Stu's Pedal Building Adventures...

Stu_T

@Stu_T

no worries - i was unknowingly outside your office yesterday afternoon :)

the haribo has been donated to colleagues, have to get home at 5 and plug it in!!

does using 18V increase the headroom?
It does a little, I use mine on 18v. I just like it I have a friend that likes 12v. HAve a play and see whaty works with you in your rig that's the best thing about pedals there is no right and wrong. I haven't tested above 18V though. In theory all the parts are rated for 50-100v but please don't test it lol

Stu_T

This an idea i've implemented in my fuzz alreay, it's a pickup simulator to stop fuzzes being so fussy.

This is a prototype for a gentleman in San Francisco, the 2 switches are for single/humbucker and Short/long/no cable.

Pickup
by GuitarStu, on Flickr

Last edited:

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
This an idea i've implemented in my fuzz alreay, it's a pickup simulator to stop fuzzes being so fussy.

This is a prototype for a gentleman in San Francisco, the 2 switches are for single/humbucker and Short/long/no cable.
Somehow, I knew I would see an inductor. ;)

Stu_T

@Stu_T

this thing is awesome. seriously - has a great "rock box" tone in the middle, becoming increasingly fuzzy and ART-y as you increase the gain. and the tone circuit is a tone circuit, which is a nice change form the RAT filter

brilliant job dude!! ;)
Glad you got it safe and sound! I made a few small touches to the tone after the first batch went out as initial comments were that there could be a better more usable sweep. Let me know how you get on with it :)

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
@Stu_T

my first impression was "WOW!" ;)

then...

the middle position for Gain and Tone actually works - its a full, loud and aggressive "marshall" style gain. the volume needs to be @ 2 o'clock for unity, but that is what it is - perfectly normal

it works well with the other effects, and when boosted by the Klone its HUGE

i love the fuzzy RAT-isms, though i would only use that occasionally as the MArshall-y sound is so very, very good

i think i need to make a sig pedal with you :)

Stu_T

@Stu_T

my first impression was "WOW!" ;)

then...

the middle position for Gain and Tone actually works - its a full, loud and aggressive "marshall" style gain. the volume needs to be @ 2 o'clock for unity, but that is what it is - perfectly normal

it works well with the other effects, and when boosted by the Klone its HUGE

i love the fuzzy RAT-isms, though i would only use that occasionally as the MArshall-y sound is so very, very good

i think i need to make a sig pedal with you :)
Well I actually agree with you that it has a Marshall sound. One think I was thinking about for me personally was to take the first stage of the the rat and change the clipping to LED's like in the silver jubilee. then remove the tone stack and replace it with a Marshall one! I think it would be a good take on the old MIAB pedal.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
@Stu_T

i have a RAT - its in bits at the mo - and the thing that makes it unique is the thing that makes it least usable; the filter control

your tone pot makes hitting the sweetspot that bit easier, making it a more usable pedal

i have loaned a mate my Plimsoul, and i am not missing it at the moment ;)

Tetanus

Stu_T !
Is there any chance to give me some advice about making some minor mods on a certain pedal circuit?
I know it's a bit of a pain and could waste your time.... but some opinions/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk