Switcher....

Stu_T

I had an ES5 on loan from Boss I really liked it. It was easy to programme midi from the panel.

One Control are also excellent. I'm using a musicom at the moment which is good but you need the laptop to program midi,

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
cheers people I think the
es might be a bit of over kill for me. I don't need it to be programmable I don't think, I would just like better access. I don't really use midi.

I had an Es-8, it was fantastic. Overkill for me, should have just got the 5 lol.

can you use it as a latching switching for amp?

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
The Octaswitch by Carl Martin drives my whole rig (pretty much).
Great, but a bit pricey (although I got mine used from here). It is also frikkin HUGE.
No programming bullshit to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctorpaul

Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.
Staff member
The Octaswitch by Carl Martin drives my whole rig (pretty much).
Great, but a bit pricey (although I got mine used from here). It is also frikkin HUGE.
No programming bullshit to worry about.

... and it will control your amp channels ...

cheers people I think the
es might be a bit of over kill for me. I don't need it to be programmable I don't think, I would just like better access. I don't really use midi.

can you use it as a latching switching for amp?
Yep - absolutely. Seriously, buy one. You will not look back if pedal boards are your thing. They can control any amp that switches channel and you can setup patches and turn effects on and off within patches. You can even move pedals before or after the pre amp if your amp has a loop and change that order in different patches.
It’s like having a helix but with more cables. Very easy to programme too.

MikeB

Have a look online at Bright Onion - I had a custom small looper built to include amp switching. Really good quality!

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
Only problem with the Octa switch is that it's fecking huge! Otherwise that's a great bit of kit.
yup its bloody massive!

Have a look online at Bright Onion - I had a custom small looper built to include amp switching. Really good quality!
although I am not getting my switch from them I am going to a duel latching switch for my amp. the Marshall on is a wee bit on the annoying side.

DrJazztap

What sort of thing do you need from a switcher? I have a 5 loop switcher which isn't programmable. I just wanted something to cut down signal loss and if I used it in a live situation if one pedal went down or I had a dodgy patch cable the board wouldnt go down.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
What sort of thing do you need from a switcher? I have a 5 loop switcher which isn't programmable. I just wanted something to cut down signal loss and if I used it in a live situation if one pedal went down or I had a dodgy patch cable the board wouldnt go down.
I like the look of the quartermaster by gigrig....i kinda free form with my fx live so programable isn't a thing I need I don't think. Its access. I barely turn on my flanger just cos it's hard to get to. I keep rearrange my board and can't get it right.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I like the look of the quartermaster by gigrig....i kinda free form with my fx live so programable isn't a thing I need I don't think. Its access. I barely turn on my flanger just cos it's hard to get to. I keep rearrange my board and can't get it right.
Then it seems your choice is made, right?