosses GTD once. It was showing overall mpg around 18. Boy that guy must thrash the thing.

I've got a 60 plate Golf 1.6tdi. Its gone in to get an injector replaced today:(. My previous Golf mk5 1.9tdi was high mileage and practically bomb proof. This one not-so-much. I still like it though.

I did have a lift home in the garage bosses GTD once. It was showing overall mpg around 18. Boy that guy must thrash the thing.
Ah man I hope it got repaired OK! Haha damn, 18MPG?! Mine is nearly 50MPG average... it does fly if you want it to though!