Single player v online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Wade Garrett, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I thought they had reworked them all, like they did with the PS3/XB360 version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo? I know they have done sprite work again, so they don't look odd on larger wide screen 4K TV's like mine.

2. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”

No, the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection uses US arcade ROMs with an emulator. It has been developed my the same company which made the Mega Man Legacy Collections, which is not the same company which made the rather ugly Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Felix likes this.
  3. mirage2101

mirage2101 Well-Known Member

one of these days I'll get an arcade cabinet with a mame emulator..
    I'll just have to break all the laws of nature and fracture time.

Robstafarian and Felix like this.
  4. Robstafarian

You might want to consider Fightcade.

Felix likes this.
  5. mirage2101

I didn't think it was too much of a twitch reflex game. And I'm not especially good at fps games or pvp in general.

I used to have a working mame emulator on my pc with a bunch of games but eh.. It's different. There are a few arcades and a pinball museum popping up around here that I'll go to.
    In the end it's a lot more fun playing with and against other people. And figuring games out together

Felix and Robstafarian like this.
  6. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

So very true Mirage dude.

7. mirage2101

Actually that cuts back nicely so single player vs online.

Standing with 4 guys around a pinball machine figuring out how the #!#!@ to get that one mode lit is great fun. Getting beat on the highscore by another person pushes me on.
    getting shot at by 14 year old kids that I could only match if I was on coke isn't fun.

@ssinine and Felix like this.
  8. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

It's why I won't bother with games like Fortnight , Overwatch and Pub-G. I've just tried to play Skyrim again as I found out it had a 3rd person mode. How this game has such a big following it beyond me. I think it's really subpar compared to the Witcher 3.

9. Robstafarian

Skyrim predates The Witcher 3.

10. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

Yes I am aware of that. But still I am surprised it still had really clunky controls and UI even on the PS4 special edition. I just goes to show how much of a quantum leap The Witcher 3 is for RPG's.

Robstafarian likes this.
  11. mirage2101

I haven't played the witcher.
    Skyrim's control scheme threw me off at the start too. especially the sword mechanics sucked.
    But once I got the hang of it I cleaned out that game.
    By the time I got to the final boss I was strong enough to kill it with one lightning bolt :)

Maybe I should give the witcher a shot.. It just never really appealed to me.

Robstafarian and Felix like this.
  12. Robstafarian

The Witcher 3 is an amazing work; however, I feel that I should mention a few things:
    1. Though it is much less awkward than the first two Witcher games, it has a very similar internal structure; hence, it would be good to familiarize yourself with the way the earlier games flowed from event to event—understanding that rhythm is key to making useful save files.
    2. If you buy the game of the year edition, then be sure to disable the DLC when you make a new game: otherwise, the world will be full of high-level quests which can lead to walking up on an enemy that is dozens of levels higher than your character.
    3. Groups of enemies really do fight as groups, and they use the nearby terrain to their advantage. Though the combat is not like Dark Souls, unless you intentionally start fights with enemies above your level, you will definitely need to train your footwork and situational awareness.
    4. Unlike Skyrim, dragons in The Witcher 3 are not even remotely nerfed.

mirage2101 likes this.
  13. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

With the DLC on, it only shows you the starting quests for the DLC and warns of their level recommendation.

14. Soap Distant

Soap Distant The Big Kahuna (again!)

I know this is a bit of a necro thread, but I was browsing the game forum and noticed this post.

I stopped playing GTA5 for similar reasons, but recently a friend and I have been playing online a lot using Safekeeper.

Basically, this allows you to kick all unknown players from an online session, then enable a whitelist to stop anyone joining. Essentially, you're playing on a private server. All you need to do is add your friends IP address in the app, have them join your session, select kick unknowns, then enable whitelist. You can do any and all VIP missions etc, and the advantage of having one or more friends in session is that you can do car delivery missions with no NPC opposition, as it assumes the other player(s) will try to stop you.

Just get on Discord with your mates and have fen (and watch the cash roll in).

PC only, obviously.

I've uploaded it to http://www.thebigkahuna.co.uk/safekeeper.zip

15. Chili Hobbes

Chili Hobbes So much time, and so little to do.

Also too late to be any use I guess, but on PS4 you can change your connection settings to make sure nobody can join your session. From what I understand you're essentially making yourself too unstable/strict to allow any company, but I've never lost connection and never had anyone join so it allows you to do business stuff.

Though with all 3 of my boys now on PS4s, I just unleash them psychos on an unsuspecting public these days.

Felix, Wade Garrett and Rick like this.
  16. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

I used to block people from butting in on my Watch Dog sessions, it got very annoying. I did engage a few times though, a rocket launcher usually sorted things out! :D

Felix likes this.
  17. Felix

Felix Addicted to Grunge

I've been able to do much more gaming recently, thanks to be trying to build up stamina for sitting on a chair.

WoW has been what has taken the biggest chunk of my time, however I got access to my Diablo 3 account on PC. I have been leveling up a Necromancer, which was added in one of the DLC expansions I installed. I have been playing D3 on my PS4 for a couple of years. When I went over to a PS4-Pro and my LED LG 43" TV, I went through as a Warrior enjoying the 4k "high detail" .

I was amazed at how much more detail the game has with the PC version, with everything maxed out in 4k mode. While I've been a PC gamer for decades, I have never really gone as far, to be the PC master race thing. The PS4-Pro does really well, but I have been stunned at the little extra touches that give such an impact when sat close to the screen.

I've also gone through my Steam library and have been playing a pretty oldish game from about 2010 called "Tom Clancy - H.A.W.X 2" . I played the first game loads on my old PS3, as I love flight sim/combat games. With all the new hardware that I've been getting, I am able to play the game balls to the wall and still have that magical 60fps locked in.

I'm looking forward to getting "Ace Combat 7 - Skies Unknown" as it is the first version for the current generation console, but the big feature is the game is totally VR enabled! I am wanting to get a VR headset eventually, but it's on a long list of many things I need/want to get.

I also play a free to play game called "War Thunder" , which you can get on PC or Ps4. It's an air/ground combat game focused around from the 1930's to the 1960's. It's one of the few "Free to Play" games where you're not really hindered by using a free account.

Finally for flight sim stuff, I have been watching videos for a much more impressive game known as "Digital Combat Simulator" . You can fly modern jets , helicopters or miltary equipment and there is so much detail that you can full immerse yourself into the game. This too supports VR and is on a whole new level of game play.

Because of my limited desktop area, I had to unclamp my Thrustmaster T300RS wheel. I am really tempted to try Forza out on the PC, as it's got a better fleshed out offline racing experience, when compared to GT-Sport. The online racing with ANY Forza game, be it a numbered release or Forza Horizion, it just becomes a ram fest. GT-Sport (once you get into the higher rated "Sportsman Rating" races, if by far the most decent outside of joining up with iRacing).