Scott Grove.........

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Saw that :D ...he "educates"...well he should get some education himself, without the french the USA would be british now;)
I was taught the American war of independence had a large component of ongoing European wars by proxy. It started with the King try to raise funds for increasing expensive wars in Europe. At the beginning the British were spread too thin. In the middle there were too many enemies and too many fronts. In the end all the European powers were were skint and the American states had become united, organised and large. Everybody could see what was going to happen and, unusually, submitted to good sense. A peace was negotiated and everybody was happy except the Native Americans, who lost everything, and the French peasants, who revolted.

Perhaps Scott means he is hoping Lâg will pitch in.

flawlessandeternal

Double OG with a Skeleton Key
Scott Grove is a grade A cunt. He takes guitars he doesn't even like out of the hands of real musicians who'd put them to good use (not literally of course) purely for selling them on later for profit. Plus all these petty, school boy threats just because Rob has a different opinion to him? His ego is more bloated than his fucking stomach and his so goddamn patronising and condescending even the slightest whisper of truth that comes out of his mouth is rendered completely invalid. I'm honestly being tired of being called a dumb motherfucker by some slack jawed yokel who's greatest achievement in life was surviving a fucking stroke. Can we just please stop posting about this asshole? Please? Please?

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
I can´t imagen that he will get any backup when he really trys to take Rob head on!
I have avoided posting a message like this in this thread, but since the subject has been raised again...

Please, everyone, do not comment on any possible physical altercation involving Scott Grove—especially any scenario involving Chappers and the NAMM Show. Any altercation at the NAMM Show, even if it is only verbal, could have very serious consequences concerning (at least): Rob's NAMM credentials, Lee's NAMM credentials, Rob's travel status, and Lee's travel status—as well as the safety and activities of everyone attending the NAMM Show (i.e. with such constrained traffic flow, even a small zone of rapid egress [e.g. people vacating the area around Scott Grove and Chappers] could lead to numerous injuries).

The statements Scott Grove has made regarding his potential interaction with Chappers at the NAMM Show are examples of his unbelievably low character, even if that "character" is literally a false persona used for promotional purposes: let us not lower ourselves to such antics.

TL;DR We are talking about grown men in real life, not children at a theoretical playground: please have some perspective.

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
I have avoided posting a message like this in this thread, but since the subject has been raised again...

Please, everyone, do not comment on any possible physical altercation involving Scott Grove—especially any scenario involving Chappers and the NAMM Show. Any altercation at the NAMM Show, even if it is only verbal, could have very serious consequences concerning (at least): Rob's NAMM credentials, Lee's NAMM credentials, Rob's travel status, and Lee's travel status—as well as the safety and activities of everyone attending the NAMM Show (i.e. with such constrained traffic flow, even a small zone of rapid egress [e.g. people vacating the area around Scott Grove and Chappers] could lead to numerous injuries).

The statements Scott Grove has made regarding his potential interaction with Chappers at the NAMM Show are examples of his unbelievably low character, even if that "character" is literally a false persona used for promotional purposes: let us not lower ourselves to such antics.

TL;DR We are talking about grown men in real life, not children at a theoretical playground: please have some perspective.
Wow. I'm glad you're here to tell us these things :)

A.J.

80's Guitar FTW
Never heard of the guy, never watched any of his videos, don't intend to any time soon. The things that Rob has posted show this guy to be very immature. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen at NAMM, I bet he won't even turn up at NAMM.

I'm wondering what the NSA are making of his comments right now... :)

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
Never heard of the guy, never watched any of his videos, don't intend to any time soon. The things that Rob has posted show this guy to be very immature. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen at NAMM, I bet he won't even turn up at NAMM.

I'm wondering what the NSA are making of his comments right now... :)
We've got global terrorism and cross continental crime to deal with first.... ;)

cat-the-odd

On the other side of your screen
He's just a shock jock of the internet. He earns his money from people wanting to respond to shit-talk. He's noticed that Rob gets a lot hits, far more than he does himself. So he follows the shock jock route; find something popular, say something controversial and wait for the money to come in. The bigger the shitstorm the more money. A punch up at NAMM would probably get him a book deal. If you are thick skinned and don't mind saying things you don't believe in and don't mind if people think you are a dick and are willing to take a punch or two then it's a living. There are only two ways he doesn't win. 1) if people ignore him or 2) he raises the ire of somebody mental enough to actually try to kill him.

