RCF Summer Jam 2018

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
AWESOME stuff everyone!
We all fully rock.
Yep.
FULLY.
@Strigidae lovely phrasing bud and you know only the cool kids use Strats in these jams, right? *finger guns*
@everfreetree that was beautiful bud. You 100% gave me the *feels*. Ooooft.
@AdiHughes I see what you did there. I SEE it. Blues shred. You’re one sick badass.
@GloopyJon Lol! my first thought was “THAT’S NO DUCK!”:eek: Sooooo glad you found a way to record a take. And managed to squeeze some tasty licks in there too. Thanks so much for putting this together bud. #LEGEND
Also...*wipes with sleeve to hastily remove some of the dust*
<tries to insert Dude Of The Day pic but Dropbox is being an ass>
@Alan O'hagan It’s like I almost get over how GORGEOUS that PRS is...and KABOOM! The GAS hits me in the gut. Great playing too. You’re a star.
@johnniegoat Loved it! You use effects like a boss Johnnie. Stunning stuff!
@A-D-L AND THE DUDE USES A CHAPMAN! Cracking playing too - some really nice melodic licks there!
@philbo that moment when you flicked to the bridge pickup? That was a proper release-the-RAWK moment. Delightful playing and yep, a killer tone!
The main thing though?
We all took part and we all rocked our socks off.
Hell yeah.
*holds up hand expectantly*
TEAM HIGH FIVE!
:cool:
:)

@philbo impresses, once more.
Also, thoroughly enjoyed @bad alice 's tone, and @Strigidae 's playing, as always.
Very nice work, folks.
Maybe a TOUCH too much reverb on mine... new pedal and all :D.
There's few absolute truths in this world but one of them is that there's no such thing as too much reverb! :D Sounded awesome in both tone and reverb, what pedal was that?

AWESOME stuff everyone!
We all fully rock.
Yep.
FULLY.
@Strigidae lovely phrasing bud and you know only the cool kids use Strats in these jams, right? *finger guns*
@everfreetree that was beautiful bud. You 100% gave me the *feels*. Ooooft.
@AdiHughes I see what you did there. I SEE it. Blues shred. You’re one sick badass.
@GloopyJon Lol! my first thought was “THAT’S NO DUCK!”:eek: Sooooo glad you found a way to record a take. And managed to squeeze some tasty licks in there too. Thanks so much for putting this together bud. #LEGEND
Also...*wipes with sleeve to hastily remove some of the dust*
<tries to insert Dude Of The Day pic but Dropbox is being an ass>
@Alan O'hagan It’s like I almost get over how GORGEOUS that PRS is...and KABOOM! The GAS hits me in the gut. Great playing too. You’re a star.
@johnniegoat Loved it! You use effects like a boss Johnnie. Stunning stuff!
@A-D-L AND THE DUDE USES A CHAPMAN! Cracking playing too - some really nice melodic licks there!
@philbo that moment when you flicked to the bridge pickup? That was a proper release-the-RAWK moment. Delightful playing and yep, a killer tone!
The main thing though?
We all took part and we all rocked our socks off.
Hell yeah.
*holds up hand expectantly*
TEAM HIGH FIVE!
:cool:
:)
All Strats may be awesome but not everyone is freaking black on gold. Absolutely stunning! :cold: ...aaand now my G.A.S. is back. :(

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
There's few absolute truths in this world but one of them is that there's no such thing as too much reverb! :D Sounded awesome in both tone and reverb, what pedal was that?
Heh, fair enough. Thank ya!

And the pedal is the new Oceans 11 Reverb by Electro-Harmonix.
Specifically, it's the freaking BRILLIANT Spring Reverb setting, which is apparently a recreation of the Fender 6G15 tube spring reverb, and it's... probably the best spring reverb I've ever heard. It does surf stuff like nobody's business. I love it.
I would buy it again just for that one setting.

philbo

That works more than very well. Best tones I've heard from that software! :clap:
It's really useful for things like this. I'm not great with home recording but this keeps it simple.

I mainly use it for silent practice or jamming along to tracks when i'm learning them without having to hook up my pedalboard etc. Has pretty much any tone you can think of!