Stickers!

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Hey Wade dude, just seen this thread and while doing the whole JDM car sticker thing is not something I would do to either of my guitars, it does look the dogs bollocks on your guitar dude.

I really love what you did to the fretboard and it's really come up looking really, really, really nice.

Also I noticed you had what looks like a white Les Paul Custom in your guitar rack?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Hey Wade dude, just seen this thread and while doing the whole JDM car sticker thing is not something I would do to either of my guitars, it does look the dogs bollocks on your guitar dude.

I really love what you did to the fretboard and it's really come up looking really, really, really nice.

Also I noticed you had what looks like a white Les Paul Custom in your guitar rack?
Thanks man, I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I've really been enjoying playing it. Learning to do fret jobs, rolling fretboards etc has been a very rewarding experience.

The white guitar is a Tokai Love Rock, it's Kerry's. It's signed on the back by James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire of The Manic Street Preachers. It's a nice guitar and a heafty beast!

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Thanks man, I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I've really been enjoying playing it. Learning to do fret jobs, rolling fretboards etc has been a very rewarding experience.

The white guitar is a Tokai Love Rock, it's Kerry's. It's signed on the back by James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire of The Manic Street Preachers. It's a nice guitar and a heafty beast!
I think you've done an excellent job with the fretwork and the shaping of the board. The colour is really nice of the material, is it actual Ebony or is it a rosewood board?

Could you possibly upload a few photos of Kerry's guitar please Gronw? I know Scott @Lone Star use to own one and he's always sung it's praises to me when we've been chatting from time to time. I will admit I am curious to see how one feels and plays compared to my own "classic" custom, as mine now feels and sounds just like the £3300 full blown LP Custom I was very close to buying last autumn.

I just got it back today from a guitar tech I used for the first time this weekend. He did a full setup once he had finished correcting the pickup install, I so badly messed up. I had honestly forgotten, just how much of a tonal difference there is, between my old "Classic '57s" and the 490/498 I replaced them with. Really makes my Silver Jubilee come alive in such a different way. I'm glad I went for them, rather than just getting a gold set of the '57s.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I think you've done an excellent job with the fretwork and the shaping of the board. The colour is really nice of the material, is it actual Ebony or is it a rosewood board?

Could you possibly upload a few photos of Kerry's guitar please Gronw? I know Scott @Lone Star use to own one and he's always sung it's praises to me when we've been chatting from time to time. I will admit I am curious to see how one feels and plays compared to my own "classic" custom, as mine now feels and sounds just like the £3300 full blown LP Custom I was very close to buying last autumn.

I just got it back today from a guitar tech I used for the first time this weekend. He did a full setup once he had finished correcting the pickup install, I so badly messed up. I had honestly forgotten, just how much of a tonal difference there is, between my old "Classic '57s" and the 490/498 I replaced them with. Really makes my Silver Jubilee come alive in such a different way. I'm glad I went for them, rather than just getting a gold set of the '57s.
I'll take some pics in a bit for you.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Unless you know what to look for, there are only a few subtle difference between this and an actual Epiphone/Gibson LP Custom. Most of which can be swapped for genuine Gibson parts and it would be a damn good alternative at a fraction of the price and best of all, it's not a counterfeit Chibson.

Where were the guitars built?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Unless you know what to look for, there are only a few subtle difference between this and an actual Epiphone/Gibson LP Custom. Most of which can be swapped for genuine Gibson parts and it would be a damn good alternative at a fraction of the price and best of all, it's not a counterfeit Chibson.

Where were the guitars built?
This one is Chinese. She has Korean and Japanese ones too. If you ask me they are all equally good, I really do like the Love Rocks, we're always keeping an eye out for them.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

I picked this guitar up the other day and was reminded how great it plays, the neck has a unique shape that I really enjoy. I haven't been playing it because the glow in the dark fret marker stickers I put on it feel sharp to the touch and are uncomfortable so I thought about taking them off which started me thinking. Is it time for an overhaul?

The stickers are cool but I'm kinda tired of the look and I have a Bare Knuckle pickup just sat on the shelf that's never been in any of my guitars. The finish is a see through black but I've had my fill of black guitars so what should I do with it? I've had a few thoughts but I though I'd ask you lot.

I've considered an artic white relic paint job as a possibility but it's early days, I'm not in any rush to decide.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

I picked this guitar up the other day and was reminded how great it plays, the neck has a unique shape that I really enjoy. I haven't been playing it because the glow in the dark fret marker stickers I put on it feel sharp to the touch and are uncomfortable so I thought about taking them off which started me thinking. Is it time for an overhaul?

The stickers are cool but I'm kinda tired of the look and I have a Bare Knuckle pickup just sat on the shelf that's never been in any of my guitars. The finish is a see through black but I've had my fill of black guitars so what should I do with it? I've had a few thoughts but I though I'd ask you lot.

I've considered an artic white relic paint job as a possibility but it's early days, I'm not in any rush to decide.
Have fun with it Gronw!
I do enjoy a project and this could be a really cool one...
:)