replacement tele bridge?

Stumbled across this in YouTube. Shows you what it would look like to straight swap over to a traditional style bridge on a Squier Affinity tele.
Looks pretty good IMO! And hole filling is usually easier/safer than hole drilling!
If the link doesn't work, try popping "Install Ashtray bridge in Squier Affinity Telecaster" into the YT search box.
:)
cheers S. will check it out.

lupinehorror
You could do without the fifth screw between the D and G string's saddles right? I'd still be looking for a 4-screws-in-the-corners type of bridge. Personally I have zero knowledge/experience of Telecaster bridges. I'll try to keep an eye out for stuff though ;)

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
i have toyed with the idea but 13 hour work days kind of ruin any vocational undertakings.
used to do loads of woodworking (my dad was a carpenter who worked on the queen mary when it was being built).
It's difficult to fit it all in sometimes. I don't even know if schools offer such things as woodwork night school any more. A pillar drill makes such a difference to jobs like that but is such an expense for half a dozen holes (or a dozen if you count the reverse for the ferrules).

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
It's difficult to fit it all in sometimes. I don't even know if schools offer such things as woodwork night school any more. A pillar drill makes such a difference to jobs like that but is such an expense for half a dozen holes (or a dozen if you count the reverse for the ferrules).
Benchtop drill presses, as they are known in America, can be bought for a bit more than $100 if one's requirements are not particularly taxing (this is what I forgot to include in my business budget, plus related equipment).

Benchtop drill presses, as they are known in America, can be bought for a bit more than $100 if one's requirements are not particularly taxing (this is what I forgot to include in my business budget, plus related equipment).
i've got enough tat kicking around and little space to store it in. i'd love to assemble some proper tools but it's unlikely due to financial, and physical, restraints.

nope...mine has three holes under the saddles and two above the pickup. had no idea it was an odd design.
have still to check out the vid that bad alice posted.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
My tele body looks lik tit was drilled for a few different tyes of bridge - I filled the holes in a re-drilled it. I'm hopeless with power tools too.

Take care filing your string slots on the brass saddles :) - they look super cool when fitted compared to more modern ones. I plopped a brass nut in at the same time (badly though).

bought a bridge on the bay...from china. wonder if it'll ever arrive...
it has both string through bridge and string through body options. it'll probably be sh*te if it ever turns up but considering how little i paid for it i won't be afraid of butchering it. a bit.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
bought a bridge on the bay...from china. wonder if it'll ever arrive...
it has both string through bridge and string through body options. it'll probably be sh*te if it ever turns up but considering how little i paid for it i won't be afraid of butchering it. a bit.
Could be a plus if the metal is a little on the the side (as can happen with cheaper bridges)
Makes for easier drilling...
:)