@Robstafarian appreciation thread.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Thursdays I get my stronger spinal meds, I will talk to him on Skype. When we last spoke in Oct/Nov I know he was hurt and upset, he may have calmed down a bit. I will ask him if he can come on this thread at least so people know he's ok.

Would that be acceptable with people?

Tetanus

Thursdays I get my stronger spinal meds, I will talk to him on Skype. When we last spoke in Oct/Nov I know he was hurt and upset, he may have calmed down a bit. I will ask him if he can come on this thread at least so people know he's ok.

Would that be acceptable with people?
???
WTF has happened ?
What is the story behind his disappearance?

of course we want him back.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I've been chatting with Roberto about things, he's given me the ok to give you an update.

He's doing ok, he does not feel comfortable to post on the forums right now. Given more time, he has said he might do some posts next year, as he is working on a few things, that I think are pretty awesome. It is not my place to talk about what they are, but I think it's pretty cool.

I like the rest of you, hope one day he feels comfortable enough to come back on the forums, but right now, let sleeping dogs lie (rest)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I've been chatting with Roberto about things, he's given me the ok to give you an update.

He's doing ok, he does not feel comfortable to post on the forums right now. Given more time, he has said he might do some posts next year, as he is working on a few things, that I think are pretty awesome. It is not my place to talk about what they are, but I think it's pretty cool.

I like the rest of you, hope one day he feels comfortable enough to come back on the forums, but right now, let sleeping dogs lie (rest)
That's good to hear. Could you give him my best, next time you speak to him?

ADK

Number of lost picks (2019 Season) = 1
Here's a question for Rob when he comes back. If he could go back in a time machine and rescue one epic musician from their un-timely demise, who would it be? Obviously the right answer is Kurt Kobain or Jimi Hendrix..........

Here's a question for Rob when he comes back. If he could go back in a time machine and rescue one epic musician from their un-timely demise, who would it be? Obviously the right answer is Kurt Kobain or Jimi Hendrix..........
Personally I’d like to see what Bob Marley would’ve turned out to be, in a society-influence-sense. I’m no balls-deep reggae nut, nor a hippie/Mary-Jane-freak, but seeing documentaries and stuff of him never ceases to amaze me about his person.

mirage2101

Jim Morrison would like a word.

Chu

Well, for me it might be Freddie Mercury. But I've read enough to make me think that his passing was one of significant importance in bringing AIDS awareness to the masses, greatly assisting in the prevention and treatment. It's hard to believe now how little interest there was in the mid 80s for a disease for 'gays and junkies'.

Well that got dark quickly! BALLS!!

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
But I've read enough to make me think that his passing was one of significant importance in bringing AIDS awareness to the masses,

Not sure of your age, but old codgers like me remember this kind of thing on mainstream TV in the mid 80s, a long time before Freddie passed on. AIDS picked up societal level paranoia after the cold war thawed.

About the same time, you'd see

Last edited:

Chu

Not sure of your age, but old codgers like me remember this kind of thing on mainstream TV in the mid 80s, a long time before Freddie passed on. AIDS picked up societal level paranoia after the cold war thawed.

About the same time, you'd see

I remember them quite well! I read a biography a couple of years ago about Freddie, it featured a lot about the history and timeline of AIDS. I can't summarise it accurately but it left me with the distinct impression that his death was a massive turning point in medication and tolerance of the disease.