Reverb...everb...verb...erb.

Which reverb?

• BOSS RV-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go for a Chinese copy with all the same options from eBay for thirty bucks! It's just reverb, dude.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beans & rice

Title's not quite reverb, but it's the best I could do. :p

Wanting to expand my options by adding a reverb pedal into the mix, rather than rely on the usual limited in-amp option. So I'm curious what y'all like, use, wish you still had, recommend.

The EH Oceans 11, Boss RV-6 and TC HOF2 are roughly the ballpark I'm looking at.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Title's not quite reverb, but it's the best I could do. :p

Wanting to expand my options by adding a reverb pedal into the mix, rather than rely on the usual limited in-amp option. So I'm curious what y'all like, use, wish you still had, recommend.

The EH Oceans 11, Boss RV-6 and TC HOF2 are roughly the ballpark I'm looking at.
I'm quite interested in this too. I've got my eye on the Digitech Polara at the moment.

beans & rice

I like the HOF2 but with the extra funky cool foot switch and the way I play - sitting down - I wouldn't enjoy all of the potential it offers. Not a deal breaker, but it does give me pause.

Strigidae

I like owls.
Boss FRV-1 :cool:

But of the suggested I would probably go for the Oceans 11. The HoF is great but my HoF1 is the only pedal I’ve ever had break so I’m never going to buy or recommend a TC Electronics pedal again.

Last edited:

beans & rice

Thanks so far, folks. :)

From what I've listened to, the Boss has a slight edge over the Polara in terms of what I find most pleasing, but that doesn't mean the Polara isn't great itself. Plus, bitchin' artwork. The HOF2 has the mash feature which I would probably learn to use because it was there, but the shimmer mode on the Oceans is the most appealing to my ear of all of them. Though I'm not sure how constructively I'd actually use it, versus putzing around just making ambient noise and wasting time. :D So, it's also not a major consideration.
I figure I'd be happy with any of them, or even something else, once I had it. So I'm no closer than I was before. :bounce:

GC has 2 of these nearby, but I don't know if they have any open to try. I'll have to check.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Thanks so far, folks. :)

From what I've listened to, the Boss has a slight edge over the Polara in terms of what I find most pleasing, but that doesn't mean the Polara isn't great itself. Plus, bitchin' artwork. The HOF2 has the mash feature which I would probably learn to use because it was there, but the shimmer mode on the Oceans is the most appealing to my ear of all of them. Though I'm not sure how constructively I'd actually use it, versus putzing around just making ambient noise and wasting time. :D So, it's also not a major consideration.
I figure I'd be happy with any of them, or even something else, once I had it. So I'm no closer than I was before. :bounce:

GC has 2 of these nearby, but I don't know if they have any open to try. I'll have to check.
I use the Spring Reverb and Shimmer settings on my Oceans 11 more than anything, especially the Spring, and I have officially tried every reverb that every local shop has, and not found myself needing anything else, so I'm gonna go ahead and say the Oceans 11 gets my vote.
And yeah, all of 2 minutes, showing off the Shimmer mode, and I convinced a friend of mine to get one. :D
It's a strong selling point, if you'll use it, even just "putzing around" (one of my favorite pass times).

beans & rice

I use the Spring Reverb and Shimmer settings on my Oceans 11 more than anything, especially the Spring, and I have officially tried every reverb that every local shop has, and not found myself needing anything else, so I'm gonna go ahead and say the Oceans 11 gets my vote.
And yeah, all of 2 minutes, showing off the Shimmer mode, and I convinced a friend of mine to get one. :D
It's a strong selling point, if you'll use it, even just "putzing around" (one of my favorite pass times).
I guess all I actually do is putz around, come to think of it. :D

Still undecided. I've found them all for the same price, so that's not helping. There is a seller with a bunch of new Polaras on Reverb going for a hundred bucks with free shipping. The others are used but in good shape.
I almost made things more difficult on myself with the E-H Canyon as well, but eventually decided it wasn't right for me.

Last edited:

beans & rice

I went with the Polara. I'm sick and I had to buy something to feel better.* :D;) I think I'd be happy with any of the options, and I really wanted to convince myself to get the O11, but it all ended up falling in favor of the Digitech. Funny, since I hadn't looked into it originally. Plus, again, bitchin' artwork. :p
Watched/listened to as much as I could on all of them, and I also did a search here and was reminded of @ed lespaul talking about how much he likes his. And this was the only brand new in box pedal still with the best price to beat the used ones.

*however I can justify the purchase.

Thanks again for all the input. And for the additional suggestion that ended up being the final choice.