Which Track?

Votes: 8 61.5%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
If this gets moved there better be more entries. And i'm gonna have a rethink of timelines. 4 jams a year shouldn't take 12 whole months to complete. This is collaborative and 6 weeks per deadline should be more than enough.

I'm putting out a request for people to find and PM me tracks. Everyone knows i'm fond of the heavier stuff so comfortable tracks are quite different for me. This should help ease the searching time and allow me to craft a better schedule for these going forward.

If this gets moved there better be more entries. And i'm gonna have a rethink of timelines. 4 jams a year shouldn't take 12 whole months to complete. This is collaborative and 6 weeks per deadline should be more than enough.

I'm putting out a request for people to find and PM me tracks. Everyone knows i'm fond of the heavier stuff so comfortable tracks are quite different for me. This should help ease the searching time and allow me to craft a better schedule for these going forward.
I've always been on the "Short-ish deadline" bandwagon. When I did the edit I got most tracks the last two days, a couple during editing and very few in the weeks before. Having a deadline of, say, 4-6 weeks, leaves plenty of time to do a 1 minute take while not being long enough for people (like myself) to forget about it. If the deadline is missed there's not that long to the next one. Just my 2 *insert relevant currency*.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
We could always do a "Heavy" and a "light" track, to encourage people to participate when one isn't to their liking, since the other might be better for them. And they could be spaced out so we get 2 jams per season, 1 heavy, 1 light.
Doesn't have to be overly complicated, just blues versus metal, Jazz versus Djent, whatever people like.

If this gets moved there better be more entries. And i'm gonna have a rethink of timelines. 4 jams a year shouldn't take 12 whole months to complete.
I agree in principle...I think the decision about moving it can only be taken by whoever is editing the video for this one - and I don't know who that is. If needed, I could do it, but not until some time in January.

Re timelines...yes, it's mainly a case of having the time to sit and do it. For the more accomplished guitarists, and those who have a recording setup ready to go, that should indeed be fairly trivial. For me personally, it always takes a few hours to work out something to play, and then manage to play it through without too many mistakes. It can take me dozens of attempts to get that right, and sometimes I don't manage to do it in a single session. It's quite a challenge for someone like me to produce a minute's worth of guitar that I'm not ashamed to put out there!

I did want to do this one with one of the guitars that I've been making, but I'm not going to have time for that now, sadly. I'll probably do it with my Crimson semi-hollow build instead, if the deadline is extended into January.

Wuzza

long time lurker
I'm happy to put together what people have done so we can have a fresh start in Jan. I should be able to get it done over Xmas, although I am working over pretty much all of it.

Dropbox details are the same as last time, you should have a pm with them if you've joined before, don't make me do unnecessary work :p

Edit: had to update the details, PM for the goodies. ;)

Last edited:

A-D-L

Northern Monkey
I've always been on the "Short-ish deadline" bandwagon. When I did the edit I got most tracks the last two days, a couple during editing and very few in the weeks before. Having a deadline of, say, 4-6 weeks, leaves plenty of time to do a 1 minute take while not being long enough for people (like myself) to forget about it. If the deadline is missed there's not that long to the next one. Just my 2 *insert relevant currency*.
That's the aim. I want the winter jam over and done with before 25th rolls around. Then everyone can have a nice break and use their new toys come the spring one.

mirage2101

To me it's simple. If I miss the deadline then I'm out and it's my own fault.
Ofcourse if I'm just delayed by a day or two I might just PM A-D-L to inform him. But I've been busy with other things and my recording setup is in shambles. So no hard feelings if you guys just move on and I hope to have my setup working for the next jam.

(Not that I have the illusion that you're waiting just for me. Just want to say I get how things should keep moving)

Wuzza

long time lurker
It's slim pickings this time....

I'll get this done over the next few days, so if anyone wants to drop a tardy one in, get it done quick . ;)

Wuzza

long time lurker
Really sorry for the delay, I've been working solid and then laid up with a proper case of man-flu.. Just starting to feel better, will get this done asap. (feels especially bad as it shouldn't take me long) :oops:

Wuzza

long time lurker
Apoloogies again,

It's a bit small, but kudos to @AngusWolfe for entering his first jam (so much so I honoured him with the thumbnail), and also @AdiHughes..... where has the hair gawn?!?!?! :D
(amusing note, somehow I had an old solo from @A-D-L and was trying to synch it to this track. Didn't work, didn't work at all...…. :D )
Definitely need more next time, I'll try and make an effort as well.)