Show me your pc rigs !!! Thread

Discussion in 'Geeks Unite' started by sparrowsblade, Jun 24, 2017.

1. sparrowsblade

sparrowsblade New Image New Perspective

Hey guys,

James here let me see your rigs !!!

Here's Mine I call it Hugh due to my late Grandad
    20170624_225523.jpg 20170624_225621.jpg 20170624_225637.jpg 20170624_230040.jpg

Sorry if this thread already exists haha I can be an idiot sometimes

Specs -
    specs.jpg specs 2.jpg

Thanks for being an awesome family !!! love the bones off the lot of you haha

2. everfreetree

everfreetree I... I like trees.

Section 10-iC of 'Muricaland. (Tennessee)
    Does this count..?
    [​IMG]

^ My uh... "Very professional" temporary setup for digital drawing, while in my current quarters.

How about this. Any better?
    [​IMG]

^ My previous setup, before moving.

And here is the actual case, which is currently sitting on an Anheuser-Busch crate in the middle-ish of the floor, and is hooked to a TV, with my only chair being a bed.
    Exciting, I know.

[​IMG]

My gaming rig has kinda died, for now, heh.

- Specs - (not nearly as impressive or interesting as yours, really)
    - Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
    - MoBo: MSI 990FXA-GD65V2
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition (Deneb)
    - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB (3 x 4GB) 1600
    - GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 (1GB 128bit GDDR5)
    - PSU: Corsair CX500
    - Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013(? I think)
    - Keyboard: An aging, slowly dying Razer Lycosa (Nice keyboard. Slightly buggy after a while. Wearing down finally. Still refuses to die)

3. Brandon Adams

Brandon Adams You've got red on you.

YouTube Channel:
    BrandonAdamsMusic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not really happy with the motherboard, CPU, Ram, Case, and PSU. Will be updated probably next year. Not really thinking about replacing the 980ti yet though
    (The mac keyboard is only there to wake the iMac, I'm running synergy to use the Cooler Master master key Pro S and G502 for both) Really need to haul it apart for a good cleaning sometime soon. Looking to add 3 things to it. Zowie Comade Mouse bungee, Final Mouse ScreaM One, Hyper X Cloud II headset, and a Asus PG258Q monitor (240 refresh rate, G-sync, 24.5" TN, 1ms response time panel). Would like to get a monitor arm to be able to move both the Ultrawide and the Asus monitor around to have whichever one I'm using centered like the LG is now, just move them around (Ultrawide to the left behind the mac and the Asus to the right.)

Specs:
    PC
    -i5 6500 (With stock shit cooler, only hits 60C at max under Aida64, so I lucked out and nothing extra really needed, also looking to change the CPU)
    -16gb of DDR3
    -G1 Gaming 980ti from Gigabyte
    -600b PSU from EVGA
    -Corsair 350D case
    -WD Blue 3tb hard Drive & a 120gb 850 EVO SSD from Samsung
    -LG 29UC88-B
    -Steel Series QCK XXL
    -Logitech G502
    -Cooler Master Master Key Pro S With Cherry Browns (Also have a CM Storm quickfire TK with Cherry blues)
    -Logitech C920 and Blue Snowball for streaming
    -Netduma Router

iMac
    -it's a shitty iMac that only gets used for logic and twitch. Literally nothing else, but it mainly plays twitch 24/7. Don't buy one. Overpriced and actually do slow down if you use them for more than one purpose, impossible to upgrade (effectively)

Bose Speakers. I hate them, but don't have the room on my desk to get the monitors I'd like to have, trying to work around that to make it happen.

PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox one S.

Internet speed is 308 Mbps down and 112 Mbps up

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    sparrowsblade and everfreetree like this.
  4. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufustarian” Staff Member

:eek:

I had no idea that such a connection was available in Newfoundland.

sparrowsblade and everfreetree like this.
  5. Brandon Adams

YouTube Channel:
    BrandonAdamsMusic
    Bell Fibre Op, fastest internet in Canada actually :)
    and I don't have the fastest tier.

Pretty much only on the east coast of Canada to

6. DrHankWanfordSnr

DrHankWanfordSnr That's not new, its always been there.

My pc rig is pretty tame.

