Setting up Guitarix into Ardour

Discussion in 'Geeks Unite' started by Oldmac, Jul 16, 2017 at 1:25 AM.

1. Oldmac

Oldmac New Member

Hi fellas, I was wondering if someone could please send me an image of their Guitarix GUI into Ardour setup so I could use it to get an idea on how to set mine up? Claudia and Catia ( or something like that ) have a "Save Image" function but the files are fairly large. If you Private message me I will send you my email. [​IMG] Thanks.

2. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufustarian” Staff Member

What have you tried, and what problem(s) are you experiencing?

3. Oldmac

Oldmac New Member

I used the Libre Music Production website on the "Ultimate guide to getting started with Guitarix". Down the bottom of the page there is an image "As an insert in your DAW". That is the setup I want. I cant work out where the six cables at the top of the image are leading to. As a result, Im not getting any metronome amongst other things through my head phones. Here is the pics that Iam looking at. The bottom pic is my setup.

Guitarix as insert small.png

Catia.png

Attached Files:

4. Robstafarian

The six “cables” in the top image connect to the System Playback channels, as they are connected to Ardour’s audio outputs. Looking at the bottom image, I can see that you will probably want to make your insert track stereo.

By the way, you do not need the PulseAudio JACK bridge unless you want send audio to, or receive audio from, a program which uses PulseAudio (e.g. Skype, Steam, or Firefox).

5. Oldmac

Oldmac New Member

Gee thanks heaps Rob. Could you also tell me how to connect a second guitar track? Would I need a second instance of Guitarix to play through?

6. Robstafarian

Connecting a second guitar track would be done in much the same way. You would need a second instance of Guitarix, as Guitarix’s amp simulation is mono, but only if you want to record both amp simulations live (e.g. mimicking a dual-mono rig).