I'm going for method 1. it's much easiest
I second that with a qoute. I took the freedom to put important statements red:
groovydjs

1 day ago

+maninarush2112 Nope, he won't block anyone. It's all about the numbers. A subscriber is a subscriber, it's ONE MORE. That is the most IMPORTANT thing.....NUMBERS. They aren't quality numbers. Most are 12 year old gamers that still whack off into a tube sock and will never be able to afford even one of HIS guitars....but....they may be awkward enough to accidentally hit the screen during one of the 5 advertisements placed throughout each video and Rob collects a fraction of a penny (or whatever denomination they use over there) and it fills his tip jar. The publicity I've generated by posting on this thread has been great for Rob and myself. I too make money from the hits and the publicity. I revel in the negative publicity. It creates a ballance. He gets more money via the click through ads and I get more money from the GROWN UP people who have money to spend on my lessons. My clients are generally the outlaws of society who get sick of suck ups. I go out there and hunt them down, show them the way to my site and I'm a lot more appealing to them than the GOOD GUY teachers like Marty and The French Dude. It gives them a choice. According to my numbers at the bank.....my marketing works very well. It's all a game (on both sides of this fence) and we all play it well......just differently. Either way, we all get paid because we BOTH offer services and we BOTH know how to manipulate OUR CROWDS to our individual products. Nobody loses via these methods. You get good, affordable guitars through these guys, you get good, affordable lessons through me. It simply is the world we live in. I'm not a dick in real life, but it works to my advantage in business situations. I am like the Howard Stern of the music lesson business. This kind of crap sells. There is a NEED for it.
Cheers.

Show less
Alas: Don't feed the trolls.

Krysalan

Wise words indeed from Robstafarian, regardless of whether SG does this just to generate publicity or not, one whiff of trouble and I've no doubt that he would be rubbing his hands in glee at Rob and Lee and the guys being placed on some sort of no fly list etc.

Nick

I am actually embarrassed to see this pantomime escalating amongst "fans" of both camps. Any concern for the well-being of either party - whilst a testament to the trust and good intent that people can put into others whom they have never actually met - is misplaced. It is YouTube celebrity behaviour at its most shameful, and sets the most disgusting example possible to those following on social media.

DrJazztap

When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure they aren't doing the same.

With SG, he clearly thrives off of controversy and refuses any other opinions which aren't similar to his. So the only course of action is to ignore him, walk away and move on! No cowardice involved at all, he hasn't "won". The longer this nonsense goes on, it's only going to get worse. Everybody knows SG results to homophobic slurs and insults, that alone should be cause enough to not give him oxygen of existence. Let youtube and the powers that be, sort him out. I joked that we should send Sted to namm with Rob, jokingly to take care of Scot. But the fact everybody is still talking about him, means he's still winning in my book. In hindsight I wish I hadn't made the comment about Sted going to namm with Rob, I should be above all this. I was just offended by his gay bashing slurs.
I think it's all getting a bit petty now, effectively Rob has now summoned his Facebook minions. Some of which have talked about posting dog shit to Scot, maybe it's not the right address though eh? I think Rob needs to block Scot learn the lesson and move on. We all know SGs behaviour and how quickly he flares up (blocks users and deletes comments etc), he wont drop this now. Everytime somebody interacts with him, you engage him for another 2 weeks. If you ignore him he will move on. You're not giving him what he wants, which is attention.
Again no cowardice or anything like that, just life's too short.

And its nearly christmas

sted

Darth Sted
Staff member
I like the part when he said Phil X had never heard of Rob, despite, y'know, the two tours they did together....

He is just playing the game, he's the yin to Chappers yang, I don't mind really, it's entertaining and people take it far too seriously, I might even go and have a play with him on his channel, send him a picture of my ball sack or something, see if he can get a tone out of that.

ThomasIV

sun's out, puns out
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure they aren't doing the same.

With SG, he clearly thrives off of controversy and refuses any other opinions which aren't similar to his. So the only course of action is to ignore him, walk away and move on! No cowardice involved at all, he hasn't "won". The longer this nonsense goes on, it's only going to get worse. Everybody knows SG results to homophobic slurs and insults, that alone should be cause enough to not give him oxygen of existence. Let youtube and the powers that be, sort him out. I joked that we should send Sted to namm with Rob, jokingly to take care of Scot. But the fact everybody is still talking about him, means he's still winning in my book. In hindsight I wish I hadn't made the comment about Sted going to namm with Rob, I should be above all this. I was just offended by his gay bashing slurs.
I think it's all getting a bit petty now, effectively Rob has now summoned his Facebook minions. Some of which have talked about posting dog shit to Scot, maybe it's not the right address though eh? I think Rob needs to block Scot learn the lesson and move on. We all know SGs behaviour and how quickly he flares up (blocks users and deletes comments etc), he wont drop this now. Everytime somebody interacts with him, you engage him for another 2 weeks. If you ignore him he will move on. You're not giving him what he wants, which is attention.
Again no cowardice or anything like that, just life's too short.

And its nearly christmas
Agreed!

NO ATTENTION FOR TROLL SCUM.

Ben Messenger

I might even go and have a play with him on his channel, send him a picture of my ball sack or something, see if he can get a tone out of that.
Shaved or waxed? Surely one would sound different to the other? I'd expect the shaved bollock to have a grittier, ever-so-slightly overdriven AC30 kind of tone, whereas the waxed bollock would be smooth and glassy, much like the middle pickup on a Strat through a clean Fender amp. Of course you'd have to A/B both balls to get a true comparison.