Lenovo all in one touchscreen pc with an added Samsung monitor. 8GB memory, 500GB SSD, 4TB HDD.
    Its connected to my hifi for sound, a projector (via a usb-vga cable) for movies, a Native Instrument Session interface (sounds in/out of the pc, and the DI output of the big Marshall attached) and a Line6 Helix (for geetar stuff, along with some amp/fx sims). There is a graphics tablet and rollerball mouse attched too. A long usb cable connects a midi keyboard to play via NI Kontakt. Plex server runs on it for media streaming to the TVs and hifi around the house. Which is nice. A NAS storage drive is hidden behind it. Gave up having a superfast pc for gaming a long time ago.
    rig1.jpg
    an old photo

Though I miss my Satanimac (a watercooled pc in a MacG4 case)
    rig2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  7. Kahuna Nui

Kahuna Nui Active Member

3 years old now, but:

Intel Core i7 4930K -3.4 GHz -6-core -12 threads - overclocked to 5 GHz
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R --mid tower -ATX
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler
    Corsair Dominator Platinum -16 GB : 4 x 4 GB DDR3 -2133 MHz
    Corsair AX860 -Power supply
    ASUS SABERTOOTH X79 -Motherboard
    WD Black 1TB 7200 rpm
    Corsair Force Series LS 120GB SSD
    Just added another 500GB SSD for a bit extra space for games, Photoshop, guitar modelling s/w, 3D software etc

Also recently added an ASUS Strix series GTX950 video card - was going to go silly, but the system will run anything on ultra settings

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

everfreetree and sparrowsblade like this.
  8. DrKarnivore

DrKarnivore Browsing your web and SMS history Staff Member

IMG_0420.JPG

Intel Experimental Quadrium 2 processor with 128GB of non-volatile RAM and a disk-on-chip 2TB instant access disk (also with non-volatile buffer).

9. Kahuna Nui

Kahuna Nui Active Member

Not a Raspberry Pi then?

everfreetree and JimothyBeed like this.
  10. DrKarnivore

Shit, busted.

Although I'm am working with an analytic in-memory database at the moment that is using beta versions of very new non-volatile RAM.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    everfreetree and Robstafarian like this.
  11. DrHankWanfordSnr

Pi are cool ! I've got one running as a Plex client attached to my office projector. Its 'the bomb'

Robstafarian likes this.
  12. DrKarnivore

Mines currently running HMRC`s rebate system.

13. Magnus Pym

Magnus Pym Grudges rot the soul

Does this count? I just use my ordinary laptop (trusty Lenovo T410, Core i5) with Scarlett 2i2 and Cubase AI6. I Also plug the USB from my Yamaha TH10c sometimes. It's not fancy but it works.
    PC_rig.jpg

14. everfreetree

everfreetree I... I like trees.

Section 10-iC of 'Muricaland. (Tennessee)
    After all this Raspberry Pi talk, I've now got this strange and disturbing plan in my head, for doing a wee Raspberry Pi build in an effects pedal box.
    Nothing quite like waking up and stomping your PC on in the morning to check the weather.
    At the very least, it could be used for basic video playback on a non-smart TV, networked to my actual PC (or a network drive), so it wouldn't need much storage or anything (outside of the OS and such on a memory card. Or perhaps I could fit a laptop HDD or a SSD in a double pedal enclosure... hmm).

15. Magnus Pym

Magnus Pym Grudges rot the soul

Could you set it up to trigger both the video and DAW from a single footswitch for recording jams?

16. DrHankWanfordSnr

RasPlex is exactly what you are describing, it works a flipping treat as a media client of the Plex local steraming software, and is free. Also does iplayer. just needs a 4 gig sd card, network connection, a keyboard for the initial setup, and after that you control it from your phone.

2017-07-31 20.05.42.jpg [Edit - pics - its powered from the TVs usb port so boots as soon as its switched on, play Chic whenever I feel like watching Nile Rodgers] 2017-07-31 20.09.00.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  17. Brandon Adams

YouTube Channel:
    BrandonAdamsMusic
    My man... The ideas you just gave me. Display mounted into a 1960b or 1930 cab with a dummy plexi on top with a power bar wired so the on switch is the mains power. Add a pedal train nano board with you idea of these tiny PCs' mounted in effects pedals. Probably something a bit more powerful like a intel nuc. Made to look like Boss pedals and have them all run separate programs. One to access a media NAS, another running Chrome OS for web browsing, another used as a steam link for gaming off a real machine, and a 4th for whatever else you could need. Just add custom colours and text for each pedal and it's use.

I would never ever do it. But it'd be fucking bad ass!

Recently added a 144hz Asus (VG248QE) and needed to find a way to quickly hot swap monitors. Once again. Velcro solves all of mans problems.
    [​IMG]
    Copy paste the idea for another HDMI, 2 power cables, and a diaplay port. It's not close to what my plan is of, 2 monitor arms and simply move the monitor I need to use to the front of my vision and get the other out of the way. But it is a free way, and if I can switch fast enough that it's bearable, I'll leave it at this.