Starting new

I know all the basic home chords, barre chords and some 7th chords. I know the basic scales (major, minor, pentatonic and blues) and I can play some rhythm and very, very basic lead (as in Smells Like Teen Spirit solo basic). How can I learn blues rhythm (and onwards)? I want to eventually play like SRV, Hendrix and Clapton or at least be influenced by them (I love their styles).

Also, what are the advanced tips&tricks in choosing a guitar for myself? I've read several guides like this one https://primesound.org/best-electric-guitar-for-blues/ and it helped to learn basics, but I'm sure there're many things that come with experience.

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
I know all the basic home chords, barre chords and some 7th chords. I know the basic scales (major, minor, pentatonic and blues) and I can play some rhythm and very, very basic lead (as in Smells Like Teen Spirit solo basic). How can I learn blues rhythm (and onwards)? I want to eventually play like SRV, Hendrix and Clapton or at least be influenced by them (I love their styles).

Also, what are the advanced tips&tricks in choosing a guitar for myself? I've read several guides like this one https://primesound.org/best-electric-guitar-for-blues/ and it helped to learn basics, but I'm sure there're many things that come with experience.
Hey Josh, welcome to the forum!

The short and easy answer that will get you to where you want to be quickest, is "get some lessons with a blues teacher". Otherwise your next step for self-study would to be to study the music of those musicians, each of which have a unique approach from one another, and try and see how they use the tools that you've already acquired, so that you can use these tricks to develop your own repertoire.

Those 3 guitarists all use strats. There are some real (and friendly!) gear experts on this forum, head over to the Gear section and get involved :)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Honestly, the best way to learn is from others, be it from a teacher, bandmates, jam buddies or musicians you look up to. I learned the most playing in bands with skilled musicians. Of course, with the pandemic there's no band for me now as everything is on hold. I've been studying Devin Townsend's work. I've been a huge fan for years, but only now started to really study what he does. You just start by learning the songs and you will start noticing patterns in how they are built up.

ed lespaul

As far as getting a new guitar, depending on your price point, the options will differ. What is your price level?

I created a web app that shows most of the known scales all over the fretboard. http://lespauled.com/FindNotesOnFretboard/Home/FindNotesOnFretboard

You can also use it to find inversions of chords, which will give you different voicings of common chords. It may seem daunting at first, but when you look at it, you be able to see the notes of a chord in different locations on the neck.