Recording with Neural DSP Plugins

Hello,

If anybody is getting pops and clicks when recording with Neural DSP, try setting the oversampling switch to Normal instead of High. This got rid of all the artifacts when recording.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
For me the problem is my processor sometimes not being able to keep up. I just need to make sure I don't have too much running at the same time. If I end all background tasks, I have no issues.

I did end up not buying the Neural stuff. I had trials for all of them, but I actually liked the ML Sound Labs Fluff plugin better.

I thought this may be the issue but I am running an 8th gen i7. Do you need an absolute monster rig for plugins? Is Mac any better than PC for plugins?

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think the general rule is Mac for Music, PC for gaming. I use a PC, because I just bought for regular everyday use and was not planning on doing music on it. You don't need a monster rig, but it helps of course.

For me it's the processor. I run an i3 and I can manage.

Chu

A mac isn't better for music.

In the old days, it was harder to get powerful PCs up to the job, so Mac were the go-to solution. Then the same with laptops. Mac tied a lot of producers in with Logic and Garageband and the myth has perpetuated that Macs are best. It all comes down to power.

Running VSTs as fast as you can is always going to be a big ask, especially once you've got a few things recorded and are playing back with VSTs inserted in a DAW.

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
What interface are you using and what buffer size do you have it set to? A small buffer will create more clicks and pops as it struggles to keep up. Though the latency may get too much if you keep increasing it. I did try the Plini one, I forget if the app has its own buffer setting you can mess with.

What interface are you using and what buffer size do you have it set to? A small buffer will create more clicks and pops as it struggles to keep up. Though the latency may get too much if you keep increasing it. I did try the Plini one, I forget if the app has its own buffer setting you can mess with.
I am using 256 at the moment. I used the same with a scarlet 2i2 so I should have enough horse power - the current interface is an Universal Audio Arrow. The CPU usage rarely goes above about 10%.

Neural DSP got back to me and it said it's a Windows issue with Thunderbolt which they will fix in the next update.

I am used to Windows so it would be nice to stick with the platform.

How did you find Plini?

Last edited:

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
I am using 256 at the moment. I used the same with a scarlet 2i2 so I should have enough horse power - the current interface is an Universal Audio Arrow. The CPU usage rarely goes above about 10%.

Neural DSP got back to me and it said it's a Windows issue with Thunderbolt which they will fix in the next update.

I am used to Windows so it would be nice to stick with the platform.

How did you find Plini?
Oh, thunderbolt, wouldn't have thought of that.

I liked it, took some time to get a tone I wanted but didn't give me much my Kemper didn't already provide, though I may try the others out. If I need to be more mobile it'll be a serious option to consider.