RCF 2018/9 Double Jam! Winter and Spring

Is the new cut for the spring jam up?
I had only specifically planned to use it myself, but if other people would like to use the same one, I'll pop it in my Dropbox or something. Give me a little while to sort that out and I'll do it later this evening. I don't think it will matter from an editing point of view which one gets used, as long as I know!

Okay....this is my cut. There are two versions, one which is the exact bit that I would play to, and one that has a bar before and a bar afterwards, to potentially help with the timing of the recordings. I've uploaded them on my website and you should be able to download them via the links below.
Spring jam exact
Spring jam bar-in bar-out

Please let me know if that works or if you have any problems! When I try clicking on the links, it plays the file but gives a little player with a menu button on the right, with a "Download" option.

If anyone wants to use a different cut, or more of the track etc., then feel free to chop whatever you like from the full track that A-D-L uploaded in this post.

Hi all, a quick update in case anybody is wondering what's going on. Wuzza unfortunately can't edit the winter jam so I've been asked to step in and do it instead. I've started to edit the video tonight but it will take me a couple of days to get it all sorted out, so ETA is later this week.

I currently have five entries for this jam, and I also have a non-binding offer from someone else to give it a go on Wednesday evening. If anybody else still feels like caressing their G string in time to some mellow blues, you have a couple of days but please let me know if I should expect something.

For the spring jam, we haven't set a formal deadline as the original date has passed. I suggest we give it until the end of the month, so let's say Sunday 28th. As I will have visitors for a few days that week, if you can send me your entry earlier than that, it would be good because then I can start working on the video in advance.

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
I may have to duck out again, fractured my forefinger last week which makes lead playing painful, hopefully it heals up soon

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
i am in

tracks submitted to the Gloopster - i am sure he can find a picture of a goat to use

gear... for those interested....

recorded and mixed using Audacity on my old Samsung Netbook running W10
mic'd with the Korean Karaoke Girl mic

Amp -
Blues Jr set vanilla

FX -
Way Huge Pork Loin Booster
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V2
Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe
Way Huge Blue Hippo Mini Chorus
Way Huge Echo Puss Delay

Guitars

Winter Jam - approx 11 tracks
Intro - Slide on the Gloopy Client Jr and Raygun LP Jr hard left and right with Peerless 335 in the middle
Middle - Home Build Strat with Raygun underwound pickups tracked left and right
End - Peerless 335 - 2 tracks stacked
various swoops from the Gloopy and Jr where appropriate

Spring Jam - approx 6 tracks
Intro - Home Build SD Pickup Strat with Trem and Blue Home Build Not-Shiflett Tele
Middle - Blue Home Build Not-Shiflett Tele
Harmony - Blue Home Build Not-Shiflett Tele and Green Home Build Strat with Jaden Alnico5 PIckups
Outro - Green Home Build Strat with Jaden Alnico5 PIckups

Attachments

Damn, that's what I call action! We had a little exchange earlier in the week about this, and he's only gone and done BOTH jams in one morning, what a star!

With a bit of luck, the winter jam video will come out tonight unless anybody else tells me that they are planning to imminently submit a late-late entry.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
i am in

tracks submitted to the Gloopster - i am sure he can find a picture of a goat to use

gear... for those interested....

recorded and mixed using Audacity on my old Samsung Netbook running W10
mic'd with the Korean Karaoke Girl mic

Amp -
Blues Jr set vanilla

FX -
Way Huge Pork Loin Booster
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V2
Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe
Way Huge Blue Hippo Mini Chorus
Way Huge Echo Puss Delay

Guitars

Winter Jam - approx 11 tracks
Intro - Slide on the Gloopy Client Jr and Raygun LP Jr hard left and right with Peerless 335 in the middle
Middle - Home Build Strat with Raygun underwound pickups tracked left and right
End - Peerless 335 - 2 tracks stacked
various swoops from the Gloopy and Jr where appropriate

Spring Jam - approx 6 tracks
Intro - Home Build SD Pickup Strat with Trem and Blue Home Build Not-Shiflett Tele
Middle - Blue Home Build Not-Shiflett Tele
Harmony - Blue Home Build Not-Shiflett Tele and Green Home Build Strat with Jaden Alnico5 PIckups
Outro - Green Home Build Strat with Jaden Alnico5 PIckups
I like how you basically did the exact polar opposite of what I did. Variety assured.
Looking forward to it.

Wuzza

long time lurker
Awesome job everyone. The one thing that stands out to me is nobody "overplayed" on this. Enjoyed every single one.

Special to kudos to @mirage2101's first time, hope you don't mind me quoting you "I have to admit I’m a little nervous about it. I haven’t played for anybody else then my teacher.. I just hope it’s good enough." You've taken a big step my friend, be proud. Hope this gives you more confidence. :)

Also @GloopyJon big thanks for taking over the edit, it's appreciated. :)

mirage2101

Special to kudos to @mirage2101's first time, hope you don't mind me quoting you "I have to admit I’m a little nervous about it. I haven’t played for anybody else then my teacher.. I just hope it’s good enough." You've taken a big step my friend, be proud. Hope this gives you more confidence. :)
As I was listening to the jam I was pretty happy with my take. I was afraid it'd stand out like a sore thumb but it fits pretty well with the rest.
It's really fun to see how everybody has their own way with the track and it all sounds different. I might use some stuff as inspiration :)

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
I've just listened to the whole thing, you guys f*****n nailed it! I don't think I've listened to any solo 6 minutes long where every.single.note.counted.... top work!!!

2 weeks today until the next deadline. My finger's still unusable (well, that's a lie, its just the tip that's painful, so pretty much only playing guitar is an issue) so my take will have to be a last minute effort if it heals in time (osteoporosis doesn't help), but if it doesn't I might chuck an unnecessary slide solo in anyway.

Anyway, well done all!